Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 24 schedule

Friday 20 August, 2010
    Panthers Vs Rabbitohs, CUA Stadium, 7.35pm (Ch 9)
    Knights Vs Broncos, EnergyAustralia Stadium, 7:35pm (Ch 9)

Saturday 21 August, 2010
    Sea Eagles Vs Warriors, Brookvale Oval, 5.30pm (Fox Sports 2 Live)
    Cowboys Vs Bulldogs, Dairy Farmers Stadium, 7.30pm (Fox Sports 2 Live)
    Storm Vs Sharks, AAMI Park, 7.30pm (Fox Sports 2 Live)

Sunday 22 August, 2010
    Raiders Vs Dragons, Canberra Stadium, 2.00pm (Fox Sports 2 Live)
    Eels Vs Tigers, Parramatta Stadium, 3.00pm (Ch 9)

Monday 23 August, 2010
    Roosters Vs Titans, Sydney Football Stadium, 7.00pm (Fox Sports 2 Live)

Another f*cking Monday night game.

This is one for the conspiracy theorists who think the league is trying to cripple this club. 5 interstate Monday night fixtures this season - bad for crowds, and even worse for results.
    FONK

The only positive is that the following week's game against Manly is likely to be Nine's Sunday game.
    FONK

Comment

Isnt very side supposed to get 4 Monday night games ?

Also why do Warriors never play Monday nights Tough ****ing luck if they have to travel back to NZ
      When you trust your television
      what you get is what you got
      Cause when they own the information
      they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteandbluester View Post
        Another f*cking Monday night game.

This is one for the conspiracy theorists who think the league is trying to cripple this club. 5 interstate Monday night fixtures this season - bad for crowds, and even worse for results.
        If it is obvious, what other conclusion can you draw?

How many farking Monday night games have the boncos and stmerge scum had to play? How many Friday night games have those two been gifted? There is bias there, no question.

The NewsRL can go and get farked.
        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Its time to give the whole Monday Night Football crap away. Football should be played on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. If you want to watch a game on Monday night, watch a ****ing replay.

Comment

Have a look at these stats, complete to Round 23.

We are playing a disproportionate amount of Sunday and Monday games, and very few Friday and Saturday games.

I don't mind that so much, but you have to look at the specific problems this has created. Monday night vs. North Qld before a Saturday game with Newcastle - this made a relatively easy game very difficult. And we are coming up to another difficult five day turn around - interstate Monday night (meaning they players will arrive home in Sydney on Tuesday) before a 5.30 Saturday kickoff at Parramatta. That is a massive handicap; it makes a winnable game a whole lot tougher.

If Monday games weren't enough of a joke, instances like this in the schedule make it clear that the concept has no future.
            FONK

Comment

Plus for any supporters who want to travel, it makes it nearly impossible for anyone working Monday to Friday.

I might have been able to go to either the Gold Coast game or the Brisbane game, but not on a Monday.
              FONK

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteandbluester View Post
                Have a look at these stats, complete to Round 23.
                An excellent find that link is bluester and it made for interesting reading.
                Confirmed first off the obvious Friday night domination by boncos and stmerge.
                sea egulls fans can also rightly be annoyed by the number of Monday night games they play (6) while naturally the favoured pair mentioned above get off lightly with two each.

MNF games are an automatic exclusion for me so I'm not at all happy about that or the treatment our fellow Roosters supporters receive in Queensland.
                "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

At least it's a home game, so I'll be there.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
                    An excellent find that link is bluester and it made for interesting reading.
                    Confirmed first off the obvious Friday night domination by boncos and stmerge.
                    sea egulls fans can also rightly be annoyed by the number of Monday night games they play (6) while naturally the favoured pair mentioned above get off lightly with two each.

MNF games are an automatic exclusion for me so I'm not at all happy about that or the treatment our fellow Roosters supporters receive in Queensland.
                    Only one problem with the conspiracy theory - the NRL doesn't schedule the games. As far as I understand it, out of the eight games, nine and Fox choose based on a particular picking order. From memory, nine chooses one Friday night game and the sunday game (the best two games of the round), then fox chooses their monday game (third best) then nine picks the other friday game (4th best) and then fox schedules the rest. (something like that anyway).

This is a pretty sucky way to do it but it doesn't make for a Gallop led conspiracy.

Comment

Originally posted by theticket View Post
                      Only one problem with the conspiracy theory - the NRL doesn't schedule the games. As far as I understand it, out of the eight games, nine and Fox choose based on a particular picking order. From memory, nine chooses one Friday night game and the sunday game (the best two games of the round), then fox chooses their monday game (third best) then nine picks the other friday game (4th best) and then fox schedules the rest. (something like that anyway).

This is a pretty sucky way to do it but it doesn't make for a Gallop led conspiracy.
                      If we really want to get conspiratorial, then it's worth mentioning both the NRL and Fox Sports are half owned by News.
                      FONK

Comment

I wouldn't be complaining about channel nine games the sharks only get like one CH9 game a year lol.

Comment

Originally posted by knightsfan94 View Post
                          I wouldn't be complaining about channel nine games the sharks only get like one CH9 game a year lol.
                          They've gotten a whopping two this year.
                          FONK

Comment

The Friday night game usually has one QLD team playing so that channel 9 can have 2 live games - one for each state.

Comment

Working...
                            X