Foundation Cup tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fred68 View Post
    myles and skd - my two least favourite players - actually did well.

My daughter had her 8th birthday yesterday. i baked her some cup cakes. i thought of baking you some pie as well. You know its coming.
    Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

• My take on the game

We were very good for the first 30 minutes showed plenty of committment accross the park, forwards set a good platform and the halves steered the ship around well.

Points that came out of the game

- Carney was brilliant and if he keeps his head right will be our best signing since Freddy
      - Both Lopini and FPN looked very fit
      - Mini looked very enthusiastic and whilst his best days are past the Pinball wizard looks to be in for a bug year
      - Pearce seemed to have more confidence and was very impressive
      - Jones will be our utility can and will slot in to any position
      - Maubs really impressed me he will be a big weapon in attack and defense this year
      - SKD really looked switched on, didn't have that too cool for school look that he normally has.

I thought all the kids that came on in the second half showed they can play the game. Maliota looked keen to be involved, Blair and BJ showed enough.

The negatives

- Jury is still out on jaubs, didn't impress
      - Cherro is still lazy, showed what he could do early then switched off.

Overall a good run but the last 20 was scrappy with plenty of errors that when playing for comp points will come back to hurt.

I also thought the Tigers were never really in the game weather they had much focus on winning is also questionable. All in all we performed better than I had expected

Comment

• Originally posted by melon.... View Post
        My daughter had her 8th birthday yesterday. i baked her some cup cakes. i thought of baking you some pie as well. You know its coming.
        I prefer chocolate cake.

Comment

• Jaubs did exactly as we had hoped he'd do. He was hitting them like a brick in defence and notching up his tacle tally. His service aside from a few strays was also improved.

He has to be the starting hooker.

I don't see what people saw in SKD. He always escapes any harsh criticism. His pairing with Perret looks like a recipe for disaster. Every time the opp went to their side, I got nervous. When the young pairing got on, that feeling dissapeared.

The bloke had an average game at best. I would still put him on the wing and get a strong and fast centre before him.

Graham is also a winger. Tries will flow on his side once the opposition start to send big boys his way.

I just can't wait for that rd1 squad announcement.

Comment

• Also re: the Tigers commitment, they fielded a near full strength squad. I'm sure they didn't have the intention of coming out to lose the game. I just think they underestimated us and our energy. Only a few players tried to match it and they definately weren't in the forward pack.
            Even Big Galloway was getting regularly snapped by the Aubbo boys.

Tim Sheens didn't look to impressed with his boys. No team wants to start their season on a losing note.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigMike View Post
              Jaubs did exactly as we had hoped he'd do. He was hitting them like a brick in defence and notching up his tacle tally. His service aside from a few strays was also improved.

He has to be the starting hooker.

I don't see what people saw in SKD. He always escapes any harsh criticism. His pairing with Perret looks like a recipe for disaster. Every time the opp went to their side, I got nervous. When the young pairing got on, that feeling dissapeared.

The bloke had an average game at best. I would still put him on the wing and get a strong and fast centre before him.

Graham is also a winger. Tries will flow on his side once the opposition start to send big boys his way.

I just can't wait for that rd1 squad announcement.
              I don't see how you getting nervous is any indication of how they went. SKD played well, Perrett made one terrible defensive read. What exactly were you expecting from SKD? Give the bloke a chance.

Comment

• When Perret rushed in, it's Skd job to slide.

The bloke was flat footed in defence all game.

He's had more lives than a cat. The bloke did not have a good game.

Comment

• I thought the hooker in the 20's looked very good. He could be the answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster Cogburn View Post
                    I thought the hooker in the 20's looked very good. He could be the answer.
                    Rhys Lenarduzzi. He, and other forwards Jake Grace & Nick Ehsman were my pick. In the backs, fullback Mark Kheirallah was outstanding. Showed a stack of pace to score two beauties and should have scored another.
                    BTW, our U20's team that played last night was without about eight top players who were either rested or played against Balmain-Ryde Eastwood on Sat night.
                    According to one of the assistant coaches he told me he has been impressed with Ryan Williamson's last couple of performances.

Comment

• It was interesting to see the team out on the field during the halftime break, getting their instructions from smith and the rest of the coaching staff. Smith spent plenty of times talking to the group of carney, pearce, jones, mini etc. Smith has certainly employed a stack of coaching staff to help him and they were all doing their bit talking to certain players individually.

What a stark contrast to seeing our sheds on fox coverage last year during halftime of games, seeing freddy in the corner eating muffins and basically not doing much.

Comment

When Perret rushed in, it's Skd job to slide.

Perrett should never had rushed in, they were marked up man to man and if Perrett stays on his wing the Tigers probably would have been tackled into touch or something.

Comment

Perrett should not have rushed in.. that was the issue.. He did not trust his inside man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                            Perrett should not have rushed in.. that was the issue.. He did not trust his inside man.
                            When his inside man is SKD who could blame him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

Point being, outside man rushes in, inside man slides across.

Perret butchered and SKD just watched.

Maybe I am too harsh on the bloke, however at this point in time I would rather rush in a youngster. One with speed and power at that.

Comment

Yes I quite agree if he knows it is going to happen and on this occasion he had his opposite lined up and Perrett came out of the line like a shot leaving an overlap and SKD planted for his tackle and no time to slide. Even the best would have struggled in that situation to do anything. Give the guy a break and let him implode on his own or at least allow Brian Smith time to make his own decisions
                                Spanner gone and never forgotten

Comment

Working...
                                X