• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trewhella View Post
    Listen you two morons
    I predicted all this
    You two cannot read.

With Brian Smith at the helm we will make the semis for 4 years.
    We will also probably make a GF.
    But we wont win one.

And if he gets another long term deal after 4 years then what is the point??

That is the last time for you morons, although I do agree with some of Pass the Balls comments. Unlike Cockadoodledoo, he does have an IQ higher than a Downie.
    nice backflip trewhellawanker.. The Guppies waterboy.. You didn't predict jackshit.. Next time it will be.. I told you Brian Smith wouldn't win more than one premiership.. Stick to trying to be funny because when it comes to talking serious football you are way out of your depth.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy View Post
      I can't understand the hate for Smith. Everywhere he has gone he has taken his sides frequently to prelim finals and grand finals. He has only been beaten by some very good sides. Pretty much an Origin side coached by Bennett and a great side led by Johns in his prime.

We were a rabble before he came here now we are competitive and playing an attacking brand of footy.

I've said already this year is probably out of reach for us but we have a great bunch of young players who will compete for premierships for years to come.
      It is agenda's simple.. Some people tipped he would fail, now want him to fail, because their ego's cannot accept otherwise and they just end up looking like 2 bit fools.. One of the chief protagonists isn't even a Roosters supporter. Of course we all get it wrong from time to time but most people can admit it and accept it.. Brian Smith lost a couple GF's to Bronco's sides who had about 12 internationals and gets hung drawn and quartered over it..

The one time he actually had an even money shot to win one he came up against a Newcastle side with the best player in the world on song.. A lot of good judges were saying whilst Parra dominated 2001, the Knights were playing just as good football as Parra did all year right when it counted and had the 2 best player in Johns and Kennedy on absolute fire at that stage..

What Smith has done, no matter what happens from here this season is a remarkable job. The courage of the performances of the last 2 weeks is phenominal from a team who got the spoon last year and Smith should take a lot of credit for giving them the self belief which had been missing, not just last year but since 2004.

Comment

Hate to get back on topic, but the fact Koups got such limited time, and Friend came back on in the crunch, shows us that Smith knows he's a stop-gap measure, and is only there in case Friend gets hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by OVP View Post
          I see him as the next Lew Zivanovic. He's so good he played with Wickey

p.s. SKD is pretty damn close to being the next Michael Sorridimi its not funny.
          Im hoping he is the next Steve Mavind and with his next benching walks out of the stadium to never return.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
            It is agenda's simple.. Some people tipped he would fail, now want him to fail, because their ego's cannot accept otherwise and they just end up looking like 2 bit fools.. One of the chief protagonists isn't even a Roosters supporter. Of course we all get it wrong from time to time but most people can admit it and accept it.. Brian Smith lost a couple GF's to Bronco's sides who had about 12 internationals and gets hung drawn and quartered over it..

The one time he actually had an even money shot to win one he came up against a Newcastle side with the best player in the world on song.. A lot of good judges were saying whilst Parra dominated 2001, the Knights were playing just as good football as Parra did all year right when it counted and had the 2 best player in Johns and Kennedy on absolute fire at that stage..

What Smith has done, no matter what happens from here this season is a remarkable job. The courage of the performances of the last 2 weeks is phenominal from a team who got the spoon last year and Smith should take a lot of credit for giving them the self belief which had been missing, not just last year but since 2004.
            Yippee

Its custard time!!!
            barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

Yippee

Its custard time!!!
              Hey Trew, just curious who would you picked up as coach last year?

Comment

Brian Smith on a two year tenure
                I am sick of underperforming coaches calling the shots on a bluff

Comment

I don't think a 2 year deal would have got brian to the Roosters. I would have thought he would stay with the Knights for that sort of deal.

Sometimes beggers can't be choosers.

Comment

Originally posted by adzta View Post
                    I don't think a 2 year deal would have got brian to the Roosters. I would have thought he would stay with the Knights for that sort of deal.

Sometimes beggers can't be choosers.
                    Correct Weight.. we were an utter rabble.. no coach in their right mind would have taken a 2 year deal. We had no bargaining power.

Comment

He would have come for 2 years at twice the pay
                      Word

Comment

He would have come for 2 years at twice the pay
                        Word
                        What value that? Why would we pay him four years salary for two years work. On his current deal, if we sack him after two years then we have lost nothing compared to what you suggest.

Personally I don't think that will be the case. He is as good a chance as any to get us a title.

Comment

Originally posted by theticket View Post
                          What value that? Why would we pay him four years salary for two years work. On his current deal, if we sack him after two years then we have lost nothing compared to what you suggest.

Personally I don't think that will be the case. He is as good a chance as any to get us a title.
                          Don't cloud this with logic..

Comment

Originally posted by theticket View Post

I think he was referring to being paid twice as much than his previous employer.
                            Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                              I think he was referring to being paid twice as much than his previous employer.
                              OK, that makes more sense.

Either way, still happy we have Smith, and I don't really care how much we are paying as long as he keeps building the squad.

Comment

Indeed,

It seems Vasco is the only one who gets my logic.

Brian Smith was on a relative pittance at Newcastle.
                                He was on the nose when he arrived in terms of demand from other clubs.

He fought hard and had some success.
                                Similar with what he has done at Easts so far.

He was on around 275k at Newcastle.
                                He was at a club with very limited resources.
                                No financial clout, no real prospect of raising the trophy...and he knew it.

Roosters 450k plus incentives.
                                You reckon he wouldnt have taken a 2 year deal??
                                Even a 3 year deal???

Laughable

Comment

Working...
                                X