No announcement yet.

The New Fitzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe not a Fitzy replacement but I feel Tom Symmonds may be our next Salvatori!
    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
      maybe not a Fitzy replacement but I feel Tom Symmonds may be our next Salvatori!
      He will need to get stuck in to the pies....!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tries Off Kicks View Post
        I've never seen Boyd play, but no way do modern day forwards have far more skills than those of previous generations. There's a lot less ball playing now than there was 10 or 20 years ago before there was interchange and before there were Polynesians. Unless you mean wrestling skills of course
        what im getting at is that the traditional workhorse forwards of even the last 20 years - fitzy, hindmarsh, dallas johnson, sattler (scott) etc all had massive workrates in defence and made plenty of hitups as well however often lacked that sharp piece of skill such as a well calculated offload, flick or even the presence of mind to hit the right hole thats all im saying whereas boyd as a far more well rounded game in that he boasts a very strong attacking game - at one stage he was being considered as a possibility to start off first grade in the centres whilst still boasting those workhorse traits. A good comparison is to the likes of ben creagh who hits good holes, has a great offload and a little bit of footwork at the line making him dangerous running wide. boyd however is also a much bigger and stronger build to creagh and therefore brings a little more power to his game and has a truck load of aggression as well as i have said
        Last edited by roz; 02-09-2010, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by roz View Post
          what im getting at is that the traditional workhorse forwards of even the last 20 years - fitzy, hindmarsh, dallas johnson, sattler (scott) etc all had massive workrates in attack and made plenty of hitups as well however often lacked that sharp piece of skill such as a well calculated offload, flick or even the presence of mind to hit the right hole thats all im saying whereas boyd as a far more well rounded game in that he boasts a very strong attacking game - at one stage he was being considered as a possibility to start off first grade in the centres whilst still boasting those workhorse traits. A good comparison is to the likes of ben creagh who hits good holes, has a great offload and a little bit of footwork at the line making him dangerous running wide. boyd however is also a much bigger and stronger build to creagh and therefore brings a little more power to his game and has a truck load of aggression as well as i have said
          fair enough, well put

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
            Cordner will play first grade in 2010. Coach Smith told me so himself....
            I dont doubt he will play first grade, he is already better than some of our forwards that are much older than him.

Comment

boyd however is also a much bigger and stronger build to creagh
              he must be a big unit, cause B Creagh is a pretty big unit

Comment

Originally posted by Chookies74 View Post
                he must be a big unit, cause B Creagh is a pretty big unit
                he is 17, 188cm tall and 96kgs. Also dont forget that creagh started out as a back whereas cordner has always been a forward so he is a more solid build if you know what i mean - creagh is a little wirey compared to boyd

Comment

Originally posted by roz View Post
                  he is 17, 188cm tall and 96kgs. Also dont forget that creagh started out as a back whereas cordner has always been a forward so he is a more solid build if you know what i mean - creagh is a little wirey compared to boyd
                  As his mother, you must be so proud of him.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pass the Ball View Post
                    As his mother, you must be so proud of him.....
                    hahaha. ill pay that one. in all seriousness, if this kid fulfills his potential then i think all of us will be wishing we did father this kid

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                      Good lord. In what way?

Comment

Originally posted by fred68 View Post
                        I dont doubt he will play first grade, he is already better than some of our forwards that are much older than him.
                        Yep...at the moment he kills the coconuts. Frank Paul and Lopini have a long way to go to catch this superstar of the Under 20s that has done jack shit in first grade - but we expect him to.
                        Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

I think his passion for this club and the juniors will endear him in a similar way we hold Salvo, Ricko and Fitzy
                          Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Fark first grade this kid will captain Australia this season...............in Cricket !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tries Off Kicks View Post
                              Good lord. In what way?
                              Your problem is that you are too busy trying to be a smart ass and too busy trying to show people up and put them down on here You dont stop to think what some people are getting at and just chime in with a smart ass remark.This shows you are nowhere near as as smart as you like to think Because you have missed it big time here

I would say he is referring to Salvatori who went on to represent NSW and Australia, being a local junior just like Symonds who may well do the same
                              Last edited by Andrew Walker; 02-09-2010, 01:56 PM.
                              When you trust your television
                              what you get is what you got
                              Cause when they own the information
                              they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Originally posted by melon.... View Post
                                Yep...at the moment he kills the coconuts. Frank Paul and Lopini have a long way to go to catch this superstar of the Under 20s that has done jack shit in first grade - but we expect him to.
                                he is already better than the likes of cohn and koops - both of whom are crap and fringe first grade players at best.

plus in time, he will regularly perform well for our club, unlike your mighty myles who can only manage to perform well for qld.

Comment

Working...
                                X