Sammy P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
    Carney's natural position is in the centres... I'd like to think that he has been bought as depth. Steve Naughton who if you like height dice will more than satisfy you. He really impressed during pre-season training was certainly ahead of Linnett will be interesting to see what happens next season if he can remain injury free.
    I think Naughton's best position is fullback. He won NYC player of the year last year playing fullback. I suspect he will be looked at as Mini's replacement when he retires. Played wing for Newtown but probably to give him a feel for seniors football.

Comment

Carney's natural position is in the centres... I'd like to think that he has been bought as depth. Steve Naughton who if you like height dice will more than satisfy you. He really impressed during pre-season training was certainly ahead of Linnett will be interesting to see what happens next season if he can remain injury free.
      Naughton it is then I don't think height is everything but lack of height on the wing is a major disadvantage.

If Mini stays healthy and we get some genuine speed in the team, my tip is that by the end of next season Perrett will not be in the first grade starting line up. He might replace the greek on the bench.

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
      2 points on that, firstly carrying the ball will considerably slow you down and secondly at the point Linnett knew Hayne had him covered i think he deliberately slowed slightly to postion Graham for the pass.
      Fair enough. My comments were more to highlight what a genuine speedster could do that Perrett would never be able to do.

Comment

Perrett is the best dummy half runner in the game....he takes atleast 1 scoot ever set when our forwards are still getting back in play.....anyone who cant appreciate that has no idea about footy.....one of our best players week in week out

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
          I think Naughton's best position is fullback. He won NYC player of the year last year playing fullback. I suspect he will be looked at as Mini's replacement when he retires. Played wing for Newtown but probably to give him a feel for seniors football.
          He barely played any games for Canberra at fullback, he won the award playing the majority of the season on the wing. Not saying that isn't his best position but he actually didn't play a whole lot their last season.

Comment

Originally posted by r00sterman View Post
            Perrett is the best dummy half runner in the game....he takes atleast 1 scoot ever set when our forwards are still getting back in play.....anyone who cant appreciate that has no idea about footy.....one of our best players week in week out
            bah. I'd suggest that anyone who thinks a winger should be chosen for their dummy half running abilities doesn't understand the role of a winger.

Comment

Originally posted by r00sterman View Post
              The commentators always say when they talk to other players that Perrett is the hardest player to tackle in the NRL!!

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
                The point is the warriors game was one our best performances of the season and very clear for all to see. Yet because the scoreboard didn't show it 90% of roosters fans thought it was the end of the world including juggler, and Brain who gave all players a very poor rating. These same people now come back and think Perrett is an awesome winger because we are winning? I'll give you the tip, Perrett played just as well against the warriors as he did last night.

Even you think Graham was shocking in that warriors game. Why? because of one incident where half the team was guilty of ball-watching? What about the fundamental error Perrett made just before halftime which let the Eels back into the game? Of course all is forgiven because we won... but if we lost...

You don't even get the point. I like Perrett but the wing is a speedsters position. If we get more speed into the team it will be to add speed not to replace speed.

and why is Perrett "essential"? Are we incapable of winning without him? You really think the 10 dummy half runs he made was the difference between winning or losing?

Agree to disagree Perret is fast he is labbeled the hardest man to tackle, the most underrated winger in the game and where have i said he is the diffrence between winning or losing he is a great asset to the team and your FOOL if you dont see it.

The wing is his spot
                We are the Fonk

Comment

bah. I'd suggest that anyone who thinks a winger should be chosen for their dummy half running abilities doesn't understand the role of a winger.
                  The role of a winger is different for every team.

Brett Morris - great finisher
                  Israel Folau (Storm days) - great leaper
                  Eric Grothe - Like an extra forward early in the set with his hit ups to get them out of trouble
                  Manu Vatuvei - unstoppable when he gets one on one with his other winger

Perrett gets us out of our 20 so often it's not even funny... rather than our forwards getting smashed on their own line with an enthusiastic defense they're coming off a fast play the ball in an area where they feel comfortable to throw offloads and our halves can spread the ball.

He holds his own in defense comes up with a lot of 1 percenters, the last game was just a great example of this... off the top of my head he knocked back a penalty kick into play, raked a 1 on 1 situation, put in a kick an retrieved it to get us another set of 6 & always chasing back on every break. His dummy half running is invaluable and when given a chance (which is far and few between outside Skid) he usually finishes it. What more can you ask for from a winger?

Comment

Exactly Rooster6 !!!
                    We are the Fonk

Comment

What about the fundamental error Perrett made just before halftime which let the Eels back into the game?
                      **** me, I have to wonder, for those calling this a "fundamental error," have any of you played a game of footy before, EVER?

When you pick up a ball, in space, you RUN. You run at the space, and you run hard. Doesn't matter if you're up by 20, or down by 50, if there's 10 seconds left or 80 minutes, if you see open pastures in front of you, you run.

Secondly, footballers do NOT have eyes in the back of their heads. Perrett was completely blindsided by the tackle. It was an Eels hand, from a player BEHIND Perrett, who knocked the ball out. He didn't try and throw a stupid offload, or flick it out the back, or chip and chase... he ran. That's what footy players DO.

That is NOT a fundamental error. It is not even Sammy's fault. He was fantastic all night. People seem to ignoring the shocking miss on Hindmarsh that followed. You want a fundamental error? Look no further.

Comment

Originally posted by Chooks4Life View Post
                        Agree to disagree Perret is fast he is labbeled the hardest man to tackle, the most underrated winger in the game and where have i said he is the diffrence between winning or losing he is a great asset to the team and your FOOL if you dont see it.

The wing is his spot
                        Perrett is a great asset, I never suggested otherwise. I just don't believe he is a winger and I will be surprised if he is still there by end of next season.

In the meantime, I hope he scores 20 more tries on the way to winning us a premiership this year.

Comment

Eric Grothe - Like an extra forward early in the set with his hit ups to get them out of trouble

Perrett gets us out of our 20 so often it's not even funny... rather than our forwards getting smashed on their own line with an enthusiastic defense they're coming off a fast play the ball in an area where they feel comfortable to throw offloads and our halves can spread the ball.

He holds his own in defense comes up with a lot of 1 percenters, the last game was just a great example of this... off the top of my head he knocked back a penalty kick into play, raked a 1 on 1 situation, put in a kick an retrieved it to get us another set of 6 & always chasing back on every break. His dummy half running is invaluable and when given a chance (which is far and few between outside Skid) he usually finishes it. What more can you ask for from a winger?
                          Yep, this is the three dimensional view of the world (as opposed to the 2D view espoused by some on this forum).

I was watching the Dogs / Souths game on Friday night and at one point in the second half the Dogs couldn't get out of their own quarter. I just sat there thankful we have a winger who gets 10-20 metres per run coming out of trouble. I'd have Perrett in my team without hesitation.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindFreddy View Post
                            **** me, I have to wonder, for those calling this a "fundamental error," have any of you played a game of footy before, EVER?

When you pick up a ball, in space, you RUN. You run at the space, and you run hard. Doesn't matter if you're up by 20, or down by 50, if there's 10 seconds left or 80 minutes, if you see open pastures in front of you, you run.

Secondly, footballers do NOT have eyes in the back of their heads. Perrett was completely blindsided by the tackle. It was an Eels hand, from a player BEHIND Perrett, who knocked the ball out. He didn't try and throw a stupid offload, or flick it out the back, or chip and chase... he ran. That's what footy players DO.

That is NOT a fundamental error. It is not even Sammy's fault. He was fantastic all night. People seem to ignoring the shocking miss on Hindmarsh that followed. You want a fundamental error? Look no further.
                            You're absolutely right. There is no one to blame on that play - just dumb luck.

If we are dirty on Perrett for not taking the tackle and playing out the half then we could equally blame Carney or Linnett for passing in that same play.

Comment

All those players have both height and speed!

Comment

All those players have both height and speed!
                                But all suite the kind of way there team play sammy perret really compliments are team and i woudnt want any one else thats all i am trying to say dice
                                We are the Fonk

Comment

Working...
                                X