No announcement yet.

Carney VS Soward...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After meeting the renewed Todd Carney, Jamie Soward will be.

Comment

Predictable, Soward was missing for 65 minutes tonight. Nuffy

Comment

Originally posted by adamkungl View Post
        Predictable, Soward was missing for 65 minutes tonight. Nuffy
        The whole bloody Dragons outfit was average. Well so were the Broncos to be fair. Terrible game to watch.

I hope they play like that next week.. and I hope we play like we did last night next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
          The whole bloody Dragons outfit was average. Well so were the Broncos to be fair. Terrible game to watch.

I hope they play like that next week.. and I hope we play like we did last night next week.
          Phil Gould had a great take on the game,

"it was 2 teams playing the same broncos game play, it's like playing chess against yourself"

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
          To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
          At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
          Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
          The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

this game coming up could be a rude awaking to the dragons if they dont come switched on well jeez we could really pile on some points
            We are the Fonk

Comment

Could someone arrange a banner "Jamie So Wierd" for that little prick. Everytime he does a dance before a conversion I go off!!! Then again with a little luck we keep them to nil and I wont have a brain explosion.

Comment

When we played them earlier in the year we were a pretty ordinary football team. We have improved a shit load since that match.

The Steelers will dish out the same shit every game. They will wait for our mistakes and will try to capitalise on field position.

We need to play smart. If we make errors in our half they may punish us, unlike the Eels who have nothing apart from some individual brilliance from Hayne.

The Dragons will need points to beat us. If we can minimise the errors in our half and the piggy back penalties then we are a good chance of beating them.

I cannot stand Soward as a player. He hides on the wing in defence and is not sighted when his team has the ball in their half until the last tackle when he kicks.

In attack his preferred play is to catch and pass and may run on the odd occasion.

The less we see of his poofy dance and chest pumping the better!

Easts to win.
                Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by thirtyeight nil View Post
                  Could someone arrange a banner "Jamie So Wierd" for that little prick. Everytime he does a dance before a conversion I go off!!! Then again with a little luck we keep them to nil and I wont have a brain explosion.
                  I'm tellin ya, he should be fined for bringing the game into disrepute with that little toy soldier bullshit he goes on with before goalkicks!!!!

Comment

Two very very different gameplans. Execution will be key on Sunday.

Steelers win games purely on the back of field position. Low mistakes, low risk. Get in the opposition 20 enough times and points will come. Have one set play, the Boyd forward pass to Morris. If Perrett and SKD are switched on in defence and we play a disciplined game, they WILL get frustrated. Have Mitch Aubusson hunting Boyd like he did Hayne.

Carney and Pearce need to be on their game. We won't get the piggy backs that they will. Their defence is better than ours and more disciplined. Break their line early and often.

Comment

Linnet vs Gasnier is a cracker for me...

Linnet can't be on much against the squillion dollar man..

Bennet does make mistakes and this is one of them...

Comment

I watched the saints game yesterday and despite their one-dimensional attack their defence was as good as ever. Their form slump hasn't at all loosened their defence and we'll need to be weary.

They were getting 3 into the tackle most times and were very good at slowing the play the ball without getting pinged. Their game is as much about field position as anything. Make good metres, kick well and then defend. Once the opposition tire themselves out or start making mistakes due to the sustained pressure, then try and capitalise with simple plays.

The difficulty for them yesterday was that their simple plays were easily dispelled - especially the morris wing classic. Unfortunately for us, it's on the wings that our defence is the weakest.

Despite what happens, this game will be intriguing becasue it's two very contrasting sides playing each other. It will be interesting to see what Smithy has come up with in order to break St George down.

Comment

I'd love nothing more than the smash Soward and the Dragons....but let's not forget that he piled on the points against us in the past outings.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. If given room, he can make us pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Pass the Ball View Post
                            Linnet vs Gasnier is a cracker for me...

Linnet can't be on much against the squillion dollar man..

Bennet does make mistakes and this is one of them...
                            lol..............You know a little St George insider told me yesterday that saints let go if Linnet last year to accomodate gasnier again........such a dumb move.
                            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                              lol..............You know a little St George insider told me yesterday that saints let go of Linnet last year to accommodate Gasnier again........such a dumb move.
                              Hopefully it will be as stupid a move as swapping Andy Walker for Jeff Orford back in 1995.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                                lol..............You know a little St George insider told me yesterday that saints let go if Linnet last year to accomodate gasnier again........such a dumb move.
                                St George have done a really poor job with outside back retention, lost the likes of;

Josh Morris
                                Chase Stanley
                                Beau Henry
                                Kane Linnett
                                BJ Leilua
                                Kalifa Fai-Fai Loa
                                Dean Whare

To keep blokes like Cooper and Hornby and now buy back Gaz....whoever is in charge of junior retention over there should be sacked tbh. They would be an extremely dangerous team with a couple of those youngsters out wide instead of the slower older guys who are on more money anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X