Well Done!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Done!!!

Well done. Not the perfect game but good enough to get us over this week. Sorry for Grahams injury. I know he gets bagged but he does his best and that's good enough for me.
    My only peeve is that we must love to defend on the line cause we kick it back to them early on the count and allowing them to get to the line not long after that.

I'm worried because we've beaten 2 teams that have played with injured players. There were definitely cracks there in our defence, and end of the day I don't think tonight's win was good enough to beat the dragons (and possibly titans.)

We still need to life but hey... a pretty bloody convincing win, and we're still alive!!! If we beat the Titans then I think we'll go all the way...

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
      Well done. Not the perfect game but good enough to get us over this week. Sorry for Grahams injury. I know he gets bagged but he does his best and that's good enough for me.
      My only peeve is that we must love to defend on the line cause we kick it back to them early on the count and allowing them to get to the line not long after that.
      Actually I thought we looked better after Graham went off.

Comment

In that mood there was never going to be any result other than a Roosters win. No matter who was in or our for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tootsie View Post
          Actually I thought we looked better after Graham went off.
          I didn't say either way. Just said that I'm sorry he got injured but if you want my opinion, BJ is a stronger runner but not a faster one. Horses for courses!

Comment

I didn't say either way. Just said that I'm sorry he got injured but if you want my opinion, BJ is a stronger runner but not a faster one. Horses for courses!
            i think people are overlooking the fact that BJ by trade is a backrower. i rate him and agree that he is going to be a superstar and is playing awesome but a little perspective here. he has played wing once in his career ever (including juniors) and that was a couple of weeks ago as a last minute fill in. now we somehow think he can play there in a prelim final. the titans will target him like there is no tomorrow and irrespective of his ball running, his positional play and general wing play (aerial ability, high ball etc) would be a massive liability. if we decide against bringing a genuine winger up into first grade like naughton which is just as big a risk imo, the linnett should be on the wing and BJ centre and then they can interchange during the game but although i agree that grahams runs often lack penetration and energy he doesnt make all that many mistakes and defends for us quite well imo so in a big pressure game he could be a pretty big loss. I would have prefered an injury if any to someone like conn in the forwards because we have players like masoe raring to go. will be interesting to see what smith does thats for sure

Comment

Originally posted by roz View Post
              i think people are overlooking the fact that BJ by trade is a backrower. i rate him and agree that he is going to be a superstar and is playing awesome but a little perspective here. he has played wing once in his career ever (including juniors) and that was a couple of weeks ago as a last minute fill in. now we somehow think he can play there in a prelim final. the titans will target him like there is no tomorrow and irrespective of his ball running, his positional play and general wing play (aerial ability, high ball etc) would be a massive liability. if we decide against bringing a genuine winger up into first grade like naughton which is just as big a risk imo, the linnett should be on the wing and BJ centre and then they can interchange during the game but although i agree that grahams runs often lack penetration and energy he doesnt make all that many mistakes and defends for us quite well imo so in a big pressure game he could be a pretty big loss. I would have prefered an injury if any to someone like conn in the forwards because we have players like masoe raring to go. will be interesting to see what smith does thats for sure
              The way Conn throws himself, you wonder how he gets back up.

Comment

The way Conn throws himself, you wonder how he gets back up.
                He is a madman, pure and simple.

Comment

Working...
                X