Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Positive Thought about the Panthers Game today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Positive Thought about the Panthers Game today.

Hi I'm only new on the forum but I've been a fan of the Roosters since the days of Straw Andrews, Louis Neuman and Les Hayes, I also remember 1966 when we could'nt win a game all season, so watching the team play the way they have started of this season is really a pleasure to watch, I've been having a look at the closeness of the leading pack of teams, it seems we could end up anywhere from 5th, if we win by less than 6, or even better still, we could be 2nd, if we win by more than 15, to be in such a good position after having a few bad seasons in the past seems almost to good to be true and I'm sure the tremendous turn around the club has achieved in such a short time after the wooden spoon last year is way more than any one of us could have dreamed of, I want to thank whoever is responsible for organising the availibility of this forum, so that the access is made so easy to those of us who can't always get to the game as regular as we would want to, I apologise for waffling on for so long and I will attempt to keep my future opinions much shorter, Thanks for reading what I had to say,

Ozzie Rooster

nice post ozzie, welcome

Comment

Welcome mate.

Comment

Hello and Welcome. I do hope we get them but even 1 point will do me. It certainly is interesting with the closeness of the competition.

Comment

Welcome....

Where abouts are you supporting the Mighty Red White and Bluesters from??...

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie Rooster View Post
            Hi I'm only new on the forum but I've been a fan of the Roosters since the days of Straw Andrews, Louis Neuman and Les Hayes, I also remember 1966 when we could'nt win a game all season, so watching the team play the way they have started of this season is really a pleasure to watch, I've been having a look at the closeness of the leading pack of teams, it seems we could end up anywhere from 5th, if we win by less than 6, or even better still, we could be 2nd, if we win by more than 15, to be in such a good position after having a few bad seasons in the past seems almost to good to be true and I'm sure the tremendous turn around the club has achieved in such a short time after the wooden spoon last year is way more than any one of us could have dreamed of, I want to thank whoever is responsible for organising the availibility of this forum, so that the access is made so easy to those of us who can't always get to the game as regular as we would want to, I apologise for waffling on for so long and I will attempt to keep my future opinions much shorter, Thanks for reading what I had to say,

Ozzie Rooster
            Welcome Ozzie, I remember 66 as well. If we can find anyone with the heart of Les Hayes again Id crawl over broken glass to watch him play. About 11 stone wringing wet and never a backward step....good memories.

Comment

I think Les Hayes used to post here ....or maybe that was at the wall ??
              Either way welcome Ozzie Rooster, always good to hear from a long time Chookie !

Comment

Welcome Ozzie Rooster, great first post.
                Being a long time supporter of this great club, I have a question for you; what do you think of this year's jersey?
                "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Welcome Mate.
                  Any good Rooster stories of seasons '66 to '74 that you wish to share?
                  Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Gday mate......

Comment

Ozzie Rooster
                      Les Hayes......What a legend!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                        I think Les Hayes used to post here ....or maybe that was at the wall ??
                        Either way welcome Ozzie Rooster, always good to hear from a long time Chookie !
                        He did Hawkeye, under the pseudonym of Les Hayes!

Comment

Anyway back to todays game and the current state of miserable affairs. If the fowls play like this on Anzac Day then they will probably need to belt the Last Post out before and after the game.

Comment

Welcome Ozzie.

Like you and Roosda I've been around for yonks - started supporting them in '67.

Alongside my wife, kids, faith the Roosters have been my life!

Were you at the '75 Grand Final ? I was in the Sheridan Stand crowing like a rooster being hammered by Merge supporters...

Comment

Ozzie Rooster
                              Alas Ozzie, your positive thought wasn't enough to get us over the line today. What are you doing posting at 4 o'clock in the morning?

Comment

Working...
                              X