• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/8th

2 games
    2 5/8ths heavily involved
    Both Roosters rejects

Soward LEADS dragons to victory. 6 plays his hand beautifully......kicking, converting, assisting, controlling, and scoring.

Finch completely controls the 1st half....2 try assists and a field goal to lead a reserve grade Melbourene to a hard fought win over the dogs.

Both players showed (along with Lockyer last night) what a 6 is supposed to do in a modern game. Both players were moved from the Roosters because the Marquee player...heavily payed....was to make the 6 position his own.
    Both players voted in todays Telecrap poll ahead of that Marquee player in preferred NSW 6.

The fat Greek was the greatest mistake. He must go.

Originally posted by sodomite View Post
    2 games
    Both Roosters rejects

Soward LEADS dragons to victory. 6 plays his hand beautifully......kicking, converting, assisting, controlling, and scoring.

Finch completely controls the 1st half....2 try assists and a field goal to lead a reserve grade Melbourene to a hard fought win over the dogs.

Both players showed (along with Lockyer last night) what a 6 is supposed to do in a modern game. Both players were moved from the Roosters because the Marquee player...heavily payed....was to make the 6 position his own.
    Both players voted in todays Telecrap poll ahead of that Marquee player in preferred NSW 6.

2 pieces of proof that you don't understand these two players and their limitations.

please please please let Soward play one origin game so that no one ever has this ridiculous discussion again.

Comment

Originally posted by theticket View Post
      2 pieces of proof that you don't understand these two players and their limitations.
      A sentence that sums up the Anasta saga.
      .....oh but Finch was crap////Soward can't tackle..........

Anasta has done NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

these guys are playing to their roles week after week

Anasta is supposed to be the general...the star playmaker LOL

Comment

please please please let Soward play one origin game so that no one ever has this ridiculous discussion again.
        100% agree.

I don't think Anasta should be in the 6, but Soward and Finch? No thanks.
        FONK

Comment

A reserve grade Melbourne side

You mean a Melbourne side that might actually fit under the cap....

So what did Anasta do to you anyway? Sleep with your missus or something?

Comment

A sentence that sums up the Anasta saga.
            .....oh but Finch was crap////Soward can't tackle..........

Anasta has done NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

these guys are playing to their roles week after week

Anasta is supposed to be the general...the star playmaker LOL
            I like to think of Anasta as a real expensive gold plated

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteandbluester View Post
              100% agree.

I don't think Anasta should be in the 6, but Soward and Finch? No thanks.
              I don't want Finch or Soward.... (it has taken the genius of Bennet to get the best out of him)

thats not the point. they were moved because Anasta was going to solve our problems.

ppl here say "oh but while our 6 can't run....rarley scores....rarley takes on the line and hardly has any overbearing influence on a match.............he tackles.....WHHOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO"

take a average player like David Stagg. tell me why Anasta should even be on the field

Comment

as i type Sutton scores an individual try

Comment

2 games
                  Both Roosters rejects

Unfortunately we are restricted by the cap.
                  We can't have every good player in the game, it will take time to find a good balance with this side.
                  The last few years have been very testing, Anasta isn't the best 5/8 out there and would probably go better at lock but who are we going to place at 5/8 at the moment keeping in mind we have to stay under the cap and use the current players at our diposal.
                  Carney could slip into 5/8, but we are short on wings, centers and fullbacks.

Comment

as i type Sutton scores an individual try
                    LOL @ this.

Sutton is the worst 5/8 in the competition. He looks better than he is because he plays outside the worst 7 in the competition, Chris Sandow.

I'd rather a tackling Anasta than a bullet-pass-at-the-head-to-lose-us-grand-finals Brett Finch.

I'd rather a tackling Anasta than a watch-me-hide-behind-a-forward-pack-and-do-jack-shit Jamie Soward.

Anasta is poor. But those three are worse.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindFreddy View Post
                      LOL @ this.

Sutton is the worst 5/8 in the competition. He looks better than he is because he plays outside the worst 7 in the competition, Chris Sandow.

I'd rather a tackling Anasta than a bullet-pass-at-the-head-to-lose-us-grand-finals Brett Finch.

I'd rather a tackling Anasta than a watch-me-hide-behind-a-forward-pack-and-do-jack-shit Jamie Soward.

LOL u blind twit.
                      4 times most overrated player....think a few would disagree.
                      Your excuse for Sutton is the inverse argument of why Finch apparently goes alright.
                      While all 3 of these average players play in sides above us our "tacking Anasta" guided us to the wooden spoon last year
                      tell me what club would buy Anasta???????????.....

Comment

Anasta was garbage whenever he was picked in origin too.

Comment

Originally posted by roostwin View Post
                          Unfortunately we are restricted by the cap.
                          One of the reasons is that Anasta is on $375K large.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindFreddy View Post
                            LOL @ this.

I know why they call you blind. Sutton led the NRL for try assists last year and is up the top again this year. That is what you want from your 5/8. Also where is the logic in suggesting Sutton looks good because he is outside the worst 7 in the comp? Wouldn't this afterall make him look bad because he has to overcome the large handicap of having a rubbish half beside him?

Comment

Sutton is without doubt the worst 5/8 in the game, he is a joke and its no wonder he is never talked about as being wanted or signed by other clubs.
                              Leading try assists, what about leading tries blown etc, his kicking is amaxingly bad.

Don't make me laugh about Finch guiding a team around the park. ****ing retard can't guide anything, its Cronk that does it and Finch just catches the ball and passes it on.
                              I will admit a couple of those passes were not bad, but he is a joke and just marginally better than Sutton
                              The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                              Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X