Gus has become a real turd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gus has become a real turd

I used to enjoy listening to Gus but he has become an incredibly annoying turd. In the Roosters game against Brisbane he seemed to take so much pleasure in rubbishing both of them as opposed to the "quality teams" of Melb and St George.
    Then last night he went on and on about ONE error by the referee that led to Morris try being disallowed. He is entitled to opinions but crikey, don't carry on like everything you say and believe in is gospel.

Originally posted by iluvarfa View Post
    I used to enjoy listening to Gus but he has become an incredibly annoying turd. In the Roosters game against Brisbane he seemed to take so much pleasure in rubbishing both of them as opposed to the "quality teams" of Melb and St George.
    Then last night he went on and on about ONE error by the referee that led to Morris try being disallowed. He is entitled to opinions but crikey, don't carry on like everything you say and believe in is gospel.
    I think it is what Channel Nine expect from their commentators, It is
    just part of the media hype.

Comment

Originally posted by iluvarfa View Post
      I don't know that he was taking pleasure in it. He was certainly pointing out a very ovious fact though

Comment

I can't stand when Rabs and Gus are on the same commentary team. Reminds me of Grumpy Old Men, minus Jack Lemon and the other funny bloke.

Geez they carry on without a stop. Drives me insane.

Comment

Thats Gould the clown. Gould the football brain is still there, its just Ch9 doesn't let him out.

What pisses me off is a team is loosing and basically never going to win yet they keep talking them up, Brisbane last night and against the Roosters, they just kept going on and on about them
          The Internet is a place for posting silly things
          Try and be serious and you will look stupid
          sigpic

Comment

Kingbilly....probably just trying to give some of the young kids who were really trying, a bit of encouragement I reckon.
            Also commentators are supposed to be unbiased...so I could never be one.
            Gus is simply talking down to Warren and co so they understand.

Comment

Gus has "become" a real turd...hold the farken phones!!

Chook.

Comment

gus is a bitter old quitter

Comment

Maggie,
                  I wonder whether its a combination of Gould deciding the $s are worth it and the fact
                  Ch9 have completely lost the plot.
                  Regardless of the "young" Brisbane side, the talking up of them is absolutely ridiculous
                  The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                  Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                    Regardless of the "young" Brisbane side, the talking up of them is absolutely ridiculous
                    They need a positive presence in Brisbane for ratings...hope is much more beneficial than despair...even though they're ****ed for 2010 to see empty Bronco games at the stadiums would be extremely costly for the NRL...

Comment

I can't listen to any of them. It's just easier to watch the footy on mute and make up my own commentary.

Or better yet, go to live games and listen to Wally do his Rabs impression.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                        Thats Gould the clown. Gould the football brain is still there, its just Ch9 doesn't let him out.

What pisses me off is a team is loosing and basically never going to win yet they keep talking them up, Brisbane last night and against the Roosters, they just kept going on and on about them
                        They have to talk them up - or your average viewer - who may have no team to follow will probably change channels. And that my friends (or at least fellow rooster supporters) ;-) is something their employers do not want. And they have to fill up the time.

And BTW, Gus does love his mind games, and he does love us. Still. If he's nice to us he is biased, if he's anti us he is controversial. Either way, people get worked up. Just what he wants.

Oh. I dont think we're in the top level of teams either.

Comment

Originally posted by Juggler View Post
                          They have to talk them up - or your average viewer - who may have no team to follow will probably change channels. And that my friends (or at least fellow rooster supporters) ;-) is something their employers do not want. And they have to fill up the time.

And BTW, Gus does love his mind games, and he does love us. Still. If he's nice to us he is biased, if he's anti us he is controversial. Either way, people get worked up. Just what he wants.

Oh. I dont think we're in the top level of teams either.
                          Ah, spoken like......HEY.....are you Gus?

Comment

so cry me a river for qld fans? poor bubs empty stadiums on tv, noone comes to see them when they lose?

Comment

i like gus. must be because he is a turd.

Comment

Working...
                              X