Week off or not???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week off or not???

Well if results go our way and our Mighty Roosters win, we may have the week off....but will this be a hinderance for the Roosters???

We have seen teams in the past suffer from playing through without the week off, essentially wasting their energy playing that extra week, then again, we have seen teams suffer from having the week off.

So whats your opinion, week off or not?

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
    To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
    At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
    Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
    The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Most teams are playinhg busted this time of year....a week off could make the difference. I used to favour consistent momentum, but I reckon the break is needed this year.
    Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

How could we get a week off from 6th position?

Comment

Originally posted by Geohood View Post
        How could we get a week off from 6th position?
        if all the top 4 teams lose, the possibility is there.

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
        To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
        At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
        Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
        The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

A week off is extremely unlikely but it would be handy to rest up a few players.

In terms of good results for the Roosters this weekend, if the Roosters, Raiders and Saints all won, the Chooks would only meet the Dragons in the GF. Otherwise I think the Roosters would end up meeting the Saints in the prelim (to be fair, though, I'd be thrilled if the Roosters could actually make it that far).

So if the Roosters win I'll be cheering for Canberra.
          FONK

Comment

We win and get a home semi - probably against NZ.

Then Saints to get into the big one.

That will do me.

Comment

Possible 02 or 03 GF rematch on the cards. Exciting.

Comment

i think for us more momentum would be better. we only have 2 shaky wins from our last 5 matches.

Comment

Manly wont be beating anyone let alone the Dragons.

Comment

No realistic chance of Manly winning, no week off.

It would be nice, I think we've played better after breaks this year

Comment

Our best form this year - aside from the Parramatta game, which was a 5 day turnaround - has been when we've been fresh.

I would love the week off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Verlaine's Ghost View Post
                        Our best form this year - aside from the Parramatta game, which was a 5 day turnaround - has been when we've been fresh.

I would love the week off.
                        absolutely

every coach and every team would love a week off

won't be happening though

Comment

a week off would be great but there is no way in hell all the top 4 sides would lose, I would be happy if we made it to the second week via a win or via losses by Canberra and Manly.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
                            a week off would be great but there is no way in hell all the top 4 sides would lose, I would be happy if we made it to the second week via a win or via losses by Canberra and Manly.
                            It is POSSIBLE, though very unlikely, our best result is to win and get a week off, but more likely play a busted up titans at the SFS

Comment

Working...
                            X