Early return for Blake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mickey Lane View Post
    We are actually on the same page in regards to BF he is in my side in the centres for sure every day of the week but it just occurred to me today that because he has a broken nose he is not up for contact so Elliott was running in the centres which gave me the impression he must be doing the right things.

I would never compare Elliott with Fergusson but I think you are off the mark with your comment "Elliott can tie up Blakes laces", Elliott IMO will surprise a few people including you just like Guerra, Tupou or Moa did but we will have to wait for it to come to fruition.
    I hope Elliott does surprise me. Can't win the comp without depth. Injuries are inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
      I hope Elliott does surprise me. Can't win the comp without depth. Injuries are inevitable.
      Sweet.

Comment

its all adding up to be a very good season for us?

Comment

Elliot was ordinary in the nines, i cringed every time he got the ball or the opposition ran at him and McDonald. Ferguson will start in 1st grade, i have no doubt

Comment

I have seen Elliot play for a few years through the SG Ball and 20s.
            I realised he is no erratic flashy superstar, but he is dependable and every now and then comes up with the play that is needed.
            He has the consistency to make first grade. I didn't get it at first but he is very consistent and most likely has the right attitude.
            The Internet is a place for posting silly things
            Try and be serious and you will look stupid
            sigpic

Comment

I like him. He made that break in the 9's where he stood up the defender and got on the outside of him for a strong break - I can't quite remember whether we scored a try or not off of it.

Some players need a lot of game time before they reach their potential, others - like Roger - burst onto the scene and dominated before heading back to the pack after a couple of seasons. Hopefully this year Rog becomes excellent.
              Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

He did score off of it, SG.

I don't mind Elliott. He has a good swerve, a good in and away move which gets him on the outside of defenders.

He's probably, what? Our 4th or 5th choice centre?

Jennings/Fergo
                SKD
                Milne/Elliott

6th even if Robbo prefers Aubo at centre.

That to me is pretty outstanding depth because he strikes me as a capable 1st grader. Certainly no worse than a lot of the Derrick's that the Eels, Dragons, Sharks and Titans will have in the centres.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsgrove-Loiner View Post
                  I really hope I'm wrong about ferguson, aka Jar Jar Binks, and everyone else (apart from Danish) is correct.

Show him some footage of Carney in 2010 as an example of how to turn things around. Skip 2011 though......

Even though I didn't want him here, I'll be rooting for him to do well, the crazy muslim bastard.
                  Well said Bro'..

Comment

I like Elliot cos the Oracle bro' doesn't rate him. Actually I think he will play a bit of first grade over the coming years whether here or another club. He will turn out to be a solid dependable player, be is quite deceptive and has a good attitude.

All successful clubs need some unfashionable yet consistent players to compliment their so called and often erratic stars.

Comment

Originally posted by SoS View Post
                      I like Elliot cos the Oracle bro' doesn't rate him. Actually I think he will play a bit of first grade over the coming years whether here or another club. He will turn out to be a solid dependable player, be is quite deceptive and has a good attitude.

All successful clubs need some unfashionable yet consistent players to compliment their so called and often erratic stars.
                      Weird reason to like him turk. Your love affair for Stapo is also very weird!

Good luck to Elliot, I hope he makes me eat my words and ends up kicking serious ar$e for us!! Anything that benefits the Roosters of course I am all for!! But I just don't see it happening unfortunately for him and us. He isn't strong enough or aggressive enough to make up for him not being blistering fast. He has no x-factor about him. Having a great attitude is terrific, but you need some talent to go with it. In the 9's again he was made to look ordinary in defense at one particular time where an opposition player kept fending him away with ease.

I would swap in a heartbeat, Elliot for one of the two pamfers young gun centres in Waqa Blake or George Jennings.

By the way turk, what is the go and who are you trying to fool with the constant bro's??
                      The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Here's looking at you, kid.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rooster Oracle View Post
                        Weird reason to like him turk. Your love affair for Stapo is also very weird!

Good luck to Elliot, I hope he makes me eat my words and ends up kicking serious ar$e for us!! Anything that benefits the Roosters of course I am all for!! But I just don't see it happening unfortunately for him and us. He isn't strong enough or aggressive enough to make up for him not being blistering fast. He has no x-factor about him. Having a great attitude is terrific, but you need some talent to go with it. In the 9's again he was made to look ordinary in defense at one particular time where an opposition player kept fending him away with ease.

I would swap in a heartbeat, Elliot for one of the two pamfers young gun centres in Waqa Blake or George Jennings.

By the way turk, what is the go and who are you trying to fool with the constant bro's??
                        To stay within salary cap with your top 25 sometime$ requires clubs to also keep unfashionable players who the coaching staff and management are confident can do the job bro' bro' bro'. I would love to have all the best up and coming talent in the NRL in addition to a star studded first grade starting 17 but it is not possible in the real world with a salary cap and even the second tier cap.

We are not Bulldogs,$0uff$ or Broncos$, we are going to be scrutinized and audited more rigoursly.

I agree the Panthers pair of youngsters promise more than Elliott but Elliot will one day play a bit of first grade....probably not a lot at our club due to the talent we have....but at another club who will give him an opportunity. However he will be developed here and learn a lot due to the great setup we have.

What's with your Turkish obsession bro'''''? I'm a Kiwi Cuzz.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rooster bOracle View Post
                          ROTFLMAO....bro'....I fooled ya cuzz!

Comment

good mining in mudgeeeeeee
                            1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Working...
                            X