Sammy P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
    Everyone's defense was shocking, up to last night.
    No. Our right side defense has been shocking and that is where most teams attack us. Too many people look at one off games and get this illusion that certain players are as good as their last game.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
      There are much better players than both Perrett and Graham. But for the moment they are all we have got and they are part of a fantastic backline. Perrett is a far better dummy half runner and Graham is a far better defender at centre. Both are playing out of position at wing but that is the only spot for them in the current team. I can see both players not part of the team next year if a better option shows up.
      Yes there are but we do have a salary cap. Perrett is not under threat. I think his team mates and coaching staff appreciate him far more than a lot of people here. And thats what counts.

Comment

No. Our right side defense has been shocking and that is where most teams attack us. Too many people look at one off games and get this illusion that certain players are as good as their last game.
        Most right side defences are kinda leaky cos most people can pass better right to left. Therefore the attack of most teams goes that way. Left hand attack meets right side defence.

And I love a good bandwagon!
        Last edited by Juggler; 08-01-2010, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Juggler View Post
          Yes there are but we do have a salary cap. Perrett is not under threat. I think his team mates and coaching staff appreciate him far more than a lot of people here. And thats what counts.
          All I am saying and I think dice was saying is that next year Pez as well as Graham could find themselves out of the team. I'm sure Ferguson would be there if we get him and if Justin Carney overcomes his injury, he is faster, stronger and a far better defender than both. If you remember Carney, his dummy half runs were also as good if not better than Pez. Don't you find it funny that we have targeted a second winger to buy for next year? But their positions this year are safe because there is nobody else around.

Comment

Perrett's defense has been shocking this year up to last night. Watch that game last week against the Broncos again. Nobody can question his dummy half runs. But his concentration in defense has been one of our biggest defensive problems this year. Last night he played his best game all year. Let's hope they have worked out our defense on the right side otherwide Morris and Cooper WILL score tries on that side.
            When? Skid shooting out puts huge pressure on him but the amounts of times he has covered his arse... well I've lost count to be honest. Their decision making this year has improved game by game. Despite out numbering us on plenty of occasions last Monday night they Broncos failed to score on one set play on our left fringe. It wasn't until Gillett ran a straight line and there were a few poor attempts at a tackle that they got through the line, totally irrelevant to Perrett's defense.

Unless I've overlooked a try that night?

Comment

All I am saying and I think dice was saying is that next year Pez as well as Graham could find themselves out of the team. I'm sure Ferguson would be there if we get him and if Justin Carney overcomes his injury, he is faster, stronger and a far better defender than both. If you remember Carney, his dummy half runs were also as good if not better than Pez. Don't you find it funny that we have targeted a second winger to buy for next year? But their positions this year are safe because there is nobody else around.
              I think Smith believes that our pack has some depth but our outside backs can get a bit comfy. We dont have a lot of depth there perhaps?

Carney prob came cheap because he is trying to re-establish himself while Ferguson I'm not sure of. I dont know if anyone realised how well Linnett would go. Cant remember much about Carney because we only got Fox last year and I really only watch us regularly if i'm not at the game.

ooh and did i mention how much i love bandwagons?

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                When? Skid shooting out puts huge pressure on him but the amounts of times he has covered his arse... well I've lost count to be honest. Their decision making this year has improved game by game. Despite out numbering us on plenty of occasions last Monday night they Broncos failed to score on one set play on our left fringe. It wasn't until Gillett ran a straight line and there were a few poor attempts at a tackle that they got through the line, totally irrelevant to Perrett's defense.

At last, someone who thinks!

Comment

Originally posted by Chooks4Life View Post
                  Graham was shocking that game and perret is essential to this team whats your point
                  The point is the warriors game was one our best performances of the season and very clear for all to see. Yet because the scoreboard didn't show it 90% of roosters fans thought it was the end of the world including juggler, and Brain who gave all players a very poor rating. These same people now come back and think Perrett is an awesome winger because we are winning? I'll give you the tip, Perrett played just as well against the warriors as he did last night.

Even you think Graham was shocking in that warriors game. Why? because of one incident where half the team was guilty of ball-watching? What about the fundamental error Perrett made just before halftime which let the Eels back into the game? Of course all is forgiven because we won... but if we lost...

You don't even get the point. I like Perrett but the wing is a speedsters position. If we get more speed into the team it will be to add speed not to replace speed.

and why is Perrett "essential"? Are we incapable of winning without him? You really think the 10 dummy half runs he made was the difference between winning or losing?

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

They both have NFI in defense. Watch the game again and see the tackles Pez falls off leading to tries.

Juggler here is a link to Justin Carney. Built like a brick shithouse. He did cop a bad leg injury last year and has been on the verge of making it back during the year only to be injured again (not sure if it was same leg injury). If he can overcome his injury problems he will be very useful on the wing. As I said, if we get Ferguson then both Pez and Graham had better be on their game.

BTW we all seem to love a bandwagon.

Comment

perrets also the backup fullback in case something happens to mini in a game? the shuufle then would be skid to wing bj to centre sam to fb?

Comment

They both have NFI in defense. Watch the game again and see the tackles Pez falls off leading to tries.
                        Which try was a direct result of him falling off a tackle?

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                          perrets also the backup fullback in case something happens to mini in a game? the shuufle then would be skid to wing bj to centre sam to fb?
                          Smithy went with Maubs when Mini got a rest at the end of the Parra game.

Comment

I have reservations on Justin Carney. Much like Matt Utai his lack of height will make him leak more points than he scores. If he had ball skills he would make an awesome hooker...

Comment

Carney's natural position is in the centres... I'd like to think that he has been bought as depth. Steve Naughton who if you like height dice will more than satisfy you. He really impressed during pre-season training was certainly ahead of Linnett will be interesting to see what happens next season if he can remain injury free.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
                                I don't know what games you are watching. Graham outpaced Linnett and Hayne to backup and score a sensational try last night. Something Perrett will never be able to do.

Perrett adds value with his dummy half runs. He is like a hooker without the balls skills or defensive workload. Yet if Smith put Jaubs on the wing everybody would laugh because he is short and slow...

Perrett is a great toiler and may still become a great fullback after Mini retires. But he will never be a great winger.
                                2 points on that, firstly carrying the ball will considerably slow you down and secondly at the point Linnett knew Hayne had him covered i think he deliberately slowed slightly to postion Graham for the pass.

Comment

Working...
                                X