Foundation Cup tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lauren View Post
    Thanks for the updates folks; very handy while I was sipping on frozen margaritas on this glorious Sunday evening!
    Sounds like you've had a fabulous afternoon!

Comment

• Great result. Here's hoping it's an omen for a good season to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
        Sounds like you've had a fabulous afternoon!
        No complaints whatsoever.

Comment

• Can't wait for Anasta to come back. Even if its just to find out whether he enhances the halves combo or we end up with too many cooks in the kitchen situation

Comment

• Was cery impressed by everyone, particularly pearce who seemed to partner well with carney.

Who was the big lad in the wing outside of Graham? Looked a good prospect

Comment

• Originally posted by adamkungl View Post
              very good first hit out. No complaints about anyone, and very impressed with Carney, Pearce, Maubs, and SKD. Jaubs looked sharp too imo.

Tigers were rubbish, lucky to get either try. Not sure why Perrett went for the centre when they were all marked up for Tigers first try, very poor read.
              I really hope SKD goes well in the centres, I have great hopes for him.... the kid has just turned 22 and at 100kgs i think he could be anything.

Comment

• Relo bumped into Gus after the match, Gus stated "He liked what he saw."

Comment

• from what i saw in a photo, were there some seats missing at the sfs tonight?

Comment

• Originally posted by roosterfan16 View Post
                    from what i saw in a photo, were there some seats missing at the sfs tonight?
                    methinks this is in preparation for a concern stage
                    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

• Originally posted by Danish View Post
                      Was cery impressed by everyone, particularly pearce who seemed to partner well with carney.

I think it was Linnett, #14 ?
                      The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                      Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Danish View Post
                        Was cery impressed by everyone, particularly pearce who seemed to partner well with carney.

Cheyse Blair? He is going to a be fine footballer. He is only aged 18

Comment

• Linnet was on left wing for first half.
                          Cheyse Blair is the big bloke who took the left wing in the 2nd half.
                          Linnet is slighter build than Cheyse B.
                          Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                            I think it was Linnett, #14 ?
                            Yes it was Linnett #14 who started the game outside Graham who was #3 and SKD was #4 with Perrett as #5
                            Mini in #2 played most of the second half at FB
                            Spanner gone and never forgotten

Comment

• Yeah it was linnet I am talkig about. Showed great nerves in defence (didn't cone off his wing), great pace when he chased down half breaks, and great hands defusing a cross field kick late in the 1st half.

Looks the goods. Hopefully it carries over into the season proper

Comment

• Pretty promising signs - we usually win this one, but this time we actually WANTED it. There was a hunger there that I didn't see once last season.

Pearce and Carney were outstanding - Carney's passing game is deadset brilliant. Pearce picked his moments perfectly, and Carney looked fine at fullback, covered Marshall's break well, although it wasn't too difficult.

Mitchell Aubusson is an unsung hero - the guy is a defensive rock, he just doesn't miss tackles. Big performance from him, and his brother went alright as well - a great big spear-tackle-try-saver 2 metres out, great stuff. These two, if they perform, should be regulars in 2010.

Myles was good, got a lot of work done, and Cherrington ran hard all day. He looks like he really wants it - something you can tell from little things players do. After he dropped a ball, he didn't drop his head - but played the whistle, scrambled after it, and dived on it. It's little stuff like this that shows a players attitude. I was impressed with him.

Phil Graham was very quiet, didn't do anything really, while Kenny-Dowall had a solid game, almost no errors, something I'd never thought I'd see. He handled the defensive capabilities pretty well, has bulked up, and ran hard and straight. He's got a good ability to get an arm free as well. Perrett was OK, but made a shocking read to let Brown in, in the first half. Should not have come off his wing, terrible option. Minichiello was great, in that he looked for the ball, took the hits, showed athleticism, and got involved. Fingers crossed he'll go alright this year.

Martin Kennedy was not great - gave away a few stupid penalties niggling in the ruck. Brad Taikarangi was enthusiastic, but poor hands let him down. 17, Isaac Maliota is a big kid, and ran hard. Didn't see much of Conn. Linnett was solid on one wing, Blair was decent, as was Olireti Samuela, who through a couple of shockers, but otherwise gave good service from dummy half. Didn't see Leilua at all, unfortunately. Not sure how he played.

All in all, we never looked like losing. We ran hard, tackled hard and played hard. Our goal line defence was good, our attack was better, and we played like we wanted it.

This means little, we win the Foundation Cup every year. But the signs are good.

Comment

Working...
                                X