Captain Caveman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Caveman

He'll be running out on this week, but for the Tigers. I hope Ryles can live up to the hype (I doubt it huuuugely) but one of the reasons I was dirty when we signed Ryles, The Caveman was also available. He was an injury worry when he came from Parra to us, but ended up being one of the great Easts men from 2002 to 2004 and deserved a second Premiership ring for sure.

Jase Cayless I salute you and even when you run out in a Tigers Jersey to take on my beloved Easts, I will stand and applaude you champion.

Welcome back to the NRL. Shame you arent in an Easts jumper.
    Last edited by melon....; 02-18-2010, 11:51 PM.
    Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Originally posted by melon.... View Post
    He'll be running out on this week, but for the Tigers. I hope Ryles can live up to the hype (I doubt it huuuugely) but one of the reasons I was dirty when we signed Ryles, The Caveman was also available. He was an injury worry when he came from Parra to us, but ended up being one of the great Easts men from 2002 to 2004 and deserved a second Premiership ring for sure.

Jase Cayless I salute you and even when you run out in a Tigers Jersey to take on my beloved Easts, I will stand and applaude you champion.

Welcome back to the NRL. Shame you arent in an Easts jumper.
    I think Ryles will at least match Cayliss, and more than likely out perform him. Cayliss played in a great Roosters pack, but certainly wasnt the standout.

Comment

Tigers signed Tarzan we got Jane !

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Gunn View Post
        Might be Janes turn on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosdaman View Post
          Might be Janes turn on top.
          Ryles isnt playing this week is he?

Comment

Tampon is out injured.

Hopefully the roosters linked number of appearances to Ryles salary.

Comment

Although I think Ryles is a very good NRL player -that's a great call... and now tweeted.
              Twitter: @NRLTweet
              'NOT The Footy Show' Podcast on iTunes & Videos on YouTube.

Comment

The caveman was one of my favourite players during our period at the top as the benchmark team. He was very consistent and I particularly liked how he stepped up when cusack had a long term injury in one year.

But he would be past his best due to injury and being in england for so long now.

Comment

Originally posted by fred68 View Post
                  The caveman was one of my favourite players during our period at the top as the benchmark team. He was very consistent and I particularly liked how he stepped up when cusack had a long term injury in one year.

But he would be past his best due to injury and being in england for so long now.
                  Given our inexperienced Pack, Id take him in a heartbeat. Same with Morley and so would you.

Comment

Originally posted by melon.... View Post
                    Given our inexperienced Pack, Id take him in a heartbeat. Same with Morley and so would you.
                    And Julian Troy too - but they are history.

Comment

I'd take Captain Caveman over Conn & Kouparitsis any day.

NC
                      Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Was it Smith that let Cayless go from Parramatta..???

Comment

Originally posted by Pass the Ball View Post
                          Was it Smith that let Cayless go from Parramatta..???
                          Yeah but to be fair he was a bench player at best for them and they couldn't fit him in

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post
                            I'd take Captain Caveman over Conn & Kouparitsis any day.

NC
                            You give Conn such a hard time without him even pulling on the jersey..

At least let him disappoint you before bagging him..

Comment

Yeah but to be fair he was a bench player at best for them and they couldn't fit him in
                              What I mean is that there is a history between the two..

People seem to think that by buying a good player he will also be the perfect fit..This is obviously not the case....

Let's leave the team dynamics up to Smith...He believes Ryles has a lot to offer Easts and I am going to go along with him until proven otherwise...

Comment

Working...
                              X