The New Fitzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
    Your problem is that you are too busy trying to be a smart ass and too busy trying to show people up and put them down on here You dont stop to think what some people are getting at and just chime in with a smart ass remark.This shows you are nowhere near as as smart as you like to think Because you have missed it big time here

I would say he is referring to Salvatori who went on to represent NSW and Australia, being a local junior just like Symonds who may well do the same
    My reply was not quoted back to the original question, so I'll explain it here again.

AW, you are on track in that I see Tom as a future Salvo/Rikko, or even a Fitzy because he is local and he passionately cares about this club.
    I took no offence to being asked to explain my thoughts. Not for a minute did I get the impression my opinion was being put down
    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

who the **** names there kid Boyd

There is some sick Brohman reference there
      I dig it.
      barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy View Post
        When all the dust settles and emotions ease, Fitzy was without doubt a legend. His workrate second to none.
        But the fact is he led a team to the wooden spoon, so his leadership has at least to be questioned.
        In attack, he became predictable, those angled runs to the left that made him an easy pick up.
        I agree with all on here that Fitzy though had the "X factor" - just an indescribable work ethic that (I agree) every team needs.
        He is not irreplaceable - far from it. we will be the poorer in defence and workrate, but better in attack. The Willie Mason saga is a tragedy for us. He could right now be preparing to be the next Fitzy .. anyway, water under the bridge.
        Anasta in the back row will be the worker. He will have a great 2010.
        In fact Fitzy did NOT lead a team to a wooden spoon. The captaincy was removed from him and given to Mr Anasta who lead the team to the wooden spoon. Now I'm only an observer but there did seem to be a shift in attitude that coincided with this decision. Sure the results before he was stripped were not too much more impressive, but given the situation and turmoil thats surrounded the club in the last 3 or so seasons, given that Fitzy still had the respect of team mates, opposition and the general footballing public, I'd say his leadership was far from questionable.

As for his attack, where does the blame lay there? Sure the player has responsibility, as too does the coach and the lazy so called "up and comers" at the club that seemed far more interested in watching the old boy run than putting their hand up. Fitzy's efforts on and off the field are irreplacable and for the criticism levelled at him, you seem short of providing a solution... Anasta will play in the halve and Willie is gone. There won't be a single player this season capable of making 30+ tackles, kicking goals and putting his hand up for everything the way Fitzy did week in week out, that is a dependable and respected on and off the field. Quote me if I'm wrong come seasons end.

Comment

^ Spot On!Well said Chen...

Comment

What's the latest on JWH ?
            Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by my_dogs_named_fitzy View Post
              In fact Fitzy did NOT lead a team to a wooden spoon. The captaincy was removed from him and given to Mr Anasta who lead the team to the wooden spoon. Now I'm only an observer but there did seem to be a shift in attitude that coincided with this decision. Sure the results before he was stripped were not too much more impressive, but given the situation and turmoil thats surrounded the club in the last 3 or so seasons, given that Fitzy still had the respect of team mates, opposition and the general footballing public, I'd say his leadership was far from questionable.

As for his attack, where does the blame lay there? Sure the player has responsibility, as too does the coach and the lazy so called "up and comers" at the club that seemed far more interested in watching the old boy run than putting their hand up. Fitzy's efforts on and off the field are irreplacable and for the criticism levelled at him, you seem short of providing a solution... Anasta will play in the halve and Willie is gone. There won't be a single player this season capable of making 30+ tackles, kicking goals and putting his hand up for everything the way Fitzy did week in week out, that is a dependable and respected on and off the field. Quote me if I'm wrong come seasons end.
              Myles will make 30-40 tackles each week. He'll shit it in.
              Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Originally posted by melon.... View Post
                Myles will make 30-40 tackles each week. He'll shit it in.
                Wearing what number on his back I wonder?
                "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Nate Myles is the man for the job... for interest's sake here are his basic workrate stats the last 3 years at Bondi:

2007 - 48.8 Min per game, 24.5 tackles pg, 9.9 runs for 79.9 metres pg
                  2008 - 48.3 mpg, 21.5 tackes pg, 10.4 runs for 86.2 metres pg
                  2009 - 54.6 mpg, 27.6 tackles pg, 12.5 runs for 95.2 metres pg

So there's a constant rise in his involvement with the ball (plus a significant rise in tackles made from 08 to 09) and that was WITH Craig Fitzgibbon in the lineup 'stealing' all those runs & tackles...

Plus in 2009 he played over 70 minutes in four games - so he's obviously got it in him to play big minutes when he's not being rotated.

Now stats don't tell the whole story sure, in fact they can overrate a player terribly in terms of what he brings to a team. But Myles has a tendency to take the much needed hitup in his own half and get the team to their kick better than most - just something I notice about him - he's not about just running the ball to pad the stats, he makes his runs matter.

Plus he's a beast and the Roosters need a presence in the pack - so he's the man for the job.

It wouldn't shock me to see him replace Dallas Johnson at lock for Queensland either... as if they need room to make that pack bigger as it was.

New to the Chookpen ladies and gents - look forward to keeping track of how you feel about the Roosters 2010 campaign.
                  Last edited by wdnicolson; 02-10-2010, 11:16 PM. Reason: Where's spell check when you need it?
                  Twitter: @NRLTweet
                  'NOT The Footy Show' Podcast on iTunes & Videos on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by wdnicolson View Post
                    New to the Chookpen ladies and gents - look forward to keeping track of how you feel about the Roosters 2010 campaign.
                    Welcome wdn, nice post to start off, quoting stats and all and then covering yourself by saying stats don't the whole story.
                    Let's hope Nate continues the up trend in his involvement.
                    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Nate Myles is the man for the job... for interest's sake here are his basic workrate stats the last 3 years at Bondi:

So there's a constant rise in his involvement with the ball (plus a significant rise in tackles made from 08 to 09) and that was WITH Craig Fitzgibbon in the lineup 'stealing' all those runs & tackles...
                      Plus in 2009 he played over 70 minutes in four games - so he's obviously got it in him to play big minutes when he's not being rotated.

Now stats don't tell the whole story sure, in fact they can overrate a player terribly in terms of what he brings to a team. But Myles has a tendancy to take the much needed hitup in his own half and get the team to their kick better than most - just something I notice about him - he's not about just running the ball to pad the stats, he makes his runs matter.

Plus he's a beast and the Roosters need a presence in the pack - so he's the man for the job.

It wouldn't shock me to see him replace Dallas Johnson at lock for Queensland either... as if they need room to make that pack bigger as it was.

Fitzy didnt steal anything...no one else wanted a bar of it so he had to take them all!

Comment

Originally posted by Greedy666 View Post
                        Fitzy didnt steal anything...no one else wanted a bar of it so he had to take them all!
                        I think that comment was tongue in cheek

Comment

Originally posted by Chookies74 View Post
                          I think that comment was tongue in cheek
                          That it was...

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                            He started off playing in the SG ball season, then went to the NYC (going back to play the odd game for SG Ball). He played 13 games for the NYC and is now training with the first grade squad full time

For a 16yr old kid that is a massive workload... especially once you through in all the school games.

He's actually 18 in June....

Comment

Now stats don't tell the whole story sure, in fact they can overrate a player terribly in terms of what he brings to a team. But Myles has a tendency to take the much needed hitup in his own half and get the team to their kick better than most - just something I notice about him - he's not about just running the ball to pad the stats, he makes his runs matter.

What stood out for me the most was Myle's off ball play. Particularly in defense. I remember a few times where the opposition would make a break from deep in their own half, and Myles would be there to make the final tackle or at least attempt it. The game against Newcastle at the SFS springs to mind. That's the quality of a committed player! The best players are those who are ever present off the ball. Thurston is probably the best in the game in this sense

Comment

Originally posted by Kramer86 View Post
                                What stood out for me the most was Myle's off ball play. Particularly in defense. I remember a few times where the opposition would make a break from deep in their own half, and Myles would be there to make the final tackle or at least attempt it. The game against Newcastle at the SFS springs to mind. That's the quality of a committed player! The best players are those who are ever present off the ball. Thurston is probably the best in the game in this sense
                                Very good point about him being 'there' - doesn't mean you stop everything but you've given yourself a chance - very good sign a player is committed.

Comment

Working...
                                X