No announcement yet.

Pearce and JWH and the Allstars Match Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the whole event seems like a guilt trip tbh.
    My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
    My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

Why does Bennett have to coach this team every time this game is on?Let some one else have a go.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
        They need to watch how Bill Harrigan referreed...barely knew he was there and the footy was great.
        Jack- Bill was one of a kind, that is for sure but he did ref by himself , his positioning gave him a good perspective, most players knew what he wanted, directions were clear and concise - he did not have to be critiqued by multiple "third umpire" vision and analysis, yet he still managed to get most calls right and the game flowed .
        Something these muppets should learn.
        Is the Game a better spectacle now?
        Do they get their calls right ,even with the TMO ?
        What happened to make a decision and keep the game going?
        TV commentators focus on the wrong issues which are bringing the Game down .

Comment

Game wasn't really entertaining. I don't think many of the nrl all stars put in a lot of effort which is understandable.

I am not looking forward to the commentary next season.

Phil Gould must have mentioned at least 30 times during the coverage that he watched Thurston's kicking practice before the game.
          Comment of the year:

Andrew Johns, Semi-Final vs North Queensland ,

"It's touched Lui's hand and travelled forward but that's not a knock on"

Comment

game was in the balance most times

pre season rule: NEVER EVER BAG A PROP FORWARD BEFORE SEASON STARTS

otherwise Pearce looks good, lucky he played against Thurston as a warm up to the season opener, may benefit.
            "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

The only important things to come out of last night were Pearce & JWH were not injured and JWH was not charged with anything.

Also Phil Gould and Joey have an unnatural love for Matt Moylan. Creepy.
              Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all.

Comment

Originally posted by SoS View Post
                Pearce just kicked a 35-25. Another thing bro's, I'm sick of the love affair Gould, Johns and Lewis are having for Moylan. The Moylan dropped ball was Pearces fault....lol Johns..it still went straight through Moylans hands.
                Thanks SoS for the lead in. Was hoping someone else thought that the channel 9 commentators do little to add to the entertainment value of watching footy on the TV. I know that we all have our favourites, but when the commentary is weighted so heavily, then it becomes nauseating. The incident you described was a glaring biasness against Pearce. The ball hit Moylan in the bread basket and he dropped it clean. Now I have no issue with Moylan, I think he's a good player, but how does Pearce get the blame for his drop ball.
                The Fox commentators are far better.

Comment

its now just another money making venture via tv, didn't matter how many seats they sold?

Comment

Originally posted by Game Fowl View Post
                    Jack- Bill was one of a kind, that is for sure but he did ref by himself , his positioning gave him a good perspective, most players knew what he wanted, directions were clear and concise - he did not have to be critiqued by multiple "third umpire" vision and analysis, yet he still managed to get most calls right and the game flowed .
                    Something these muppets should learn.
                    Is the Game a better spectacle now?
                    Do they get their calls right ,even with the TMO ?
                    What happened to make a decision and keep the game going?
                    TV commentators focus on the wrong issues which are bringing the Game down .
                    I just loved the 3-2 penalty counts and the fact that the best team won the game and that you we'rent focussing on the guy with the whistle and how he was going to fck things up.

I miss Rugby League.

Comment

I miss Rugby League.
                      yep

Comment

Originally posted by thevoz67 View Post
                        Thanks SoS for the lead in. Was hoping someone else thought that the channel 9 commentators do little to add to the entertainment value of watching footy on the TV. I know that we all have our favourites, but when the commentary is weighted so heavily, then it becomes nauseating. The incident you described was a glaring biasness against Pearce. The ball hit Moylan in the bread basket and he dropped it clean. Now I have no issue with Moylan, I think he's a good player, but how does Pearce get the blame for his drop ball.
                        The Fox commentators are far better.
                        Agree with you there Vossy bro' on all counts. Hahaha giving yourself a little bit of the self -promotion there with the Fox reference. They are definitely better especially Vossy and Brandy.

I miss rugby league, that game with it's stoppages for vidiots and penalties was nauseating. I also miss Warren Boland, Johnny Peard and Big Artie calling the game.

Hate to admit it but I miss Gallop too, sure he was News Ltd, but he had the games interest at heart compared to the morons now running (ruining) our once great game.

Comment

I just loved the 3-2 penalty counts and the fact that the best team won the game and that you we'rent focussing on the guy with the whistle and how he was going to fck things up.

I miss Rugby League.
                          I miss RL too.
                          But I seem to remember Harrigans penalty counts being more like 10-1 , 8-1 and such
                          The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                          Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                            I miss RL too.
                            But I seem to remember Harrigans penalty counts being more like 10-1 , 8-1 and such
                            That's what I remember too Kingbilly

Comment

Working...
                            X