Big League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trewhella View Post
    sad indicement on the whole Sydney system when you are paying a South African kid how to play the game at 19.

Take a step back and think about that for one minute.
    **** me the whole thing is a joke.
    Our sources of players are NSW and Queensland, with 16 teams trying to get the best players from a population of about 8 million, South Africa has a population of 50 million to choose from, and JP was one of their best prospects, nothing sad about it, and its no joke....it makes good sense, and you will probably see a lot more come from there in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosdaman View Post
      Our sources of players are NSW and Queensland, with 16 teams trying to get the best players from a population of about 8 million, South Africa has a population of 50 million to choose from, and JP was one of their best prospects, nothing sad about it, and its no joke....it makes good sense, and you will probably see a lot more come from there in the future.
      Correct Weight... JP is a good young kid.. I have spoken to him and he has a fantastic attitude, a level head and is prepared to do the hard work.. Who cares where he is from.

Comment

Well why stop at South Africa???

I mean Uasian Bolt comes from Jamaica.
        Why dont we send scouts there??

Rugby League is more than just being fast, just being strong or just having a good attitude.

Its a farce.
        barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

how long do we expect JP to stay with us? it's inevitable that he'll return to RU.

Comment

Rugby League is more than just being fast, just being strong or just having a good attitude.

Its a farce.
            Those attributes you've mentioned are pretty important though.

You know yourself how much the Polynesians are dominating our junior football teams. Why not look to South Africa? Being a rugby player he has the fundamental skills he needs to play league.
            Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Its a farce.
              Well, it's not as if we've signed a promising table tennis player or sodoku champion. He's a rugby back. We've had a few failures from that source, but we've also had the odd success. So I wouldn't say it was a farce.

And if Usain is available, I say we should give him a go.

Comment

Its a farce.
                How much Rugby (of any variety) has Usain Bolt played. You're comparing apples and oranges. SA is a strong Rugby nation, talented players of either code should be able to switch successfully with some time udner their belt.

Comment

Its a farce.
                  If you dont want your posts to be critisized you should think about them before you post, scouting in South Afrca is a smart move, for the reasons that i and others have mentioned. No one spoke about other countries except you, clutching at straws?

Comment

Working...
                  X