One Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roosdaman View Post
    Hey Stumpy, Mate Im happy to have a debate on anything about footy, and I appreciate your attitude, its all in fun really, and I respect your right to have a different opinion to me, but I think i pointed out where stats may sometimes tell only part of the story.....if Lockyer was so bad in 2009, how come Queensland had him as captain and won the S.O.O, and I think he also captained the Aussies to a few good wins...... hes a real champion mate, and I would have him in my team anyday, and everyday. Hes the type of guy who makes you proud to be a supporter.
    Fair enough mate. Good reply. We can agree to disagree.

Comment

Roosdaman, surely to God, if given the chance to pick one player from another club you'd have at the Roosters, you can't possibly, in 2010, be suggesting Lockyer is the guy to take??

If you are, I'd suggest you abandon your plans to start betting on League

Comment

Originally posted by Tries Off Kicks View Post
        Roosdaman, surely to God, if given the chance to pick one player from another club you'd have at the Roosters, you can't possibly, in 2010, be suggesting Lockyer is the guy to take??

Have to agree here TOK. I would not have picked locyer for the last 3 years. The bloke is a legend in QLD, and has been carried by the Broncs and QLD for years.

No doubt Roosterman that he is a great of QLD and the game in general. To say he is a gentleman is another thing I question.

Comment

Actually i said i would take Cam Smith, but I mentioned that my first thought was Lockyer, If you go back and check the post youll see exactly what I said. But you are right...... I have no claim to be a smart punter, just do it for an interest, in fact i dont think Lockyer will make it through the season, but thats because the guy is all heart, I let my heart rule my head too much to be a smart punter, but when I do happen to win its so much sweeter that way.

Comment

Hey TOK, talking of punting, Just got a question for you....

I had $50 on us to win at $2.15, so the win would be $57.50,

and $25 on us to win 1 to 12 at $3.50, so the win would be $62.50,

so i win a total of $120 if we win by 1 to 12.

Should I cover it with $10 on the 13+ at $5 to win $40?

That means if we win by any margin I win a min of $72.50 or a max of $110.

Because at the moment if we win by 13 plus I only win $32.50.

If I had the same total amount on straight out at $2.15 I would win $97.75.

When I look at it now I guess I should have done that, but as I said, I am no punter.

Any advice would be appreciated, when you stop larfing.

Comment

x
              Hey TOK, talking of punting, Just got a question for you....

I had $50 on us to win at $2.15, so the win would be $57.50,

and $25 on us to win 1 to 12 at $3.50, so the win would be $62.50,

so i win a total of $120 if we win by 1 to 12.

Should I cover it with $10 on the 13+ at $5 to win $40?

That means if we win by any margin I win a min of $72.50 or a max of $110.

Because at the moment if we win by 13 plus I only win $32.50.

If I had the same total amount on straight out at $2.15 I would win $97.75.

When I look at it now I guess I should have done that, but as I said, I am no punter.

Any advice would be appreciated, when you stop larfing.
              You're right in that you should have just backed then head to head to start with

bear in mind that margin bets of 1-12 or 13+ are losing bets if it's a draw after 80 minutes, even if they win by that margin in extra time. result is based on 80 minutes, as there is an option to back a draw

head to head does include extra time, and if it's still a draw after extra time you get half the face value of your ticket

don't have a calculator handy but I'd guess that you should have something more 13+

Comment

x

You're right in that you should have just backed then head to head to start with

bear in mind that margin bets of 1-12 or 13+ are losing bets if it's a draw after 80 minutes, even if they win by that margin in extra time. result is based on 80 minutes, as there is an option to back a draw

head to head does include extra time, and if it's still a draw after extra time you get half the face value of your ticket

don't have a calculator handy but I'd guess that you should have something more 13+
                Thanks TOK, as a novice punter i guess we can get carried away with the odds offered to go for the 1 to 12 or 13 plus, think ill stick to head to head from now on, or take the start if its on offer, Cheers anway, and thanks again.

Comment

People still reckon Lawrence should be playing centre for NSW?

His defence is so poor it's not even funny... give me Phil Graham any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                    People still reckon Lawrence should be playing centre for NSW?

His defence is so poor it's not even funny... give me Phil Graham any day of the week.
                    Graham certainly looked the goods yesterday. I think our attack will make quite a few centres look average this year, dont you love the SPEED and CONFIDENCE Carney injects into our team? Its infectious !

Comment

Graham certainly looked the goods yesterday. I think our attack will make quite a few centres look average this year, dont you love the SPEED and CONFIDENCE Carney injects into our team? Its infectious !
                      Your all deluded....Three words my friends............Kevin"Horrie"Hastings.

Comment

Working...
                      X