Telegraph Continue Their Anasta Rumour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telegraph Continue Their Anasta Rumour

FORGET the denials coming from the Roosters camp - Braith Anasta definitely wants out and is a realistic chance of playing for the Cowboys in 2011 - or maybe even the Parramatta Eels.Anasta hasn't been happy since being switched into the pack by coach Brian Smith this season, and his manager Greg Willett has been telling rival clubs his client is ready, willing and able to make a move next year, even though he's under contract for another season. Anasta is too professional to talk publicly about his situation at the Roosters. The dark horse in all this is the Parramatta Eels. They tried for Brett Kimmorley and missed out. They tried for Trent Barrett and missed out. They tried for Quade Cooper and missed out. Now there's talk Anasta would be a great one-year option before Cooper agrees to switch codes in 2012. A lot will depend on Anasta's squeeze Jodi Gordon. We hear their relationship is going from strength to strength and she would prefer to stay in Sydney.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1225926037957

Im usually of the belief that were theres smoke... But it just doesnt sound right after how well we have gone this year and him winning Captain of the Year etc
    Last edited by redrooster; 09-19-2010, 02:12 AM.

I believe that this rumor about Anasta has a lot in common with my lower intestine.

They're both full of the same thing.

Comment

And from Danny Weidler -

THE true test of the relationship between the Roosters and Braith Anasta might come in a few weeks. ''I'm going to approach the club at the end of the season for a two-year extension,'' said his manager, Greg Willett. ''That's how much he loves the club.'' Anasta confirmed this. ''I want to play out my career here. I'm the captain of the club and love it here.''

There is no doubt in the world that the Roosters will honour the contract of Anasta until the end of next year, but beyond that is where the doubt creeps in. Anasta knows the Roosters will look at his deal and look at where he is playing. At the moment he is the top-paid player at the club - and, given his leadership on and off the field and contribution with the young players, he is deserves his pay packet. Anasta has been inspirational for two other reasons - he barely missed a beat as he overcame a shocking ankle injury and, in a far bigger test, he has also dealt with his mum's battle with cancer.

But football is a cut-throat business and deep down Anasta would know that the Roosters have the makings of the best halves combination in the NRL in Mitchell Pearce and Todd Carney, and that his days as a back at the club are limited to being a fill-in for Carney. And there is no way that the Roosters will fork out the same big dollars to have him playing in the back row. It's not an insult to Anasta - it's just a fact, and that's why rival teams are now sniffing. ''Whatever is going on, I have a contract with the Roosters and I want to see it out for sure,'' Anasta said.

Comment

I just want him to re-sign and put all these rumors to bed.

To be honest, a lot of these whispers are often started for the sheer purpose of putting doubt in the players minds.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mack View Post
          I just want him to re-sign and put all these rumors to bed.

To be honest, a lot of these whispers are often started for the sheer purpose of putting doubt in the players minds.
          I just want him to resign for alot less money.

Comment

If he captains us to a Premiership, he should have whatever he wants. Great game last night form him too.
            Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

I don't doubt his manager may be saying he is thinking about leaving, but I doubt that's what anasta actually thinks.

Comment

Trust me, he is staying in Sydney.

Keep trying to destabilize us, you News Ltd cocksuckers.

Comment

**** Bourbon Bec, Rothfield 25s and their News Ltd trash, they got a one of their entries there bagging out "the other sunday paper" for some inaccurate reporting. And their "top sports story" is some shit about Fatty and Channel 9!!! I mean, just piss off.

After the absolutely ****ing undemocratic behaviour of News Ltd in its reality-denial alternative-universe reporting of politics and the washup in the federal election I am convinced the only possible response is to just refuse to buy its newspapers or read its website. I am so glad that "old media" is dying and I can't wait until Murdoch the withered old fascist paywalls his newspaper and its consistently outrageous lies from everybody!

Comment

NQ "even more unpalatable" than lock

Sydney Morning Herald match report has this little gem;

And it was fitting that Braith Anasta also crossed. The Dally M captain of the year has been in the spotlight all week amid suggestions that he wants out of Bondi Junction.

Anasta was faced with a prospect even more unpalatable than playing at lock - playing for the North Queensland Cowboys. However, he shrugged off the speculation - and the Panthers' defence - with a fine try from a Pearce offload.

Comment

Suck on this one Bourbon Bec you slag

Comment

smoke, fire. there's truth to it I'm sure. how much of it is truth is questionable.

Comment

Fact

Originally posted by my_dogs_named_fitzy View Post
                          smoke, fire. there's truth to it I'm sure. how much of it is truth is questionable.

#1 - While it has been publicized that Parra & The Cowgirls are chasing Braith hard, Souths, yes the Scum of The League WANT HIM BAD. Prepared to offer him a long term deal too good to refuse. I cannot imagine him wearing their colours given the shit he and his family are subjected to from their redneck suporters.
                          #2 - Tim Sheens is interested in Phil Graham. It's either Parra or Tigers in 2011for him.

Comment

I'm sure the rumour is motivated by his manager trying to get an upgraded contract while he is in good form

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Morley View Post
                              I'm sure the rumour is motivated by his manager trying to get an upgraded contract while he is in good form
                              Well, he's got Anasta in the papers for the last month or so, so I think you may be correct.

Comment

Working...
                              X