Some stats for Mr Finch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigMike View Post
    FFS, get some if the modern ex-players on the panel of referees and teach them the game and how it is played.
    Sorry to disappoint you. This doesnt mean a thing. All they have is better fitness. They still need to learn the rules, they still need to get into position, they still need to get decisions right.

After all, the main reason Finch was appointed was because he was a former first grader who could improve the way referees did things.

The only way to improve the standard is to get a larger pool of centre referees, vidiot refs & touch judges and move them between NRL & Toyota Cup according to form. You stuff up a couple of times in a row, down you go and you dont come back until someone stuffs up.

And its not just Badger that stuffed up. The vidiot deserves to go, the touchie that called back the Braith pass too.

But nothing will happen. The whole structure - from the NRL down to the junior league referees associations are riddled with sycophants & brown noses. They protect their own - to threaten one is to threaten the whole system.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
      Shit I didn't think the misery was that long.
      As for losing the penalty counts in alot of those games, I think there was alot of illdiscipline about in the Roosters then
      That's why the trend continuing this year makes it all the more fishy ...

Comment

Originally posted by Juggler View Post
        Sorry to disappoint you. This doesnt mean a thing. All they have is better fitness. They still need to learn the rules, they still need to get into position, they still need to get decisions right.

After all, the main reason Finch was appointed was because he was a former first grader who could improve the way referees did things.

The only way to improve the standard is to get a larger pool of centre referees, vidiot refs & touch judges and move them between NRL & Toyota Cup according to form. You stuff up a couple of times in a row, down you go and you dont come back until someone stuffs up.

And its not just Badger that stuffed up. The vidiot deserves to go, the touchie that called back the Braith pass too.

But nothing will happen. The whole structure - from the NRL down to the junior league referees associations are riddled with sycophants & brown noses. They protect their own - to threaten one is to threaten the whole system.
        I was talking more in an advisory role. IE, sitting up there with the video ref when he makes the decisions. Hell, let him make the decisions, i'll put money on him doing a more competent job than the current bunch.

Robert Finch sure is a footballer. From another era. Caught up with trying to overcomplicate a simple game. He doesn't realise that by making black and white rules, he ruins a game that is based upon grey areas.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMike View Post
          I was talking more in an advisory role. IE, sitting up there with the video ref when he makes the decisions. Hell, let him make the decisions, i'll put money on him doing a more competent job than the current bunch.

Robert Finch sure is a footballer. From another era. Caught up with trying to overcomplicate a simple game. He doesn't realise that by making black and white rules, he ruins a game that is based upon grey areas.
          The black and white stuff has nothing to do with footy - it's all about generic management techniques - managing by Key Performance Indicators. The problem with KPIs is that you don't put measures on what is important - you measure what can be easily measured.

The MBA culture has killed entrepeneurship in business and now it's trying to kill footy!

Comment

Originally posted by rcptn View Post
            Okay I had to re do it again and found I made a few mistakes the first time.

The full list as below

Cronulla +79
            Souths +59
            Parramatta +57
            Canberra +39
            St.George Illawarra +37
            New Zealand +35
            Brisbane +29
            Wests Tigers +1
            Cowboys -4
            Manly -6
            Melbourne -18
            Canterbury -19
            Gold Coast -47
            Newcastle -53
            Penrith -78
            Roosters -111
            And lang has the temerity to complain about getting a rough deal with the referees.
            Someone needs to show him these figures.

How the Roosters are that much worse than sharks, vermin and eels is beyond me.
            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by rcptn View Post
              Okay I had to re do it again and found I made a few mistakes the first time.

The full list as below

Cronulla +79
              Souths +59
              Parramatta +57
              Canberra +39
              St.George Illawarra +37
              New Zealand +35
              Brisbane +29
              Wests Tigers +1
              Cowboys -4
              Manly -6
              Melbourne -18
              Canterbury -19
              Gold Coast -47
              Newcastle -53
              Penrith -78
              Roosters -111
              How interesting are those stats!!!

There doesn't seem to be any consistency in there when you look at the "standings". That is, teams that try to dominate the ruck (ie Melbourne) are penalised as much as say the Dogs who don't dominate as much. However teams that have more surrender tackles (ie Eels / Tigers) are less than the Sharks.

It's all over the shop, which doesn't make sense. If the interpretation of the rules is consistent then there would be a clear pattern.

Hate to say it, but the Rooster numbers are off the chart. It would be interesting to see how the penalties are spread. How many are ruck infringements which can be a sign of discipline issues (2009?). Lazy players tend to get caught in the ruck either laying on a player, not getting back into marker quickly enough or just trying to slow things down once the tackled player is off the deck.

One of the NRL refs is a friend, so I am definitely showing him these.

Comment

For a while, I thought Easts supporters complaining about conspiracies against us were acting small time. But the more and more I look at the numbers, and the crap going on this year, I can definitely see where they are are coming from. And Finch's pathetic comments about the refereeing creates an even bigger stench..

Comment

Working...
                X