The Grand Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Grand Plan

As others have picked up on, we will be playing the same way for the final rounds of the competition, hoping to jag a win/get into the finals, in which we unleash our new and improved direct game plan. If we start from now it lets out the suprise factor too early. That is all

Originally posted by Geohood View Post
    As others have picked up on, we will be playing the same way for the final rounds of the competition, hoping to jag a win/get into the finals, in which we unleash our new and improved direct game plan. If we start from now it lets out the suprise factor too early. That is all
    You are kidding. I said we would struggle to win another game, and unfortunately its looking that way.
    Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

King of wishful thinking perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Geohood View Post
        I was expecting it tonight Geo, I don't think we have it in us......they want to score every flipping play.

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post
          I was expecting it tonight Geo, I don't think we have it in us......they want to score every flipping play.
          That is what has cost us victory in the last 3 games. We have been in a winning position at the 20 minute mark and just kept on handing the opposition cheap possession from that point on. I think we have had about 50% completion rate in the last three games?

If we can play League instead of touch footy we'll still give it a shake...but if we keep persisting with complacent tactics...

Comment

There are some things that support this arguement.
            Look at the forwards, they are just not working enough. Mosoe 6 runs, FPN 3 runs. No one in their right mind will play a game like that without a reason.
            There was also maybe a glimpse for a couple of mins when they had the big boys running uncharacteristically out wide.

Who knows, more likely its due to the players being impatient, but there is a small just a small chance that Smith is playing game.
            The Internet is a place for posting silly things
            Try and be serious and you will look stupid
            sigpic

Comment

It's either this or Smith concedes that we will not win this year which is ridiculous.

Comment

I thought our execution was poor tonight but i'm not writing them off yet. 2 major errors (Graham bad bouce, Perrett handling error) 2 tries to the Gold Coast. Sure, we try and score off every play and push the pass, but i think we may get our mojo back next week. Got a funny feeling about it. I usually get dark and negative when we lose, very ****ing dark about it, but tonight after i got home, i caught Brian Smiths' press conference and I reckon we might be ok. I think they may turn it around.

Comment

The only thing I could possibly hope for (much like Megan Gale turning up at my place tonight) is that just like the last three match losing streak, this one is followed by a five match winning streak.

Comment

Originally posted by Madduke View Post
                    The only thing I could possibly hope for (much like Megan Gale turning up at my place tonight) is that just like the last three match losing streak, this one is followed by a five match winning streak.
                    SIX games

Comment

the forwards are going back to what they did when we were going win loss win loss, standing in or behind the defensive line when we get a kick return,

Myles, Kennedy, FPN, Mose, Conn did not get back to take a hit up until the 3rd tackle.

As soon as they started doing that (mid way through first half), i new we would struggle to win it.

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
                      To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
                      At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
                      Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
                      The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
                        SIX games
                        Oh bugger, you're right. Five would have us in the preliminary final.

Comment

Originally posted by Madduke View Post
                          Oh bugger, you're right. Five would have us in the preliminary final.
                          Five will have us in the GF and that's where we want 6.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
                            Five will have us in the GF and that's where we want 6.
                            I failed maths at school. That's my only excuse.

Comment

Geo and KB, I'll have what you guys are having please.

The Roosters were lazy, impatient and inept for much of that game and it looks like they've gone backwards which completely baffles me.

Listening to the press conference and it sounds just like last week's one - poor execution, pushing the pass, playing impatiently and so on. Which makes me ask, why the fark are you idiots repeating the same mistakes week after week?
                              "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X