No announcement yet.

Sammy P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

easily our best player in 06,07, and 08.... always gave 100% and played the whistle.... very solid at the back for all those years.... was unlucky not to get best player at the club over the years with fitzy around....

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteandbluetill_i_die View Post
      easily our best player in 06,07, and 08.... always gave 100% and played the whistle.... very solid at the back for all those years.... was unlucky not to get best player at the club over the years with fitzy around....
      I agree. Sammy always tries and in my mind is a central part of this teams heartbeat. He does have some errors in his game, but sometimes I'm just blown away with his effort and workload. His dummy half running is sublime. Not many do it better.

Comment

I'm going to eat some pie.

Over the last 6 weeks I realized just how much Sammy brings to our team with his dh runs.

Comment

I thought Perret was quite poor in defense against the Broncos but was back to his best last night.
          I am impressed with him
          The Internet is a place for posting silly things
          Try and be serious and you will look stupid
          sigpic

Comment

Never seen this guy not put in 100%, he'll do me.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
              Suggesting Perrett is "the key driver of our go forward" is more ridiculous than anything I have said. The defensive efforts of the likes of Friend, Myles, and Maubs take more workload off our forwards than anything Perrett does.

All I am saying is despite Sammy's abilities the taller and faster likes of Linnett and Graham are better options on the wing. If someone else forces their way into the side I can't see Sammy being retained on the wing ahead of Linnett, Graham, or SKD.
              Dont know what games youve been watching. Defence = workload! Graham has done little to further our cause in comparison to Perrett. More runs, more metres.

Comment

Imo if anyone was to slot out of the backline it would be Graham

Comment

Perrett's defense has been shocking this year up to last night. Watch that game last week against the Broncos again. Nobody can question his dummy half runs. But his concentration in defense has been one of our biggest defensive problems this year. Last night he played his best game all year. Let's hope they have worked out our defense on the right side otherwide Morris and Cooper WILL score tries on that side.

Comment

Originally posted by Juggler View Post
                    Dont know what games youve been watching. Defence = workload! Graham has done little to further our cause in comparison to Perrett. More runs, more metres.

I don't know what games you are watching. Graham outpaced Linnett and Hayne to backup and score a sensational try last night. Something Perrett will never be able to do.

Perrett adds value with his dummy half runs. He is like a hooker without the balls skills or defensive workload. Yet if Smith put Jaubs on the wing everybody would laugh because he is short and slow...

Perrett is a great toiler and may still become a great fullback after Mini retires. But he will never be a great winger.

Comment

I don't know what games you are watching. Graham outpaced Linnett and Hayne to backup and score a sensational try last night. Something Perrett will never be able to do.

Perrett adds value with his dummy half runs. He is like a hooker without the balls skills or defensive workload. Yet if Smith put Jaubs on the wing everybody would laugh because he is short and slow...

Perrett is a great toiler and may still become a great fullback after Mini retires. But he will never be a great winger.
                      And Graham is?

And he didnt outpace Hayne. I believe Hayne tackled Linnett?

A hooker without (some) ball skills or ability to tackle doesnt play hooker for long - if at all! Your comparison doesnt work. To suggest Perrett doesnt have any pace is ridiculous. He needs time to work up to pace. Graham is quicker but Perrett is a better ALL ROUND player.

Comment

There are much better players than both Perrett and Graham. But for the moment they are all we have got and they are part of a fantastic backline. Perrett is a far better dummy half runner and Graham is a far better defender at centre. Both are playing out of position at wing but that is the only spot for them in the current team. I can see both players not part of the team next year if a better option shows up.

Comment

Graham outpaced Hayne and then let Hayne through so he could position himself on the other side of him to score the try.

I'll refer you to this thread: http://www.thechookpen.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=2948

The same bunch of jibberers that were bagging the roosters after the warriors game, and bagging me for calling it a turning point in our team, now think every player in our team is a champion. You really have no idea and just jump on and off the bandwagon depending on whether the roosters win or lose.

Comment

Graham was shocking that game and perret is essential to this team whats your point
                            We are the Fonk

Comment

Graham outpaced Hayne and then let Hayne through so he could position himself on the other side of him to score the try.

I'll refer you to this thread: http://www.thechookpen.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=2948

The same bunch of jibberers that were bagging the roosters after the warriors game, and bagging me for calling it a turning point in our team, now think every player in our team is a champion. You really have no idea and just jump on and off the bandwagon depending on whether the roosters win or lose.

LOL......welcome back aboard the bandwagon Juggler.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
                                Perrett's defense has been shocking this year up to last night. Watch that game last week against the Broncos again. Nobody can question his dummy half runs. But his concentration in defense has been one of our biggest defensive problems this year. Last night he played his best game all year. Let's hope they have worked out our defense on the right side otherwide Morris and Cooper WILL score tries on that side.
                                Everyone's defense was shocking, up to last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X