• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fukwit finch defends ref... again..

Referees' boss Finch backs end result
    STEVE JANCETIC
    July 27, 2010 - 7:04PM

AAP

Referees boss Robert Finch says the method and not the end result was up for debate following the controversial awarding of a try to Brisbane prop Nick Kenny in Monday night's NRL thriller at Suncorp Stadium.

Kenny was given the green light on a try that put the Broncos in front late in the 34-30 loss to the Sydney Roosters, despite inconclusive replays being made available to video referee Tim Mander as to how team-mate Israel Folau lost the ball in the lead-up.

The impact of the four-pointer was lessened when Shaun Kenny-Dowall crossed for his fourth try of the night to cap a remarkable Roosters win.
    Advertisement: Story continues below

But Finch backed the end result.

"We've had a look at it in super slow mo and I'm comfortable it should have gone benefit of the doubt," Finch said.

"The referee told me he would have given it a try if it had gone back as ref's call.

"I would have preferred benefit of the doubt because quite obviously there's a bit of doubt there.

"Arch (on-field referee Tony Archer) said he would have given it a try.

"He'd seen what he'd seen but he also needed to check who grounded the ball afterwards because the Broncos player and the Roosters player were pretty close grounding it."

There was also controversy with Mander not given access to the most telling replay of the play from the open side, which showed the tangle of arms as Folau desperately attempted to ground the ball.

"Basically there was an error made by one of their video-tape operators," NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley told reporters.

fuk you finch u cheat

Fark all Finch's!

Useless hack ****s the lot of em.

Chook.

Comment

Reading that just made me even more angry. I swear to god I might actually start to have a slight amount of respect for any of these blokes if when they make mistakes (let alone a massive stuff up like that that could decide a game) they acknowledge it. But to defend incompetence....

Prick!

Comment

Originally posted by r*o*o*s*t*e*r*s View Post
        Referees' boss Finch backs end result
        STEVE JANCETIC
        July 27, 2010 - 7:04PM

AAP

Referees boss Robert Finch says the method and not the end result was up for debate following the controversial awarding of a try to Brisbane prop Nick Kenny in Monday night's NRL thriller at Suncorp Stadium.

Kenny was given the green light on a try that put the Broncos in front late in the 34-30 loss to the Sydney Roosters, despite inconclusive replays being made available to video referee Tim Mander as to how team-mate Israel Folau lost the ball in the lead-up.

The impact of the four-pointer was lessened when Shaun Kenny-Dowall crossed for his fourth try of the night to cap a remarkable Roosters win.
        Advertisement: Story continues below

But Finch backed the end result.

"We've had a look at it in super slow mo and I'm comfortable it should have gone benefit of the doubt," Finch said.

"The referee told me he would have given it a try if it had gone back as ref's call.

"I would have preferred benefit of the doubt because quite obviously there's a bit of doubt there.

"Arch (on-field referee Tony Archer) said he would have given it a try.

"He'd seen what he'd seen but he also needed to check who grounded the ball afterwards because the Broncos player and the Roosters player were pretty close grounding it."

There was also controversy with Mander not given access to the most telling replay of the play from the open side, which showed the tangle of arms as Folau desperately attempted to ground the ball.

"Basically there was an error made by one of their video-tape operators," NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley told reporters.

Basically, you ****ed up.

I hate Finch. Both of them.

Comment

once again just proved he doesnt have any balls just like his idiot son, didnt drop mander for this week.. soft farken cock

Comment

Annesley is a Liberal Party stooge... cannot be trusted.

http://nsw.liberal.org.au/nsw-candid...-annesley.html

Comment

Is there anything at all and i mean at all we can do to stop this. Is there anything we can ask the club to do about it because FFS this is just plain out cheating and corruption at the highest order and the have been getting away with it for years now it's beyond a disgrace.

Comment

All they can do is stop putting themselves in positions where it can come down to a reff call to decide the game.

Because as we've seen it's clearly never going to go our way.

Comment

Originally posted by Chickadee View Post
                  All they can do is stop putting themselves in positions where it can come down to a reff call to decide the game.

Because as we've seen it's clearly never going to go our way.
                  But it dosen't matter what position we get ourselves in they will always find a way to penalise us wheather it's legal or not.

Comment

He is either an immensely stupid man, or a politician trying to defend his men despite their obvious flaws.

Either way, comments like this prove that this prick is not the man to be coaching our referees.
                    FONK

Comment

"Arch (on-field referee Tony Archer) said he would have given it a try"

so what..... he's ****en moron at best

Comment

They say somebody with an addiction can't be cured until he admits he has a problem. The referees are the NRL's alcoholics. They don't need help because they don't have a problem!

Comment

Originally posted by Procarlos View Post
                          "Arch (on-field referee Tony Archer) said he would have given it a try"

so what..... he's ****en moron at best
                          I heard the Broncos signed Archer for another three years

Comment

My Daughter was 100 percent right Last week when she said they are treating us like ****en idiots
                            When you trust your television
                            what you get is what you got
                            Cause when they own the information
                            they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Looks like the NRL is against us.

On the NRL website they have Carney 3rd in point scoring, when he is now in fact in front of Gordon! They haven't updated his points since 2 weeks ago!

Comment

Working...
                              X