The shopping list.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The shopping list.

Well we have already noted that the recruitment policy of Brian Smith and Peter O'Sullivan this season is definitely a refreshing change to previous seasons. Apart from Carney, we have made no other big name signings, and our bargain barrel signings like Conn, Guerra, Graham, Kouparitsas, Takairangi have all shown value for money.

However, we have many players off-contract at the end of this season, including:

James Aubusson
    Nick Kouparitsas
    Lopini Paea
    Sonny Tuigamala
    Martin Kennedy
    Mose Masoe

The players contracted until the end of NEXT season are Braith Anasta, Mitchell Aubusson, Tom Symonds, Daniel Conn, Phil Graham, Aiden Guerra, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Jason Ryles, Steve Naughton and FP Nuuausala.

The players contracted until 2012 and beyond, who the coach and club clearly has very high regard for, are Anthony Cherrington, Ben Jones, Mitchell Pearce, Todd Carney, Nate Myles, Sam Perrett and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.

I have no idea about Liam Foran, Jonathon Ford, Jason Baitieri, Tinirau Arona, Brad Takairangi, Kane Linnett or Luke Towers.

Who do you think we should be looking at for next season? Hookers? Outside backs? Props? Backrowers?

Who do you think is under pressure to retain their spots? And who do you think has confirmed their spot permanently?

i can see jake friend coming back in on a smallish contract, of course we need a few good strong props to keep him up, some more speed to replace skd and perhaps some utility second rowers?

Comment

We need

Lima (prop)
      Jake Friend (hooker)
      Backrower?

And we`re fine,anything else is a bonus..

Comment

As much as i am not impressed by him, i think we should take a punt on Kennedy. With his frame, he could turn out to be quite the prop.

I am all up for bringing Tamou back. He would be cheap, and plays hard. Still only 21-22 years old.

Comment

I agree that Kennedy is a must,he has a massive future..
          I just think that a player like Lima would give us another experienced prop next to Ryles,to help the others on the field!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mack View Post
            Well we have already noted that the recruitment policy of Brian Smith and Peter O'Sullivan this season is definitely a refreshing change to previous seasons. Apart from Carney, we have made no other big name signings, and our bargain barrel signings like Conn, Guerra, Graham, Kouparitsas, Takairangi have all shown value for money.

However, we have many players off-contract at the end of this season, including:

James Aubusson
            Nick Kouparitsas
            Lopini Paea
            Sonny Tuigamala
            Martin Kennedy
            Mose Masoe

The players contracted until the end of NEXT season are Braith Anasta, Mitchell Aubusson, Tom Symonds, Daniel Conn, Phil Graham, Aiden Guerra, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Jason Ryles, Steve Naughton and FP Nuuausala.

The players contracted until 2012 and beyond, who the coach and club clearly has very high regard for, are Anthony Cherrington, Ben Jones, Mitchell Pearce, Todd Carney, Nate Myles, Sam Perrett and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.

I have no idea about Liam Foran, Jonathon Ford, Jason Baitieri, Tinirau Arona, Brad Takairangi, Kane Linnett or Luke Towers.

Who do you think we should be looking at for next season? Hookers? Outside backs? Props? Backrowers?

Who do you think is under pressure to retain their spots? And who do you think has confirmed their spot permanently?
            I would keep Sonny and I wouldnt sweat about the rest.
            We need to find two hard workers with tackle counts for the forwards.
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Does anyone think that Tuigamala, Linnett, Blair, Williamson and Du Plessis are enough competition for the centre spot that Graham will eventually vacate?

Comment

Does anyone think that Tuigamala, Linnett, Blair, Williamson and Du Plessis are enough competition for the centre spot that Graham will eventually vacate?
                I sat there Friday night watching the NYC and Williamson did nothing to show all the wraps he is getting from people on this forum...................Needs to get more involved also people say SKD cant defend Williamson is no better

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                  I would keep Sonny and I wouldnt sweat about the rest.
                  We need to find two hard workers with tackle counts for the forwards.
                  Well I think a good tackling backrower, and a hardworking prop, would be ideal.

Comment

Speaking of which -

If we want a forward who is relatively underrated, racks up good tackle counts on a consistent basis, and is still under the age of 30, we should look at:

Michael Luck - 28
                    Gavin Cooper - 25
                    Chris Houston - 25
                    Nathan Smith - 27
                    Dean Young - 27
                    Matt Hilder - 28
                    Matt Prior - 23
                    Gary Warburton - 23
                    Ben Smith - 26
                    Scott Bolton - 23
                    Liam Fulton - 26
                    Ben Lowe - 25
                    David Stagg - 27

All of the above listed players are quite capable of clocking up 30 tackles a game and 70-80 metres a game on a weekly basis, and none would break the bank to sign. Houston has been deregistered by the NRL for drug charges, but he has flourished under Smith in the past, and has a lot of a young Craig Fitzgibbon about him - tall, rangy, hits holes well, makes plenty of tackles and is tough as nails. I am steering clear of Trent Waterhouse, Anthony Laffranchi, Ash Harrison, Dallas Johnson, Glenn Stewart, Simon Mannering, and other blokes who are internationals and would insist coming only for big $$$.

Comment

i would go david stagg.. makes 40 plus tackles most game, absolute workhorse.. but i doubt he will leave the dogs

Comment

Kennedy is a must
                        Jaubs is a maybe.. I don't see that Friend offers anything more than Jaubs does.

The rest.. don't see the value in keeping..

Comment

Speaking of which -

If we want a forward who is relatively underrated, racks up good tackle counts on a consistent basis, and is still under the age of 30, we should look at:

Michael Luck - 28
                          Gavin Cooper - 25
                          Chris Houston - 25
                          Nathan Smith - 27
                          Dean Young - 27
                          Matt Hilder - 28
                          Matt Prior - 23
                          Gary Warburton - 23
                          Ben Smith - 26
                          Scott Bolton - 23
                          Liam Fulton - 26
                          Ben Lowe - 25
                          David Stagg - 27

All of the above listed players are quite capable of clocking up 30 tackles a game and 70-80 metres a game on a weekly basis, and none would break the bank to sign. Houston has been deregistered by the NRL for drug charges, but he has flourished under Smith in the past, and has a lot of a young Craig Fitzgibbon about him - tall, rangy, hits holes well, makes plenty of tackles and is tough as nails. I am steering clear of Trent Waterhouse, Anthony Laffranchi, Ash Harrison, Dallas Johnson, Glenn Stewart, Simon Mannering, and other blokes who are internationals and would insist coming only for big $$$.

Id like to see Scott Bolton at our club. He is a skillful backrower who wouldnt look out of place for queensland this year.

Comment

Bolton is vastly underrated, hits a hole with ease and is a very hard worker.

Hope we pair Myles and Kennedy as roommates..could do the world for him.. keep Kennedy for now, 2 year contract

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigFella View Post
                              Kennedy is a must
                              Jaubs is a maybe.. I don't see that Friend offers anything more than Jaubs does.

The rest.. don't see the value in keeping..
                              Friend just has more mongrel in him.

Comment

Working...
                              X