Delay In Jakes return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mickey Lane View Post
    I watched them train this morning while my mum was having an eye op at St Vinnies.

Few things Jackson Hastings & Mitch Williams were training with the team both playing hooker.
    Matt Mcilwrick & a group of players including Fergo, SKD, Kennedy & Jake Friend were being coached in the far corner by Robbo, Friend was playing 1st receiver & was putting up bombs in which Kennedy was catching them with SKD & Fergo following through.

Daniel Tupou & another Islander dude were doing sprints with the sprint coach who was telling Tupou not to stride out as much as what he was & Aiden Guerra wasn't training with the team he was 1 on 1 with Jonny Lewis doing pad work.
    Guerra is looking so fit he has definitely put on size & I think will be lock. I asked him if he was injured in which he replied that he was having a light training session then I said to him "they need you to stay fit & healthy Aiden this year" which he replied I will do my best then I said "you have been our best forward for 3 years keep it up" he said "thanks mate".

There is no way in the wide world will Jackson Hastings play in the halves for the Roosters, he is bow legged & has no speed off the mark. RTS will start the season at FB if fit looks like Fergo & SKD will be interchanging between centre & wing if today is anything to go on.
    I love the idea of SKD and Fergo interchanging, I want to see Fergo given opportunities to go back on the last tackle to do kick returns, this can give him some room to attack on occasion. Also would like to see Fergo on the wing for some cross field kicks when attacking near the tryline.

I am really interested to see what is going to eventuate with the future of Hastings. This year I want to see him act as hooker or back up hooker off the bench to McIlwrick while Friend is out, and then on Friend's return act as the utility on the bench if he is good enough to keep McIlwrick out of the 17. I want to see 2 of McIlwrick, Hastings and Williams take care of the hooking duties while Friend is out, and let Maubs play in his proper position of second row. Maubs kicked ass in the 9's by running out wide and I don't want to see this taken away.

What on earth is going to happen with Hastings next year? Is the club confident enough in him and planning on letting Maloney go at the end of this year and have Hastings take over at 5/8th? I would like to see Hastings eventually end up as our 5/8th, but I'm not sure he is ready to step up for the big challenge next year. In an ideal world for me I would love to see us keep Maloney for at least 1 more year, to give Hastings the time to improve/develop more.

I have heard some rumblings of plans of having Hastings play fullback if RTS doesn't work out or if RTS leaves us. I really don't like that idea! Hastings imo is not the answer at fullback. As you mentioned Mickey, Hastings doesn't have the speed in order for him to be a great fullback for us. If RTS doesn't work out at fullback or ends up leaving us, I want to see us go after Folau who we could get with salary cap exemptions. Have Folau for a couple of years until we then don't get the benefits of the exemptions and our young gun fullback Latrell Mitchell is then ready to rock and roll!
    The year 2013 marks the beginning of the Roosters next 'decade of excellence', and it will prove to be more successful than the last!

Here's looking at you, kid.

Comment

Jake has thrown his support behind young Horrie to warm his seat...for what its worth....per RLW.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Lane View Post
        I actually went there hoping Mini would be there because I have this poster of Mini in cartoon style post the 2013 GF that I want him to sign because I am going to frame it & hang it in my man cave but he wasn't there but I still fully enjoyed seeing the team train.

Go the MIGHTY ROOSTERS.
        I think Mini is more in the office and doing clinics a couple of days a week, so might not turn up to many trainings.
        Coaching clinics are the go to get his signature I think
        The Internet is a place for posting silly things
        Try and be serious and you will look stupid
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X