Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
    • he couldn't crack the 'dogs FG side last year

I think he is a great reserve grader but not quite good enough for FG based on what I've seen and what some of the other teams' number 14s provide.
    He couldn't get a run in fg cos kev moore wouldn't give him a run... instead he played the "dynamic" gary warburton ahead of koups. How about I do you a deal? Roosters take Warburton and Dogs take Koups. I know who i'd rather have. Koups was a regular fg player under folkes and performed very well. He wasn't given a chance by moore because he was seen as part of the old guard. I.e. Very good mates with Willie and Reni. In short, he'll prolly reach his potential at the roosters. Smith seems to get the best out of guys like koups. (i also note that Joey Johns had Koups in his Roosters starting 13 in his season preview). But I agree that Koups isn't a hooker. Smith has got to get the combinations right. Koups to back row, Carney to 5/8.

Comment

Originally posted by simmmo View Post
      He couldn't get a run in fg cos kev moore wouldn't give him a run... instead he played the "dynamic" gary warburton ahead of koups. How about I do you a deal? Roosters take Warburton and Dogs take Koups. I know who i'd rather have. Koups was a regular fg player under folkes and performed very well. He wasn't given a chance by moore because he was seen as part of the old guard. I.e. Very good mates with Willie and Reni. In short, he'll prolly reach his potential at the roosters. Smith seems to get the best out of guys like koups. (i also note that Joey Johns had Koups in his Roosters starting 13 in his season preview). But I agree that Koups isn't a hooker. Smith has got to get the combinations right. Koups to back row, Carney to 5/8.
      Much better reply than telling me to get stuffed. Interesting, well reasoned and plausible.

Now, you are either Koups himself, Koups' mother or Brian Smith - which is it?
      "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
      X