Attempted 40-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attempted 40-20

The second half starts and we give it a real crack scoring two back to back tries. Suddenly there is hope.

Then there is an attempted 40-20 that fails. This was on tackle 2. Suddenly the momentum shifts and we are on the defensive again. A few plays later and the dogs score.

To me that 40-20 was bloody stupid because we bled points in the first half which saw a 60-40 possession split to the dogs. Finally we can turn it around and mount pressure after 2 solid tries, but instead hand the ball back.

The 40-20 could have come off, but it didnt. To me that kick was a real turning point. Anyway, that's how I saw it.

our two tries in the second half came off the back of penalties that got us out of our half and into the dogs half.

When we get a role on, we can score, there is no doubting that.

the 40/20, yeah on the 2nd you could see it as desparation move, again though, if it comes off, we are in their 20 and rolling over their try line.

That oval ball does funny things.

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
    To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
    At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
    Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
    The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Originally posted by supermario View Post
      our two tries in the second half came off the back of penalties that got us out of our half and into the dogs half.

When we get a role on, we can score, there is no doubting that.

the 40/20, yeah on the 2nd you could see it as desparation move, again though, if it comes off, we are in their 20 and rolling over their try line.

That oval ball does funny things.
      Yup. Might have been a different scoreline but for the bounce of the ball today. Even Warren Ryan (a noted Roosters hater) admitted that.

Comment

Wrong decision, but he's only 20 and will be our half for a long time to come

Comment

Originally posted by Super Chook View Post
          The second half starts and we give it a real crack scoring two back to back tries. Suddenly there is hope.

Then there is an attempted 40-20 that fails. This was on tackle 2. Suddenly the momentum shifts and we are on the defensive again. A few plays later and the dogs score.

To me that 40-20 was bloody stupid because we bled points in the first half which saw a 60-40 possession split to the dogs. Finally we can turn it around and mount pressure after 2 solid tries, but instead hand the ball back.

The 40-20 could have come off, but it didnt. To me that kick was a real turning point. Anyway, that's how I saw it.
          Never mind the 2nd tackle, after seeing your av im impressed with your wedding tackle!!

Comment

He was trying something, give him credit for that, if it had come off we may have scored again, and that could have been a mojor turning point, in OUR favour. Pushed passes, and playing catch up footy was our downfall, it was a nightmare, but its not the end of the world, remember back in 2002, about round 15, we got absolutely flogged by Melbourne in a similar way, the next week we started a run of 11 wins by beating the warriors 42 to ZIP as i remember. We will get over this, its a reality check, but we are seriously lacking in the front row, something needs to be done there, Hopefully JWH will make a difference, but we need another prop who can tackle urgently.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosdaman View Post
              He was trying something, give him credit for that, if it had come off we may have scored again, and that could have been a mojor turning point, in OUR favour.
              This season in three rounds its blindingly obvious that even more than previously, entire games turn on possession, possession and possession. So if you are behind the eight-ball so obviously bad as we were the only thing to do is run hard for five tackles then get to your kick and try to get the ball into the in-goal or at least down into the opposition corner. Kicking on the 2nd is not a smart play.

It's a terrible loss but I am not slitting my wrists just yet. Lets see if it's just a once-off dismal performance caused by the combination of two consecutive games in the heat and letting all the good press go to their collective heads. I am interested to see what happens Friday because the Broncos also got belted today by the Warriors (not quite to our level of belting though). I reckons the Broncos are in serious trouble but that will mean they will fire up on Friday so we better be ready for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosdaman View Post
                He was trying something, give him credit for that, if it had come off we may have scored again, and that could have been a mojor turning point, in OUR favour. Pushed passes, and playing catch up footy was our downfall, it was a nightmare, but its not the end of the world, remember back in 2002, about round 15, we got absolutely flogged by Melbourne in a similar way, the next week we started a run of 11 wins by beating the warriors 42 to ZIP as i remember. We will get over this, its a reality check, but we are seriously lacking in the front row, something needs to be done there, Hopefully JWH will make a difference, but we need another prop who can tackle urgently.

Actually Roosdaman we lost another 2 matches to Canterbury and Cronulla following the Melbourne debacle in 2002 and our 1st win in the winning straek was against Broncos not Warriors
                We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Originally posted by Adolf Fittler View Post
                  Never mind the 2nd tackle, after seeing your av im impressed with your wedding tackle!!
                  Sorry to disappoint but I Photoshoped that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Chook View Post
                    Sorry to disappoint but I Photoshoped that as well.
                    I cant take a trick today.....must be the heat!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
                      Actually Roosdaman we lost another 2 matches to Canterbury and Cronulla following the Melbourne debacle in 2002 and our 1st win in the winning straek was against Broncos not Warriors
                      Yeah, sorry about that......my memories playing tricks on me. you are right, but I hope we can realise that somedays nothing goes right, its not the end of the world, today was a bad one, but if we can learn something from it, life goes on.

Comment

Working...
                      X