Limited edition jersies....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited edition jersies....

Just wondering if we will see many of these great looking jersies on Sunday at the game.....
    We just brought 2, and have been assured if we purchased today they will get them here by Friday.....
    They look awesome.....only thing that could make it better is if JWH is inside mine when it arrives......

Can someone please tell me why we just dont wear that jersey for every home game? This Sydney Roosters crap has gone on to long. We are Eastern Suburbs. Everyone knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by bring back easts View Post
      Can someone please tell me why we just dont wear that jersey for every home game? This Sydney Roosters crap has gone on to long. We are Eastern Suburbs. Everyone knows it.
      you change the name back then they risk alienating fans not from the eastern suburbs. times have changed they are the Sydney Roosters.

Comment

Thats a myth that the NRL put on everyone a few years ago. Absolute crap. Look at Canterbury? Bit like saying the Wests Tigers have to move from Leichhardt, what a myth that turned out to be. They pack 20,000 in there every home game. It doesn't matter if you no longer live in Paddo, you can still follow the mighty Eastern Suburbs Roosters. Identity is everything in this game.

Comment

i think those teams are in a stronger position in terms of fan base than we are. with a view of strengthening the fan base by targeting prospective fans i think it is a better move having the name as sydney roosters rather than easts.

to all those fans that were around when they were called easts can still think of them as easts. its not all bad, at least we havent merged.

Comment

my point is that when this 'Sydney' thing was brought in it was a reflection of the super league vacuum. Every other Sydney side (tigers, bulldogs) dropped it and went back to what they really are. My point is you can follow the side no matter where you are from but the identity remains solid to its roots. I dont see manchester United changing their name, they still have a massive following outside of Manchester. I think the powers at be are scared of what the name actually means - Eastern Suburbs- when they should embrace it. The connotations it has i.e no juniors, latte set etc. Last saturday night i didn't turn around in my seat and see a banner in the chookpen that read Sydney, i saw the name EASTS. With the game i just witnessed I dead set choked up!

Comment

Thats a myth that the NRL put on everyone a few years ago. Absolute crap. Look at Canterbury? Bit like saying the Wests Tigers have to move from Leichhardt, what a myth that turned out to be. They pack 20,000 in there every home game. It doesn't matter if you no longer live in Paddo, you can still follow the mighty Eastern Suburbs Roosters. Identity is everything in this game.
              my point is that when this 'Sydney' thing was brought in it was a reflection of the super league vacuum. Every other Sydney side (tigers, bulldogs) dropped it and went back to what they really are. My point is you can follow the side no matter where you are from but the identity remains solid to its roots. I dont see manchester United changing their name, they still have a massive following outside of Manchester. I think the powers at be are scared of what the name actually means - Eastern Suburbs- when they should embrace it. The connotations it has i.e no juniors, latte set etc. Last saturday night i didn't turn around in my seat and see a banner in the chookpen that read Sydney, i saw the name EASTS. With the game i just witnessed I dead set choked up!
              FONK

Comment

i think comparing us to manchester united is a bit premature. but hopefullhy someday.

Comment

I'll shut the **** up. Make ya happy?

Comment

have to laugh at the dead horse flogging! Love ya work. I Went on a bit......

Comment

I'll shut the **** up. Make ya happy?
                      nah mate. we'll just agree to disagree.

Comment

They still can't get the logo right.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster Cogburn View Post
                          They still can't get the logo right.
                          True that. The current thing is horrible. Would love the 80's one or the updated version (100 years) back OR something done with this new hall of fame rooster logo which i already LOVE.

Comment

have to laugh at the dead horse flogging! Love ya work. I Went on a bit......
                            Mate I actually agree with you 100%, I would love to see a return to the old logo and the 'Eastern Suburbs' name.

Unfortunately, I've resigned myself to the fact we are stuck with a generic club name and an emblem that looks like a Japanese manga character. The argument has been done to death, it'll never change (sadly).
                            FONK

Comment

I'd love to see something simlar to the 100 years logo.

The top bit could say just Syndey and where the 100 year logo says 100 years could say Roosters.

I'd make it a bit simpler and take out the background where it looks like the jerset and make it plain white of even a sky blue to reflect the war years.

Anyway, one idea we'll never see I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X