Headaches for BS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headaches for BS

Symonds is expected to return this week, or next week. This causes a few headaches for BS. Currently our pack looks like this:

8. FPN
    10. Paea
    11. Guerra
    12. Aubusson
    13. Myles

14. Conn
    15. Ryles
    16. JWH

So where do we fit Symonds in? And who misses out?

Let Symonds ease his way in via the Jets. He can play half a game for them to get some confidence back.

Injuries will ensure that BS doesn't have too many selection dilemmas.

Comment

It must have been in a dozen threads Symonds is still a few weeks away

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Gunn View Post
        It must have been in a dozen threads Symonds is still a few weeks away
        You sure? From the Roosters website:

"Tom was hopeful of making a return for the Good Friday fixture but as a result of slow healing in regards to the extent of bruising sustained in the hyperextension of his knee medical staff have advised that it may well be round 6 before he returns"

Regardless if he is back this week or not, the same problem applies for when he does return

Comment

he will replace koops on the bench, maybe after the st merge game ryles might feel the need for a bit of a rest?

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
            he will replace koops on the bench, maybe after the st merge game ryles might feel the need for a bit of a rest?
            Can't see him replacig Koops. Carney, JJ and Koops are the first players on Smithy's list each week.

I hope it is Koops but if not, I'd give Lopini or FPN a go in Newtown.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
              I'd give Lopini or FPN a go in Newtown.
              I agree that the two props are the weakest players at the moment but if they were dropped then the pack is looking very skinny.

Against a good pack like St George you probably need 4 props rotating, especially when the three back rowers (Myles, Aubusson, Guerra) are 80 minute players.

Conn has done well but I think he would be the one to make room.
              FONK

Comment

I'm pretty sure Conn played in the backrow last week, with a front row rotation of:

Ryles
                FPN
                Paea
                JWH

Would be ashame to see Conn dropped though. He has been one of our most consistent forwards this season

Comment

I don't think we can carry both coconuts in this game. It is too difficult to rotate with both of them not on at the same time. I think Conn would offer much more than either of them. We need line speed against the Dragons. It takes the coconuts two or three tackles to get back to the defensive line which puts a lot of the burden of extra defense on the others. Conn is able to hold his own against the big boys. He is our quiet achiever this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
                    I don't think we can carry both coconuts in this game. It is too difficult to rotate with both of them not on at the same time. I think Conn would offer much more than either of them. We need line speed against the Dragons. It takes the coconuts two or three tackles to get back to the defensive line which puts a lot of the burden of extra defense on the others. Conn is able to hold his own against the big boys. He is our quiet achiever this year.
                    Agree. Smith need to name his most skillfull pack. In this case he has to leave out Paea because FPN can come up with some good offloads.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster Cogburn View Post
                      Agree. Smith need to name his most skillfull pack. In this case he has to leave out Paea because FPN can come up with some good offloads.
                      Totally agree FPN has the X factor that Lopini doesnt have,his offload is major weapon in his arsenal.

Comment

Originally posted by Kramer86 View Post
                        You sure? From the Roosters website:

"Tom was hopeful of making a return for the Good Friday fixture but as a result of slow healing in regards to the extent of bruising sustained in the hyperextension of his knee medical staff have advised that it may well be round 6 before he returns"

Regardless if he is back this week or not, the same problem applies for when he does return
                        Tom Symonds told anyone who wanted to know at the game last week that he was still about 4 weeks away.

Comment

Working...
                        X