Teams for Monday night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigMike View Post
    I'm not concerned about Symonds, our weakest point at this time is our backline.

Going up against one of the better backlines in the comp, i was hoping for a change or two there.

If Ben Rogers tore us a new one, imagine what Prince is capable of.
    Their backline is overrated imo.

Tomane is worse in defence that SKD and that's saying something.

Campbell is still a good player but he peaked a loooong time ago.

Toopi, maybe he can give Mini a lift to the retirement home after the game?

Their wingers are awesome but they wont see any ball because Tomane and Toopi wont give them any.

It's been the story all year for them.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMike View Post
      Halves - i think Pearce is one of the best young halves in the game, however against Prince, no chance. Bird is playing the role Anasta should be playing and brings more aggression.

Here's to Titans having their worst game of the year!
      Actually Bird is playing like rubbish atm. The tits dont score alot of points thanks to him, but their defence is excellent. Bird is better at lock imo. Having said all that, he still craps over Anasta

We definitely CAN beat them imo, but we dont do so well against teams with excellent defence. I'll raise my glass if they do have their worst game of the year

Comment

I would have liked to see Gurerra come in for Koops and Symonds in for either FPN or Jaubs.

Comment

Makes the losses to the Cows and the Knights all the more damaging.

Comment

I thought JWH was out for a few weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Their wingers are awesome but they wont see any ball because Tomane and Toopi wont give them any.

Even Tomane's defence is better than SKD's.

Campbell is a fantastic footballer - he'd walk into our backline no problems.

Toopi hasn't been half bad... a lot better than Mini atm.

We're in trouble. Our only chance is if Pearce and Carney are 100% and firing.

Comment

Great Anasta retains his spot.
                Get ready for a highlights package that includes bombs and ,,,,,bombs.

Real shakeup would have been to pair Carney/Pearce and give them licence to go mad.

Instead the fat yak is in the middle

Comment

Originally posted by sodomite View Post
                  Great Anasta retains his spot.
                  Get ready for a highlights package that includes bombs and ,,,,,bombs.

Real shakeup would have been to pair Carney/Pearce and give them licence to go mad.

Instead the fat yak is in the middle
                  bombs bombs and more bombs saw us finish the season in our highest table position since 2004.

bombs bombs and more bombs has the Panthers sitting 2nd

bombs bombs and more bombs saw us snatch a last second win from the Tigers

Whether you like it or not it's a massive part of the modern day game and Braith has a massive torp on him so why not use it?

I personally would've rested him as he's injured and it's limited his kicking and running game but I don't see why everyone criticises that tactic of bombs when they have such a high success rate?

Comment

Tomane does exposed by class centers in defence. Problem is we have none. His attack is great, he has been scoring by the bucketloads. Agreed that he doesn't have a great passing game. He will trample Graham.

Campbell is inspirational for the Titans team. His defence for a little man is fantastic.

Toopi is solid, but has Gordon outside him who would be one of the fastest players in the league.

As for Bird, although he hasn't found his legs as well as he'd have hoped, his involvement is as a running half is working wonders and he's bagged a couple of tries, and assists so far this year.
                    Remember, he has played without Prince a lot of the time, so had to ball-play more than he should.

Comment

I don't see why everyone criticises that tactic of bombs when they have such a high success rate?
                      Firstly if u watch highlights package of the weekend the percentage of bombs leading to tries is low, especially compared to other 5th tackle options.

Bombs are great if u've got a Folau on the wing. We don't. Anasta boots them up the middle and just hopes. We were wooden Spooners last year............sucess rate?

Comment

Originally posted by sodomite View Post
                        Firstly if u watch highlights package of the weekend the percentage of bombs leading to tries is low, especially compared to other 5th tackle options.

Bombs are great if u've got a Folau on the wing. We don't. Anasta boots them up the middle and just hopes. We were wooden Spooners last year............sucess rate?
                        And our tries from kick percentage went down when Fittler decided to read too much into what the press were writing. Thanks for backing up my point.

Which team did score the most percentage of their tries from kicks last year?

The dragons

Where did they finish?

Which team did score the most percentage of their tries from kicks in 2008?

Roosters

Where did they finish?

Which team has scored the most percentage of their tries from kicks this year?

Panthers

Where do they sit?

Success rate? Surely you can figure that one out...

Comment

[QUOTE=Rooster_6;58355
                          Where did they finish?

Which team did score the most percentage of their tries from kicks in 2008?

Roosters

...[/QUOTE]

thats all that matters......funks

Comment

wtf.

Where the hell is Symonds? How can Koops be in front of him for a bench spot? WTF is Koops doing on the bench when Aubusson is there. Where is Guerra? That bench is shithouse. FPN at lock? Someone get the shotgun out.

Titans by 14+ at least based on that side running out on Monday.
                            Last edited by Roosters MVP; 05-25-2010, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post

At least Carney is now back at FB, which means that Mini can be pensioned off to the wing. And we we regain the organisation of Pearce in the halves. Neither Carney nor Anasta have shown they could organise a pissup in a brewery - which surprises me re Carney.

NC
                              I think Carney at 5/8 would operate well with Pearce at 1/2.The problems in our halves is ANASTA.

Comment

Im confused, Towers and Linnett, killing it for Newtown. Mini, pez, graham, perrett, would be lucky to score a root in a brothel.

Fark me Bwian make the call

Even the government culls a native animal because all it does is take up valuable space.

Comment

Working...
                                X