Its a must

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its a must

After seeing Pearce and Carney combine for 10 minutes or so of the second half they must be teamed up -they were lethal and if they had of played another 30 together we wouldve won by 50
    Smart coaching by Smithy yesterday, threw Carney into half for half an hour so Carney can familiarise with the players etc.
    Only a trial I know but it was better than the last previous trials as this one had real promise and not false hope.

The only thing that worries me is we are going to win more foundation cups than premierships!

For JT how about Sean Kenny Legend?
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Brain,
    I also think a benefit of Carney at half is that it keeps pressure on Pearse to perform.
    Keeps them honest. Good coaching.

Mate, I'm still stoked about their fitness and commitment.
    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Do you guys think Smith will name Carney at 5 8 for this weekends trial? Or start him at Fullback and change again at half time?

EDIT: Does anyone know when that team name is announced?

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
        Brain,
        I also think a benefit of Carney at half is that it keeps pressure on Pearse to perform.
        Keeps them honest. Good coaching.

Mate, I'm still stoked about their fitness and commitment.
        The only way Tod will be playing halfback is if Pearce gets injured.
        The heat is firmly on Braith to hold onto his 5/8 spot now.

Comment

If we want to make the semi's and have a crack at the title it is a must to play these 2 in the halves...Pearce's game will only improve watching the slick Carney playing in the halves...if Smith persists with him at fullback we lose his natural talent playing in the halves and also lose out on the Count sniffing out a hole running off him...

I can see Carney being perfect for giving Mini the ball at the right time on his runs...

Anasta to lock...

If you want to win a comp sometime soon Brian listen to me...

Comment

Originally posted by spanner View Post
            The only way Tod will be playing halfback is if Pearce gets injured.
            The heat is firmly on Braith to hold onto his 5/8 spot now.

Agree with you, Todd will eventually be 5/8. Mini will eventually be FB and Pearse will be 1/2.
            But any good team needs some pressure maintained from the reserves. Last year this was not the case. If by Smith playing Todd at 1/2 sends a subliminal message, I'm all for it.

Comment

Pearce was very bloody good yesterday
              Dontake away anything from Smithy he has always had a great track record for coaching halves gets the best out of them.
              Im not gonna judge pearce on a trial but he would be a juicy DallM odds if he keeps it consistant.

Peacrsworstnightmare how do you plead champ?
              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                Do you guys think Smith will name Carney at 5 8 for this weekends trial? Or start him at Fullback and change again at half time?

EDIT: Does anyone know when that team name is announced?
                Smith will name Carney at 5/8 from round 1 and for the season.
                Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Originally posted by melon.... View Post
                  Smith will name Carney at 5/8 from round 1 and for the season.
                  And how do you know that

Comment

Originally posted by Geohood View Post
                    And how do you know that
                    the experiment will end with the trials - sanity will prevail.
                    Mini looked like he has regained his speed, confidence and his core strength. This should not be a discussion, come Round 1

Comment

Brian Smith on BSB this morning...

1) They asked him about the Carney experiment. He seemed annoyed. He said its no experiment, we're playing Carney at fullback unless something goes drastically wrong. He was said there trying to get rid of 18months of rust from him during the trials.

2) They asked him who outside of Pearce and Carney Impressed him or stood out?
                      He said James Aubburson has been more a utility player over the years but is now knuckling down and making the hooker position his own. He was happy with his performance. He then mentioned Kouparitsas and stated that Koups played in a trial on Saturday night with most of our 19 year olds against the tigers reserves and had a great game and scored a try. He stated that he wanted Jaubs and Koups to play close to 80 mins and he said Koups unfortunately drew the short straw this week. This confirmed a couple of things that my source told me over a month ago a) That Koups is a smith favourite b) That he has definitely trimmed down and is quicker and c) he will most definitely be in the 17.

Comment

1) They asked him about the Carney experiment. He seemed annoyed. He said its no experiment, we're playing Carney at fullback unless something goes drastically wrong. He was said there trying to get rid of 18months of rust from him during the trials.
                        I hope he's trying to confuse Souths by bluffing or something.. I think everyone here and in the media, who watched or reported the game, thinks Carney should play 5 8.

Comment

2) They asked him who outside of Pearce and Carney Impressed him or stood out?
                          He said James Aubburson has been more a utility player over the years but is now knuckling down and making the hooker position his own. He was happy with his performance. He then mentioned Kouparitsas and stated that Koups played in a trial on Saturday night with most of our 19 year olds against the tigers reserves and had a great game and scored a try. He stated that he wanted Jaubs and Koups to play close to 80 mins and he said Koups unfortunately drew the short straw this week. This confirmed a couple of things that my source told me over a month ago a) That Koups is a smith favourite b) That he has definitely trimmed down and is quicker and c) he will most definitely be in the 17.
                          1. ****, no!
                          2. Koups, ****, no! what about Jones as backup????

I only hope you are right Chris and Smith is foxing

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                            I hope he's trying to confuse Souths by bluffing or something.. I think everyone here and in the media, who watched or reported the game, thinks Carney should play 5 8.
                            I do as well Chris,but it leaves Anasta at Henson Park.
                            Smith obviously wants Braith in the team,but he knows lock is not his position.

Comment

I do as well Chris,but it leaves Anasta at Henson Park.
                              Smith obviously wants Braith in the team,but he knows lock is not his position.
                              I think Smith has a difficult decision to make, Anasta is our second most senior player, behind Mini, with rep honours, and has been captain.....I think Smith is hoping the experiment with Carney at FB works out, because if he plays 5/8th I cant see Anasta in the team.....unless he changes himself into another Toupou and playes from lock.

Comment

Working...
                              X