Its going to be and interesting few weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its going to be and interesting few weeks

I go back and remember Fittlers first year of coaching, how he got the team in the 8 and then we were smashed in the semis.
    They got to the semis because the other teams did not know how the Roosters would play, they got smashed becuase the other teams figured it out and nothing in the game plan changed.

Now the Roosters are dominating and playing great football, the other coaches will be looking at ways to stop the Roosters.
    Its certainly going to be a lot harder for them to stop the Roosters this time and it will be very interesting to see what changes Smith brings in to counter it.

Personally I am not expecting to win all out last games into round 26 (but would like to ) and I am really looking forward to the finals.

I certainly don't expect the Roosters to crash and burn but as JT says the excitment is getting me nervous
    The Internet is a place for posting silly things
    Try and be serious and you will look stupid
    sigpic

Sitting behind the posts on Sat gave me a good view of our defence.
    It was very strong in the middle of the ruck, and there was lots of inside cover, these are very good signs.
    We won't fold this year as I can't see Ryles and Myles let anyone slacken off. FPN and Masoe were hitting very hard on Sat night.
    Out wide is our defensive weakness, Bwian knows that, and will have a strategy to best manage that.

Comment

I just want to get past the Dragons first.

If we can do that, then I'll start thinking ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
        I go back and remember Fittlers first year of coaching, how he got the team in the 8 and then we were smashed in the semis.
        They got to the semis because the other teams did not know how the Roosters would play, they got smashed becuase the other teams figured it out and nothing in the game plan changed.

Now the Roosters are dominating and playing great football, the other coaches will be looking at ways to stop the Roosters.
        Its certainly going to be a lot harder for them to stop the Roosters this time and it will be very interesting to see what changes Smith brings in to counter it.

Personally I am not expecting to win all out last games into round 26 (but would like to ) and I am really looking forward to the finals.

I certainly don't expect the Roosters to crash and burn but as JT says the excitment is getting me nervous
        I really think a loss will be a good thing. I hope it is not against the merge, and I really would love us keep the streak going, but for me, I wouldn't mind if Manly gave it to us, to get the boys heads out of the clouds.

My head has been in the clouds for 3 weeks now. I can't imagine what the players are thinking.

Comment

I, too, think we need a loss. To to go through undefeated between now and the grand final would mean 13 consecutive wins.

I just don't think that's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Chookies74 View Post
            Sitting behind the posts on Sat gave me a good view of our defence.
            It was very strong in the middle of the ruck, and there was lots of inside cover, these are very good signs.
            We won't fold this year as I can't see Ryles and Myles let anyone slacken off. FPN and Masoe were hitting very hard on Sat night.
            Out wide is our defensive weakness, Bwian knows that, and will have a strategy to best manage that.
            That's my concern. The dragons have always had success on our right hand side. Cooper and Morris will attack that side. SKD and Pez need to stand up. Pez needs to stay on his man and not get sucked in this week

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Verlaine's Ghost View Post
              I, too, think we need a loss. To to go through undefeated between now and the grand final would mean 13 consecutive wins.

I just don't think that's possible.
              1975 we won 19 straight , lost narrowly to St george in the final and smashed them to bits in the GF

2002 we won our last 11 straight to win the GF

its definitly possible, our season started 6 weeks ago when Carney went to 5/8th

In saying that I dont think we will win them all, and narrow loss wont hurt us as long as we learn from it

Comment

Originally posted by Roosdaman View Post
                1975 we won 19 straight , lost narrowly to St george in the final and smashed them to bits in the GF

2002 we won our last 11 straight to win the GF
                Actually, it was our last 9 in 2002.

It will be better to lose one; with every win, you move closer to a loss and I'd rather it be in the next 5 weeks than in the finals.

Comment

I don't want to loose any but to win the GF, we must get the luck of the draw into the semis so by being Minor Premiers might mean facing the Broncos again. I know we beat them twice but they are one of the sides I have always feared along with the dogs. Being 3rd might mean the Tigers or Titans which suits me fine, as long as the positions remain the same, though highly unlikely.

Comment

totally different team in 08. scored all our tries off kicks because there wasnt much depth. fitler didnt have the experience as a coach

Comment

I'm just enjoying the ride. Definitely not thinking about the GF, but feeling so much pride and joy about the massive turn around.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbie View Post
                        I'm just enjoying the ride. Definitely not thinking about the GF, but feeling so much pride and joy about the massive turn around.
                        I started out that way, too. But as the wins have piled up, my expectations have continued to rise. I can't help it.

At the start of the year I would have been happy with top 10. Now I'll be disappointed if we don't make the grand final.

"The happier you fly, the sadder you fall." - Neil Young.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Verlaine's Ghost View Post
                          I started out that way, too. But as the wins have piled up, my expectations have continued to rise. I can't help it.

At the start of the year I would have been happy with top 10. Now I'll be disappointed if we don't make the grand final.

"The happier you fly, the sadder you fall." - Neil Young.
                          That's a line from the St Merge team song.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook View Post
                            That's a line from the St Merge team song.

Chook.
                            Yes, it could as well have been written for them ...

Comment

Working...
                            X