Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roosters involved in betting probe... again..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tries Off Kicks View Post
    you're a mug mate

if they published quotes from Alan Eskander that he didn't say, they'd be sued

so amongst all your brainless waffle, are you saying eskander didn't say those things?

just answer that
    And where did I say I was denying what he said? I did however imply that just because you publish your own spin on it with the "quotes" you choose to put in while your pushing your own agenda doesn't mean anyone who bothers to read it is going to swollow it all up. You either don't understand journalism or think nobody else does.

Don't call me mate. Thanks.

Comment

it was to win by more then 10.. Against cowboys that's hardly surprising it was a popular option. We only won by 10. you can't blame a team for wanting to win by as much as possible... Stupid article

Comment

Perhaps the bookies paid the Roosters to play poorly!
        Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Eskander is a bookmaker.

I know a couple and I wouldn't believe anything they told me.

The fact that he said "they rarely lose" is laughable.

Even professional punters lose regularly, it's the volume and regularity that they bet which allows them to "win".

They forget that these "regular winners" turn over plenty with them.
          Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

It's da storms fault. They open a bottle of werms withe der scandal!

Comment

you're a mug mate

if they published quotes from Alan Eskander that he didn't say, they'd be sued

so amongst all your brainless waffle, are you saying eskander didn't say those things?

just answer that
              Selective editing is great. What did Alan Eskander say that wasn't included in the quotes? By leaving things out, you can often skew the context.

Unethical reportage from News? Never.

Comment

Originally posted by Fairfax View Post
                Selective editing is great. What did Alan Eskander say that wasn't included in the quotes? By leaving things out, you can often skew the context.

Unethical reportage from News? Never.
                ffs, the bookmaker has suspicions about some games - that's all the report says

what are they trying to "skew" the focus to?

why is it "unethical"?

in light of the Tandy incident, there is a growing suspicion that there may be illegal betting going on in some games. Maybe you hadn't heard. check out what's happening in the cricket world at the moment

Wayne Bennett said as much yesterday

What's his secret agenda?

where there is betting on sport, there will be attempts by some to profit from this in an illegal way

that's a fact - it's not anti roosters sentiment

those same guys writing that piece voted on coach of the year and captain of the year last night

who won those awards again?

Comment

those same guys writing that piece voted on coach of the year and captain of the year last night

who won those awards again?
                  journos with zero cred don't vote on it anymore...it's voted upon by former internationals like Freddy and Junior

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade View Post
                    journos with zero cred don't vote on it anymore...it's voted upon by former internationals like Freddy and Junior
                    I think you will find that Andrew Webster and Dean Ritchie are on the voting panel.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade View Post
                      yes, you obviously know what you're talking about...

Under Dally M voting guidelines, the positional award winners are voted for by a panel of 12 experts including Channel 9s Andrew Johns, Brad Fittler and Wally Lewis, Fox Sports’ Laurie Daley, Greg Alexander and Gary Belcher, Sky NZ’s Daryl Halligan and The Daily Telegraph’s Andrew Webster, Dean Ritchie, Josh Massoud, Nick Walshaw and Barry Toohey.

not

Comment

Working...
                      X