Mini's still the one for Rooster greats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adzta View Post
    I just dont get why Smith wants to keep an under preforming halves combo together, rather than get something new going.

I just hope that Smith has taken note of Haynes game, and plays him in a similar role. I just don't think Carney will handle the high ball as well as hayne does.
    Carney's nothing like Hayne. Hayne struggled when he was in the halves, whereas Carney looks like an out and out 5/8. I have faith in Smith but all this talk about making Carney into Gidley and playing guys out of position makes me nervous.

Mini - weekly one on one match ups with big strong wingers is not what an ageing Mini is after. He'll fail on the wing, and must play fullback

Carney - looked like the solution to our long standing 5/8 woes, but now we're told he'll be moved to fullback. God only knows why

Anasta - maybe in a team with some explosive outside backs he might still be an option at 5/8. We are not that team, he is the slowest 5/8 in the NRL, and if he is retained at 5/8 our attack will struggle, as it always has when he's been in the position. Look forward to more midfield bombs

Pearce - a pivotal season for him. Must show that he is more than a kickaholic who never takes the line on.

Comment

Originally posted by adzta View Post
      I just dont get why Smith wants to keep an under preforming halves combo together, rather than get something new going.

I just hope that Smith has taken note of Haynes game, and plays him in a similar role. I just don't think Carney will handle the high ball as well as hayne does.
      Hayne isn't too flash under the high ball. Also his positioning is not that great.

Comment

Fark me...a gun 5/8 and the 25 yr FG coach moves him to fullback...no wonder you haven't won a comp yet Smith...like to sms all the time ?...I've got one for you...Carney is a friggin 5/8...he likes a drink and can't handle his liquor but he's still a friggin 5/8...

If Smith has entered the Chris Anderson Dementia years we're farked again...they signed him for 4 years..............he'll probably have forgotten so it won't cost us that much to move him on after a year and a half...

Comment

TOK- Stay at Rusty's Zoo in Coffs Harbour. BS has said that he will trial Carney at fullback in the trials to see if he has a future.I think its a pretty good idea, because its great to see guys become used to playing more than one position and we dont know if mini can last a full season. This will be a challenge for Carney, and i am sure he wont let the side down. He is also a great kicker-long range, and he is also a great goal kicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi Rooster View Post
            WRONG! Mini is the Roosters team of the Century Fullback!
            Mini is our fullback in the Centurions - a team comprised of players who have played 100+ games for us in our first 100 years. Fairfax is the fullback of our team of the century 1908-2000

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade View Post
              Mini is our fullback in the Centurions - a team comprised of players who have played 100+ games for us in our first 100 years. Fairfax is the fullback of our team of the century 1908-2000
              Correctamundo...

Comment

Originally posted by roosterman10 View Post
                TOK- Stay at Rusty's Zoo in Coffs Harbour. BS has said that he will trial Carney at fullback in the trials to see if he has a future.I think its a pretty good idea, because its great to see guys become used to playing more than one position and we dont know if mini can last a full season. This will be a challenge for Carney, and i am sure he wont let the side down. He is also a great kicker-long range, and he is also a great goal kicker.

Zoo? It's no zoo. 50m pool, 3 tennis courts, driving range. Plus he has 2 fulltime chefs who cooked us up one of the best feeds I've ever had. It was marinated swordfish - absolutely sensational. Did get sick of hearing him and Richo bang on about Sam Burgess though. Although Danny W didn't seem to mind... Anyway, he's not the greatest Roosters fan old Rusty. Said whenever he's interviewed in the media he always refers to the Roosters as "Easts" or "Eastern Suburbs" just to piss off Roosters supporters. A bit petty, but hey, that's Russell

But yeah, you make a good point about Carney and playing additional positions. What about trialling him at hooker as well? Might help with depth

Comment

Originally posted by Tries Off Kicks View Post
                  Zoo? It's no zoo. 50m pool, 3 tennis courts, driving range. Plus he has 2 fulltime chefs who cooked us up one of the best feeds I've ever had. It was marinated swordfish - absolutely sensational. Did get sick of hearing him and Richo bang on about Sam Burgess though. Although Danny W didn't seem to mind... Anyway, he's not the greatest Roosters fan old Rusty. Said whenever he's interviewed in the media he always refers to the Roosters as "Easts" or "Eastern Suburbs" just to piss off Roosters supporters. A bit petty, but hey, that's Russell

But yeah, you make a good point about Carney and playing additional positions. What about trialling him at hooker as well? Might help with depth
                  Funny thing is we refer to ourselves as "Easts"

Did you all sit around a campfire and read from the new testament / Book of Feuds?

Comment

So when is the article out?

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Gunn View Post

Did you all sit around a campfire and read from the new testament / Book of Feuds?
                      No, we sat around the pool drinking limincillo shots mostly. No mention of the book of feuds.

Comment

Anyway, he's not the greatest Roosters fan old Rusty. Said whenever he's interviewed in the media he always refers to the Roosters as "Easts" or "Eastern Suburbs" just to piss off Roosters supporters. A bit petty, but hey, that's Russell ...
                        I don't know who you are (and I don't especially care) or if what you wrote above is true, but assuming that rusty thinks that referring to the Roosters as "Easts" or "Eastern Suburbs" will piss off Roosters supporters, well that demonstrates solely that his ego is exceeded only by his ignorance.
                        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Gunn View Post

Now that would be funny if it wasnt probbaly true.I was in Sydney the other weekend and saw Sam Burgess at the pup I had my Easts shirt on and there was big Sam eyeing it up and down.I noticed him and this and asked him if that fuickwit Crowe had given him the book of feuds to read as judging by the way you are looking at my shirt he has.Burgess laughed at this and I said if he ever wanted to know the truth I would be happy to buy him a beer and tell him how false a lot of the book was.He declined but I did tell him how Souths stole our juniors many years back by having the boundaries shifted.
                          When you trust your television
                          what you get is what you got
                          Cause when they own the information
                          they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
                            Now that would be funny if it wasnt probbaly true.I was in Sydney the other weekend and saw Sam Burgess at the pup I had my Easts shirt on and there was big Sam eyeing it up and down.I noticed him and this and asked him if that fuickwit Crowe had given him the book of feuds to read as judging by the way you are looking at my shirt he has.Burgess laughed at this and I said if he ever wanted to know the truth I would be happy to buy him a beer and tell him how false a lot of the book was.He declined but I did tell him how Souths stole our juniors many years back by having the boundaries shifted.
                            Yeah, sure you did

Comment

Yeah, sure you did
                              You dont know me from a bar of soap.Therefor you have no idea of what I would or would not say. If you carry on in real life like you do in here regardless of who you may or may not be I would have no hestitation in calling you a ****wit as well
                              Last edited by Andrew Walker; 02-09-2010, 10:48 AM.
                              When you trust your television
                              what you get is what you got
                              Cause when they own the information
                              they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade View Post
                                Oh ok, I always thought that there was only one team of the century. My mistake.

Comment

Working...
                                X