Penrith v Roosters 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penrith v Roosters 2003

Who could forget when we played them at Penrith in 2003. Joel Clinton came out in the papers and issued the challenge to the Roosters pack.

We kicked off and Clinton took the first hit up. When he looked up there to greet him were Morley, Ricko, Crocker and Cayless. They didn't miss him.

Our forwards declared war that day.

Ahhh, the memories.

Sadly, we don't the calibre of those forwards any longer.

Easts to win.
    Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
    Who could forget when we played them at Penrith in 2003. Joel Clinton came out in the papers and issued the challenge to the Roosters pack.

We kicked off and Clinton took the first hit up. When he looked up there to greet him were Morley, Ricko, Crocker and Cayless. They didn't miss him.

Our forwards declared war that day.

Ahhh, the memories.

Sadly, we don't the calibre of those forwards any longer.

Easts to win.
    Ahhh what a memory.......I guess they got the last laugh in the end though

Comment

I was only talking to my Brother about this the other day, I couldn't believe anyone could be silly enough to call out Moz like that.

Credit where credits due though Clinton copped an absolute hiding that day but he never stopped hitting it up........dumb bastard !!!

What a game - would like to see that one again !

Comment

I remember that, what a great memory.

Unfortunately there's no footage on YouTube. So I'll leave you with this!

Comment

Originally posted by Lauren View Post
          I remember that, what a great memory.

Unfortunately there's no footage on YouTube. So I'll leave you with this!
          Ahhh! How I loved having Morley in the team....

Undecided whether this is my favourite hit. Probably given the circumstances.

Closely followed by the hit on Awen Guttenbiel - another revenge hit.

Third place for me was when he wiped out one of the Walker boys playing for Souths. Unfortunately I think he was (unfairly) given a rest on that occassion!

Oh the memories!

Comment

Villisanti needed to learn to stay out of his teammates lockers...

Comment

Originally posted by Tries Off Kicks View Post
              Villisanti needed to learn to stay out of his teammates lockers...
              What, were you on the spot for this occasion as well?

Comment

Was that the game where we blasted them off the park and led 24-0 before h/t?

Comment

and after the game at the SFS,earlier in 2002,in the week leading up to the grand final,ray warren said "after seeing what the roosters did to the nz'ers earlier in the year,i am tipping the roosters to win by at least 20 points"
                  NO ONE ELSE DID

Comment

Originally posted by adzta View Post
                    What, were you on the spot for this occasion as well?
                    Hahahaha....Yeah he was sitting in the pub in London and Villisanti pick-pocketed him

Comment

Working...
                    X