No announcement yet.

Discussion Thread: Sydney Roosters Vs GC Titans Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a brilliant win. Our defence was superb, they scored 2 lucky tries.

Big thumbs up for our 2 guys on debu, they put in 100%.

Nate myles and pearcy OUT STANDING tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Along with all the forward.

As much as I might hate to say it i thought Anasta had a better game tonight.

GO THE CHOOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WOOOOOT WOOOOOT

Comment

• Sheesh Masoe is a big boy , id have him rubbing shoulders with Ryles and Hargreaves 24/7 to turn him into an angry big boy

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mack View Post
        I love the flexibility of our pack.

Paea, Ryles, Masoe, Kennedy are all genuine props. Conn, Myles, Nuuausala and JWH can play prop and backrow. Aubusson, Symonds, Leilua and Guerra can play in the centres. Kouparitsas, at a pinch, can play lock, hooker, five-eighth (although he is pretty average at all).
        http://www.newtownjets.com/2010-gall...en-profile.htm

Know anymore about this huge lump Mack? He's been terrorizing off the bench for the Jets the past couple of weekends - he's BIGGER than Masoe!

Comment

• Originally posted by elo View Post
          http://www.newtownjets.com/2010-gall...en-profile.htm

Know anymore about this huge lump Mack? He's been terrorizing off the bench for the Jets the past couple of weekends - he's BIGGER than Masoe!
          He's been getting huge wraps all year for the Jets.. Would love to see him get a start.. With Ryles, JWH, Mose, Kennedy & Verlinden. Damn that's a huge intimidating front row..

Comment

• Why didn't James Aubusson play?

Comment

• Originally posted by adamkungl View Post
              Why didn't James Aubusson play?
              probably because we wanted to win the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by fred68 View Post
                probably because we wanted to win the game.
                Aubusson > Koups.

Anyway.
                Good game. We've won more than last year. We're in the 8 and a demolition of the guppies could get us back into the top 4.

Our one glaring weakness remains our wing defence. Both sides are pretty woeful. It's a worrying sign that out of Mini, Perrett, Graham and SKD I think SKD is the most trustworthy in defence (and probably the most useful in attack).

Comment

Aubusson > Koups.

Anyway.
                  Good game. We've won more than last year. We're in the 8 and a demolition of the guppies could get us back into the top 4.

Our one glaring weakness remains our wing defence. Both sides are pretty woeful. It's a worrying sign that out of Mini, Perrett, Graham and SKD I think SKD is the most trustworthy in defence (and probably the most useful in attack).
                  I think Graham is really handy in attack and defence, certainly well ahead of SKD at that.

He showed his pace in his two half breaks yesterday. That's exactly what we need in the backline. Shame he is a twig.

Comment

Aubusson > Koups.

Anyway.

Can't agree there. Graham would be our best in defense as long as he plays centre. I don't think any of them are creative enough in attack to call any of them useful.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigFella View Post
                      He's been getting huge wraps all year for the Jets.. Would love to see him get a start.. With Ryles, JWH, Mose, Kennedy & Verlinden. Damn that's a huge intimidating front row..
                      We can afford to play 4 massive front rowers with the amount of workers we have as well.......come on Brian, unleash even more size and lets see Kennedy or Verlinden on the bench as well. With 4 man mountains consistently getting us over the advantage line Pearce and Carney will tear shreds......please please please Brian.

Comment

• Originally posted by elo View Post
                        We can afford to play 4 massive front rowers with the amount of workers we have as well.......come on Brian, unleash even more size and lets see Kennedy or Verlinden on the bench as well. With 4 man mountains consistently getting us over the advantage line Pearce and Carney will tear shreds......please please please Brian.
                        I think the big boppers we had last night were great in Ryles, JWH, FPN and Masoe. Add Myles and Conn to also do some hard yards and I think that is a good balance. I would rather see Symonds back than bring in an extra front rower. Barring injury our pack seems far better now with Paea out and FPN starting to show what he is capable of. Although I do recall one game a couple of years ago where he had a similar game and everyone sang his praises then tapered off for the rest of the year. So here's hoping Brian has got him in the right frame of mind now.

I think there is a lot of work that needs doing in our backs. Our 2 t 5 defense is crap and offer very little in attack in speed and creativity. Great to see Leilua get given a shot and he didn't disappoint. I hope Brian starts to give others a shot as well especially Linnett.

Comment

• I think Graham looks really dangerous in attack when Pearce is playing. Couple of decent tackle breaks and busts and would have had a second try assist for Mini if he had of had a bit of faith and stayed on his wing.

Comment

Working...
                          X