No announcement yet.

Bite the bullet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kennedy will drop out, But when Ryles is done Kennedy will take his place!!

Comment

Perrett a backup hooker if Friend get injured. In the odd chance of injury we could move Perrett to hooker, Maubs or BJ or centre, and probably Linnett to the wing. At least that way we could have someone that actually adds value to the team on the bench instead of Koupashitsus.

Of course that is dependent on Perrett being taught to be effective at hooker. Perrett has all the other attributes of a hooker in being low to the ground, strong, quick off the mark, elusive, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
        Perrett a backup hooker if Friend get injured. In the odd chance of injury we could move Perrett to hooker, Maubs or BJ or centre, and probably Linnett to the wing. At least that way we could have someone that actually adds value to the team on the bench instead of Koupashitsus.

Of course that is dependent on Perrett being taught to be effective at hooker. Perrett has all the other attributes of a hooker in being low to the ground, strong, quick off the mark, elusive, etc.
        Sammy's passing game is a bit suspect too...

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post

Why all those positional changes when all you do is replace Jake with MAubs and bring on a running forward i.e Mose or Kennedy!
          Aside from Jake, MAubs does alot of defensive work around the ruck.

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post
            Where did I say i was moving Linnett? BJ would be straight in for Graham on the wing - he returns the ball far more effectively than Graham and is good in the air, he'd do a better job.

It's a waste because we will know that ****wit Kouparitsis will be on the bench as well - two backrowers on the bench when we have 2 that play 80 minutes (and FPN can play 65+ comfortably as well) is a waste of a bench spot, 3 of JWH, Masoe, Kennedy and Conn have to be there. That won't happen if BJ is on the bench.
            Mate BJ aint a winger. Graham was playing pretty well outside Linnett

Comment

Originally posted by Dolphin View Post
              Mate BJ aint a winger. Graham was playing pretty well outside Linnett
              He's not a winger, but he'd still do a better job than Graham.

I am sick to death of Graham returning the ball sideways, it ****ing kills our sets - any smart coach will just tell his team to kick to him all night.

Comment

one thing that has dissapointed me about Brian Smith this year has been his lack of faith in our forwards, I remember listening to an interview he gave after the Manly match talking about how he doesn't think our forwards are tough enough to stand up to the physical sides in the competition and hence why he wants to spread the ball more often then not, I think this has bred lazyness in our forwards and they are certainly not having the impact they were during our 5match wining streak in the middle of the season.

I wish he would show the side the first 50 minutes of the Broncos match and how our forwards steamrolled forward set after set and gave the space Carney required to flourish.

if we can't get a better balance between all out attack and a forward power game we will go straight out the back door in the finals.

Comment

Fletch, I direct you towards Paul Roos dropping a bucket of shit on the Swans about five weeks ago when they were going out the back door of the AFL premiership.

They just made it to week two of the finals.

You say someone's shit hot and they start to believe their own press. You give them a bit of "good but be consistent" then it's more likely to produce results.

I think that's what happened in the halftime talk during the Manly game.

Comment

Smith has a habit of taking hype away from our players. He did it with Pearce and Toddy around origin time. With the hype around us after those 5 wins, he started to put a lid on it. I recall him saying a couple of months ago that he thought we were contenders and after last weekend he said he wasn't confident of our chances. He knows what we are capable of but can he bring out the best in the boys from now on?

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
                      Smith has a habit of taking hype away from our players. He did it with Pearce and Toddy around origin time. With the hype around us after those 5 wins, he started to put a lid on it. I recall him saying a couple of months ago that he thought we were contenders and after last weekend he said he wasn't confident of our chances. He knows what we are capable of but can he bring out the best in the boys from now on?
                      Unfortunately after those 5 straight wins, we started to believe the hype. We are under the radar again

Comment

Working...
                      X