Aubusson brothers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aubusson brothers

Quick question - where'd these two play their junior footy? I know JAubs spent time at the Storm, but did they both start out here?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by BlindFreddy View Post
    Quick question - where'd these two play their junior footy? I know JAubs spent time at the Storm, but did they both start out here?

Thanks in advance.
    Lismore boys

Comment

Both started their NRL careers with the Roosters.

Comment

Both played lower grades for the Roosters

Comment

I know everyone blows their load over Mitch, but i am a massive fan of James.

He is just a tough player, and unlike his brother can put on a big shot. I always fancied him as a lock forward. Although undersized, he could still match it with the big boys alas Matt Hilder.

I still remember watching a game with my mates in 2008, where we made a rule to skull, every time Jaubs was involved in a tackle. We were pissed by half-time.

Comment

[QUOTE=BigMike;50875] We were pissed by half-time.[/QUOTE]

Thay may explain why you rate him.

Because you would have to be pissed to think he is anything but garbage.

Comment

[QUOTE=Johnny Tobin;50882]
              Originally posted by BigMike View Post
              We were pissed by half-time.[/QUOTE]

Thay may explain why you rate him.

Because you would have to be pissed to think he is anything but garbage.
              I think he is better than what people give him credit for.

His defence is second to none. His attacking game is pretty average, but i think if given the instruction of just carting the ball upfield, he could excel.

I'd take him over any of our next superstars ( Cherrington, Sa, FPN ), because the bloke won't let you down around the ruck.

Comment

Originally posted by jackiechan View Post
                Both started their NRL careers with the Roosters.
                Didn't James debut with Melbourne?

Comment

I tend to agree that Jaubs is highly underrated on this forum, we have to accept from day 1 that he is not Robbie Farah and accept that hes is a defensive hooker with strong distribution, he holds togethor our ruck defence when our fat lazy forwards stop tackling and the speed of and accuracy of his service is top quality this season, more penetration in his running game would be good, but I believe for what his role currently is, he is quite effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Kramer86 View Post
                    Didn't James debut with Melbourne?
                    His first grade debut was with the Storm in 2007.He was a Rooster junior in 2005,when we lured him away from his bullscum scholarship...
                    Last edited by spanner; 04-15-2010, 01:24 PM.

Comment

We had high expectations from him by the way he was playing at the Storm.
                      I think he suffered from the structures in place when he got here.
                      I'm sure I read somewhere that from 500 dummy half plays he had only about 5 dummy half runs. Some of his dummy half runs this year have been good. He made a huge difference when he came on against the Tigers. His kicking game is good from dummy half and his defense is also quite good. I think him and Friend can be a great combination as our interchange hookers going forward and he can also cover in the back row and half back. He is nowhere near as bad as some people suggest. I hope we keep him for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by TD7 View Post
                        I tend to agree that Jaubs is highly underrated on this forum, we have to accept from day 1 that he is not Robbie Farah and accept that hes is a defensive hooker with strong distribution, he holds togethor our ruck defence when our fat lazy forwards stop tackling and the speed of and accuracy of his service is top quality this season, more penetration in his running game would be good, but I believe for what his role currently is, he is quite effective.
                        Agreed mate. Last season he had some issues in attack. He wasn't running enough, and was very slow in passing the ball from dummy half. But this season, he has certainly improved in that area! His defense has always been rock solid, and nothing has changed there

Comment

Apparently he's a halfback? That's where he played for Melbourne a few times, from memory.

He cops far too much, and like people say, in reality he's a decent defensive hooker, but the truth is, Friend is far better.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindFreddy View Post
                            Apparently he's a halfback? That's where he played for Melbourne a few times, from memory.

He cops far too much, and like people say, in reality he's a decent defensive hooker, but the truth is, Friend is far better.
                            Still to be convinced on Friend as a hooker - but his hamburgers aren't bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                              Still to be convinced on Friend as a hooker - but his hamburgers aren't bad.
                              went in there for a schnitzel burger today

he's a solid lad

Comment

Working...
                              X