Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
    Pearce was very bloody good yesterday
    Dontake away anything from Smithy he has always had a great track record for coaching halves gets the best out of them.
    Im not gonna judge pearce on a trial but he would be a juicy DallM odds if he keeps it consistant.

Peacrsworstnightmare how do you plead champ?
    Unfortunately wasnt at the game but have been given many good reports, my problem with Pearce all along has been his off field demeanour severly affecting his on field play, if he has truly given up the binge drinking and the arrogant attitude great.

As i keep saying, the kid can play, he hasnt been coached for nigh on 2 years and has been put up on this bloody high pedastal, by most.

Carney is the key signing, he will take a hell of alot of pressure off pearce because he has that brilliance, the x factor that only rare players have.

Good on JNr JNR, hopefully it continues, anything that takes this club forward is fine by me.

Once again i will say TODD CARNEY will be the greatest signing in this clubs history, that how good he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      I hope he's trying to confuse Souths by bluffing or something.. I think everyone here and in the media, who watched or reported the game, thinks Carney should play 5 8.
      The mind games for round 1 has begun, Smithy will have Souffs guessing each week right up to the side that runs out in Wk1

Comment

Originally posted by pearcesworstnightmare View Post
        Unfortunately wasnt at the game but have been given many good reports, my problem with Pearce all along has been his off field demeanour severly affecting his on field play, if he has truly given up the binge drinking and the arrogant attitude great.

As i keep saying, the kid can play, he hasnt been coached for nigh on 2 years and has been put up on this bloody high pedastal, by most.

Carney is the key signing, he will take a hell of alot of pressure off pearce because he has that brilliance, the x factor that only rare players have.

Good on JNr JNR, hopefully it continues, anything that takes this club forward is fine by me.

Once again i will say TODD CARNEY will be the greatest signing in this clubs history, that how good he is.
        LOL and your worried about Pearce
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Thats a HUGE call......remember JACK GIBSON as coach, and BEETSON, COOTE, and FITTLER......I know Carney is a great player, and I think he is gonna be a great inspiration to Pearce, and the rest of the team...I hope you are right, I saw him in an interview today, talking about turning his life around, and wantimg to be an inspiration to others.......there is definitly potential for greatness there.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
            LOL and your worried about Pearce
            One guy has had countless chances and seems like he has countless more

The other guy is on his final warning

Im more worried about the untouchable one

Comment

Originally posted by Roosdaman View Post
              Thats a HUGE call......remember JACK GIBSON as coach, and BEETSON, COOTE, and FITTLER......I know Carney is a great player, and I think he is gonna be a great inspiration to Pearce, and the rest of the team...I hope you are right, I saw him in an interview today, talking about turning his life around, and wantimg to be an inspiration to others.......there is definitly potential for greatness there.
              There greatness is not just his ability as a player, but where he fits into this side and what he will mean to this team, he is a match winner, we have lacked this since Freddies hey day.

Comment

There greatness is not just his ability as a player, but where he fits into this side and what he will mean to this team, he is a match winner, we have lacked this since Freddies hey day.
                Man I wish i lived in Sydney this year.......I just have to stay here and thank God for Foxtel and Samsung....although sometimes I wanna rip warren Smiths head off....that prick SCREAMS too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosdaman View Post
                  Man I wish i lived in Sydney this year.......I just have to stay here and thank God for Foxtel and Samsung....although sometimes I wanna rip warren Smiths head off....that prick SCREAMS too much.
                  Dont be so negative.
                  Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

No one has any confidence in Anasta, our best non-Fitzy player for the last 2-3 years? I expect you will be proven wrong.

Comment

Back to Carney, he could potentially be our best signing since Freddy. Seeing him play at the sfs brought back some painful memories of a few years ago.

On a sunny Canberra afternoon, and after a 3 hour drive down to the capital in 2008, apart from losing the game, what I remember most of all was that Carney carved us up easily. He played halfback and was a standout. Made our side look second-rate. During the long drive back home to Sydney, which made the trip seem even longer after a shit display by our team, I was thinking how good would it be if he played for the mighty roosters....

Later that night he pissed on someone in a nightclub. Ended up getting sacked by the raiders. Point was, that he had a blinder against us then gets sacked, why could he have not done that a week earlier!

So if he stays off the booze, and I know it is early days, he could become and outstanding addition to the mighty roosters. And with coach Smith being not one to put up with off-field player crap, Carney can go from hero to zero very quickly. And if all goes well, it will put pressure on jr jr, as he can play halfback as good as 5/8.

Just glad he is playing with us, rather than against us.

Crikey.

Comment

Originally posted by crikey chris View Post
                        So if he stays off the booze, and I know it is early days, he could become and outstanding addition to the mighty roosters. And with coach Smith being not one to put up with off-field player crap, Carney can go from hero to zero very quickly. And if all goes well, it will put pressure on jr jr, as he can play halfback as good as 5/8.

Just glad he is playing with us, rather than against us.

Crikey.
                        If he stays off the booze, he'll replace Lockyer as Australia's 5/8 I reckon. Even if he does play Fullback, I can still see him getting selected for NSW 5/8 this year.

Comment

Originally posted by melon.... View Post
                          Dont be so negative.
                          Had a good ol chuckle at that..it tickled me no end
                          Last edited by Greedy666; 02-23-2010, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by adamkungl View Post
                            No one has any confidence in Anasta, our best non-Fitzy player for the last 2-3 years? I expect you will be proven wrong.
                            I don't think it's about having confidence in Braith, it's about who is the better halves player......and whilst I love Braith and all it's Carney. I was a big fan of Brian trying Carney out at 1 but if the reports are true of him being hammered on kick returns and struggling in positional play.........then we must go with Mini or Pez back there who are two top notch kick returners and our best 1 on 1 tackle busting backs at the club. The thought of Carney and Pearce running the Souffs pack around late in each half with Mini running off of them really has my mouth watering..........bite the bullet Brian.

Comment

6 Carney
                              7 Pearce
                              13 Anasta

With Myles and Maubs at 2nd row and Mini/Pez at fullback, that will be our best structure for our side.

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
                              To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
                              At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
                              Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
                              The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Originally posted by adamkungl View Post
                                You will never see me bag Anasta, a better person off the field in footy i havent met, on the field a great leader who never shuns the task, everyone knows my thoughts, anasta / carney halves, Pearce to hooker, that just aint going to happen, Carney has to be 5/8,

Anasta at lock will still keep him around the edge of the ruck and he will shine again.

Comment

Working...
                                X