Dane Neilsen available??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dane Neilsen available??

If GI isn't on our radar maybe a young bloke like Neilsen would fill the void?? Has plenty of speed, skill & a head for the game..

wouldnt be a bad bargain buy thats for sure. i wouldnt read too much into his current form - good coaches like bellamy and good teams like the storm tend to bring the best out of average players but i wouldnt mind anyone out of neilson, duffie, uate or gordon for some strikepower outwide at a decent price.

Comment

Originally posted by roz View Post
      wouldnt be a bad bargain buy thats for sure. i wouldnt read too much into his current form - good coaches like bellamy and good teams like the storm tend to bring the best out of average players but i wouldnt mind anyone out of neilson, duffie, uate or gordon for some strikepower outwide at a decent price.
      we don't deal in bargain buys

Comment

is that Leslie's brother?

Comment

Originally posted by Tries Off Kicks View Post
          we don't deal in bargain buys
          Smith does

Comment

Originally posted by roz View Post
            I'd add Widdop to that list very impressive yesterday

Comment

Let's throw a sqillion dollars at the debut centre from Manly because he scored a hatrick...

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Gunn View Post
                is that Leslie's brother?
                Now there is a committed man or should that be a man that should be committed
                none the less an absolute legend, you should try and track down his biography.
                Its very funny and some if it is actually true
                The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pass the Ball View Post
                  Let's throw a sqillion dollars at the debut centre from Manly because he scored a hatrick...
                  that's how we roll at the Roosters ptb

and if he's contracted until the end of next year, then we'll try and lock him up for 2012 and beyond

Comment

Why do other teams have the confidence/balls to try their youngsters out wide in First Grade, yet we do not? Linnett, Towers, Williamson, (too late!) BJ, Naughton etc etc etc, at least a few of these names should have been given a go in firsts by now. I can understand forwards being given time to develop, but out wide it's really hard to know how good one will go until they are thrusted into grade and given a damn go.

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post
                      Why do other teams have the confidence/balls to try their youngsters out wide in First Grade, yet we do not? Linnett, Towers, Williamson, (too late!) BJ, Naughton etc etc etc, at least a few of these names should have been given a go in firsts by now. I can understand forwards being given time to develop, but out wide it's really hard to know how good one will go until they are thrusted into grade and given a damn go.
                      My thoughts too.
                      If 2010 is considered a re-building year for the RWB then give the young blokes a go to see if we should perservere with them or not.
                      This is very un-Brian Smith. The Brian of old wouldn't be gun shy to experiment & give fringe players a go i.e Kusto, Wagon, Dureau, Zeb Taia etc.

One things for sure with coach Smith. He's become a lot more patient & tolerant as he gets older to put up with clumsy & inept players like Perrett & SKD.

Comment

Originally posted by Pass the Ball View Post
                        I asked the question because Neilson has been stuck in the reggies for Melbourne & every time he comes into 1sts he handles himself really well.. He'd be a starting centre at a lot of other clubs..

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post
                          spot on - when was the last time we blooded one of our own instead of trying to find imports to fill holes??

although Michael Gordon would be a great addition to the squad.

I would love to see Linnett get a go sooner rather than later

Comment

WTF is Dane Nielson?

Comment

Originally posted by Labroy View Post
                              spot on - when was the last time we blooded one of our own instead of trying to find imports to fill holes??

although Michael Gordon would be a great addition to the squad.

I would love to see Linnett get a go sooner rather than later
                              The Jets have been winning and Linnet and Towers have been starring.

Considering the performance of our outside backs in first grade, these guys must be wondering what they have to do! Unless the coaching staff have identified obvious flaws in their games and are working on the rectification of these problems, these guys must be getting pretty frustrated.

I would hate to see them succeed at another club having not received a go at the Roosters.

Comment

Working...
                              X