Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just back from the game & here's my take..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just back from the game & here's my take..

Mini -When did this bloke forget to run straight & hard?? A shadow of his former self
    Pez - Unless he is fullback, he is a liability..
    SKD - As someone else has said Diamonds or rocks.. Although more rocks than diamonds.
    Jones - I don't know his best position, but it ain't in the backline.
    Graham - Is wasted on the wing, Give him back the centre position. Also has a lovely mother..
    Anasta - Is the game getting to quick for him?? I wonder so
    Carney - Put him back in the #1 jersey.. QUICK

As for the forwards... Can someone please explain why we take a superman like Myles out of the lock position & replace him with FPN??? I can't even come up with 1 single decent reason.. & while on FPN, why the hell does he feel he has to off-load on every hit up?? thus causing his usual mistakes..
    Paea... Like FPN.. Hooroo
    Ryles.. Keep the fire mate. that ref deserved whatever it is you said to him..
    JWH.. Was he injured or tired, because he came off after 15mins & then came on with 15 to go?? WHY??

Brian Smith.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE SOME CHANGES

Finally to Jake Friend, although i am not a huge fan (yet), you seemed to give us some much needed spark when you came on...

I know i'm rambling, but I is tired & wanna go to bed, but the sleep fairies haven't arrived yet..

Good summary. I agree with most of it. You missed Maubs, who I thought had quite a solid game. That footwork he used for his try was superb.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMike View Post
      Good summary. I agree with most of it. You missed Maubs, who I thought had quite a solid game. That footwork he used for his try was superb.
      Maubs has wonderful footwork ! yet our game play went to the left and to a flat footed jones who stunted the attack !

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
      To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
      At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
      Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
      The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Agree with most of what you said.

With the FNP playing lock, it doesn't bother me because these days the numbers on the back don't exactly mean anything.

Comment

Good summation there TBF.
          JWH has to be playing injured because his lack of game time and involvement is puzzling.
          Ryles must have played the entire game if I'm not mistaken with only his binning as rest.
          Myles is just amazing but I worry that he might stop caring because he has so few helping him out.
          MAubs was great as usual.
          1 to 5 can go and get farked.
          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
            Good summation there TBF.
            JWH has to be playing injured because his lack of game time and involvement is puzzling.
            Ryles must have played the entire game if I'm not mistaken with only his binning as rest.
            Myles is just amazing but I worry that he might stop caring because he has so few helping him out.
            MAubs was great as usual.
            1 to 5 can go and get farked.
            No.6 is just as woeful!

Comment

Agree with all said. 1-6 must be re-assessed. They have had enough time to prove themselves and if we are to salvage the rest of this season changes must be made.
              I'd rather see some of the TYC kids get experience than watch players past their use-by date or not concentrating.
              Some will fold under the pressure and atmosphere of FG, but we might unearth a couple of future champions or at least sort out those worth persevering with.

Comment

At the moment, beyond 2011, all I can see is us as being:

2. Perrett
                6. Carney
                7. Pearce
                9. Friend (maybe)
                11. Symonds
                12. Aubusson
                13. Myles

16. Hargreaves
                17. Nuuausala (maybe)

I would be looking at cutting Minichiello, Kouparitsas, Jorbs, Paea at the end of this year. They are all offering nothing. Kenny-Dowall, if he doesn't show a drastic improvement, should not be re-signed at any cost.

Anasta, Ryles and Graham are all experienced but I don't see them staying beyond their current contracts with us, all of which expire at the end of 2011.

For the remaining slots...well, our backline needs a COMPLETE revamp. Perrett is the only backline player who gives 100% week in week out, and I think he is too good a player to get rid of. Might not be fast, but I reckon with a better centre inside of him his defense might be a fair bit better. I would like to see Jones used in the role of bench impact man before he is cast away, and I admittedly do have time for Conn and Guerra. Cherrington is a bit of a 'not-sure', we wont know till he returns.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mack View Post
                  For the remaining slots...well, our backline needs a COMPLETE revamp. Perrett is the only backline player who gives 100% week in week out, and I think he is too good a player to get rid of. Might not be fast, but I reckon with a better centre inside of him his defense might be a fair bit better. I would like to see Jones used in the role of bench impact man before he is cast away, and I admittedly do have time for Conn and Guerra. Cherrington is a bit of a 'not-sure', we wont know till he returns.
                  Mack, Perrett seems to play his best footy in the centres or fullback. I don't think he is a winger. I do agree that he should be retained, I reckon he cops more bagging than he deserves.

Comment

Perrett and Nuuausala, to me, are players who really do try hard and play well, but just have habits of taking bad options, sometimes through lack of self-confidence, or confidence in those around them. But for the occasional frustratingly bad things they do, they can do good too. Our short-lived stint of spark in the second half yesterday was thanks to Frank-Paul really dragging defenders together, and offloading the ball. He needs to work on his selection though - if you arm isn't COMPLETELY free, you shouldn't try popping it out.

SKD, however, just does things that make me really think he has nothing between his ears.

Comment

FPN should concentrate on eating metres and nothing else.

When he gets hit he tries to concentrate on getting the ball out instead of dominating the tackle and getting off a quick play of the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mack View Post
                        Perrett is the only backline player who gives 100% week in week out, and I think he is too good a player to get rid of.
                        I have always liked Perret in our side, but as fullback. Against the cowboys & knights I think he has been poor. When replacing Mini he was always very safe and did some good dummy half running.

I think logic would be Carney to 6 when Pearce returns, then Anasta to lock, SAmmy at 1 and Mini on the wing. That's just how I see it, Smithy has his reasons for keeping things as they are, but it dont seems to be getting results. Obviously Pearce has really been missed.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMike View Post
                          The main reason I reckon that I forgot Maubs was that his effort week in & week out is like Myles.. He is always in the top few..

As FPN, he pisses me off like nothing else.. He has hands of lead.. & puts the entire team under pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by theticket View Post
                            Mack, Perrett seems to play his best footy in the centres or fullback. I don't think he is a winger. I do agree that he should be retained, I reckon he cops more bagging than he deserves.

Perret is one of the slowest backs in the NRL, his defence is diabolical as he always shows his man the sideline and then due to his lack of pace get run arouond usually for a try, he is extremely didgy under the highball and his handling is average to bad on any given day. One of his other tricks is to think he is Usain Bolt and that he can run around his man nar the side line, only to get put into touch.

The fact is he has played over 100 FG games and has no signs of improving, and consistently makes the same stupid U12 mistakes week in week out. He offers our team nothing except dummy half running which he does very slowly and predictably also.

He needs to be punted ASAP!!

Comment

Originally posted by Super Chook View Post
                              I have always liked Perret in our side, but as fullback. Against the cowboys & knights I think he has been poor. When replacing Mini he was always very safe and did some good dummy half running.

I think logic would be Carney to 6 when Pearce returns, then Anasta to lock, SAmmy at 1 and Mini on the wing. That's just how I see it, Smithy has his reasons for keeping things as they are, but it dont seems to be getting results. Obviously Pearce has really been missed.
                              i agree, except i'd be ditching mini. i'd rather lose games with a few kids getting some FG experience than keep the old man out there losing his dignity and hey mini, take skd with ya

Comment

Working...
                              X