The New Fitzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Fitzy

Every team needs a Fitzy, a Hindmarsh or Dallas Johnson. A guy who does a lot of tackling, is first to run the ball back after a kick and covers up mistakes. Do we have a new Fitzy or Ricko is present squad? KB

Nate Myles, been saying it since it was announced Fitzy would leave. If put in the backrow Myles is certainly capable of making 30-40 tackles a game plus plenty of metres... he has a huge engine.

Comment

Aubusson boys and Nate will tackle themselves into the ground. Ryles is also a stats whore, prefer if he sticks to hitups at his age though.
      Last edited by elo; 02-07-2010, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Mitch Aubusson could fill the void, and possibly Daniel Conn. I'm not too sure whether Nate can, but judging by posts by other people it looks like he could too

Comment

it'll take more than one of the current crop to "replace" fitzy. he was a unique player and i don't think he can just be replaced

Comment

Originally posted by my_dogs_named_fitzy View Post
            it'll take more than one of the current crop to "replace" fitzy. he was a unique player and i don't think he can just be replaced
            Absolutely! A question akin to 'who will replace Fittler / Beetson / Hastings'. Though a much different style than any of these, a true champion all the same. Hearts as big as Fitzy's are a very rare thing.

Comment

Of our current squad I reckon Mitch Aubusson is probably most likely to become another Fitzy, although it will take some time for him to reach that great height.

Like Fitzy, Mitch is a team player. Has always played in whatever positions he's been asked to, even if its out of position. And has always given 100% no matter the circumstances.

Given the chance to play in his preferred position - lock/second row, Maubs will certainly peform the Fitzy clean up role well. And Mitch has never lacked heart when it comes to playing for the Roosters.

NC
              Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

I think you'll find that there isn't just one player that will pick up Fitzy's load. I think the whole pack will need to make more than their usual tackles to fill in that void left by Fitzy. Although players such as Nate Myles, James Aubusson, Jason Ryles and Mitch Aubusson have big motors.

Comment

There's no one there that can replace Fitzy...hopefully a younger player can try and emulate him...the current crop wouldn't be able to get close to his standard...

Comment

bloke called boyd cordner. Wont be in 2010 and maybe not even in 2011 but be prepared. This kid literally has it all. The guts, determination, workrate and grit of fitz in attack and defense however add morely's aggression and a bit more skill on the ball. Our young crop offer more than enough. A storm esc dynasty beckons at bondi mark my words..... It wont come to fruition till around 2012 when these kids hit the grade but i havent seen such strength in roosters juniors and juniors of other sides as well for a very long time

Comment

Originally posted by roz View Post
                      bloke called boyd cordner. Wont be in 2010 and maybe not even in 2011 but be prepared. This kid literally has it all. The guts, determination, workrate and grit of fitz in attack and defense however add morely's aggression and a bit more skill on the ball. Our young crop offer more than enough. A storm esc dynasty beckons at bondi mark my words..... It wont come to fruition till around 2012 when these kids hit the grade but i havent seen such strength in roosters juniors and juniors of other sides as well for a very long time
                      Cordner will get his crack in 2010, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                        Cordner will get his crack in 2010, that's for sure.
                        Isn't he a bit young still R_6?
                        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by roz View Post
                          I agree that Boyd is a special player who should blossom at the right time under coach Smith.
                          I reckon that ex Parra NYC capt- Jason Baiteri could fit the mould based on what i've read stat's wise(he appeared in several key top 5 categories in 2009) and comments offered in previous threads. Looking forward to seeing him play.
                          n.b Rohan Ahern was considered by Freddie and others as having a big engine. Injuries crueled his first grade career with us, i just hope his departure doesn't come back to bite us ala Winterstein!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
                            Isn't he a bit young still R_6?
                            Doesn't play like it... I guess the biggest fear is burn out. For such a young guy he's had a massive workload lately of games and training, the club need to manage him correctly because the last thing he needs is to go down a similar path to that of Williamson.

He's certainly got some big wraps at the club and if he's dominating in the 20's then I don't think Smith will be left with any other choice...

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                              Doesn't play like it... I guess the biggest fear is burn out. For such a young guy he's had a massive workload lately of games and training, the club need to manage him correctly because the last thing he needs is to go down a similar path to that of Williamson.

He's certainly got some big wraps at the club and if he's dominating in the 20's then I don't think Smith will be left with any other choice...
                              It just concerns me with Boyd that he is young and that he might suffer the same kind of fate that SBW and Benji Marshall experienced by coming into FG so quickly - injuries and more injuries. I shall bow to the better judgement of those who know and hope that, as you say, the club manages him correctly.
                              "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X