Welcome to RL 2010 style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to RL 2010 style

I'd be lying if I'd said wasn't dissapointed. I knew we'd lose after 5 minutes. The enthusiasm was gone. Canterbury wanted it more. Oue F&A is up the creek again. But this is how Gallop and co want it, every week a different scenario, hell, we might put 60 on the Broncos next week, who knows. Personally I prefer the old style of footy, at least you know where you stood.
    BTW Ben Jones is not up to 1st grade standard. If he shows no improvement the club should get someone decent.

be dissapointed but he is not the blame 4 a team that got out played

Comment

Originally posted by mick View Post
      be dissapointed but he is not the blame 4 a team that got out played
      I knew we were in trouble when I saw that Jones was in the centres. You are right, it's not all his fault but he's an ordinary player. We deperately need a strike centre who can tackle, even Stevie Wonder could see that.

Comment

Good call with Jones, has shown nothing in his time in FG.

not sure where his best position is, but he hasnt offered much wherever hes been tried.
        FONK

Comment

Jones isn't hopeless. He can hit a hole better than any other centre we have at the club yet he isn't a three-quarter at all.

Unfortunately for him he's too small for centre, not creative enough for the halves and is not a dummy half.

So yes RC, he's not good enough.

But, what does this say about the other three-quarters.

When we did hold the ball for more than 2 tackles we actually threatened out wide.

Minichiello is finished. Hasn't busted a tackle since 2005 and has lost lots of pace. The game is beyond him now.

But as RC said, we'll probably beat the Broncos because they are worse.
          Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster Cogburn View Post
            I'd be lying if I'd said wasn't dissapointed. I knew we'd lose after 5 minutes. The enthusiasm was gone. Canterbury wanted it more. Oue F&A is up the creek again. But this is how Gallop and co want it, every week a different scenario, hell, we might put 60 on the Broncos next week, who knows. Personally I prefer the old style of footy, at least you know where you stood.
            BTW Ben Jones is not up to 1st grade standard. If he shows no improvement the club should get someone decent.
            The bloke is playing out of position against a giant, scores a farking brilliant try and you think he deserves special mention because of the loss? you are kidding. His try was the only good thing to come out of the game for the chooks.

Comment

Originally posted by simmmo View Post
              The bloke is playing out of position against a giant, scores a farking brilliant try and you think he deserves special mention because of the loss? you are kidding. His try was the only good thing to come out of the game for the chooks.
              Who are you, his brother or something?

Comment

That's a massive call considering we haven't beat them since 2002. I'll be happy if we get within 20 points of them. Lockyer will carve us like he always does.
                Last edited by Rocky Rhodes; 03-28-2010, 08:47 PM.
                Who said 13 was an unlucky number? 13th Premiership in yr 13 on our 100th anniversary of our 1913 premiership.

Comment

Big scores and momentum is the way the game is being run at the moment.

There is no excuse to give up 60 - EVER.

Having said that, until Gallop and Finch get their head out of their arses, these stupid big scores, momentum swings etc will continue and Rugby League fans will keep tearing their hair out.

(oh, and we super-sucked today)

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post
                    Lockyer will curve us like he always does.
                    Not according to the experts on here that claim he is one of the most overrated players of all time.

He may not be the player he was but I can remember him slicing us to shreds on many occasions.
                    Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

No Falou no broncos

Comment

You weak old bastard, at least I waited till it was 10-0 before turning it off.

When Turner was allowed to get up after being tackled (his arm carrying the ball clearly on the ground) and Morris was awarded the resulting try, I knew that's it we were farked!

That and the fact we were legless after 8 mins. 3 weeks of heat took its toll.

Chook.

Comment

News LTD won't allow that.

Comment

Working...
                          X