jake Friend....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jake Friend....

is turning into a real good footballer. Not only making heaps of tackles but starting to really run from dummy half and sets up his runners nicely.

I just hope both he and Toddy realise what futures they have and never go back to the drink

He was great last night.

Since he is now sharing a place with Todd, I hope the Roosters pay for a 24 hour security guard during the off season.

Comment

Friend had an awesome game ! Smith handed him the Players Player award last night, it was a close run thing with pearce.

Another player who had a great match is The WarMachine, JWH ! he hit hard and defended like a demon !

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
      To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
      At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
      Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
      The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Friend is really hitting his straps. Has more to his game than Bonetti.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Verlaine's Ghost View Post
          Friend is really hitting his straps. Has more to his game than Bonetti.
          Don't know if it is a good comparison there. Bonetti was the last of the Old School hookers, since he retired, the role of hooker has changed immensley.

Bonetti was what we needed at that time, Friend is what we need now.

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
          To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
          At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
          Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
          The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

When Cameron Smith is done, he is the next Qld hooker.

Comment

I thought Nate Myles was the best on ground,everyone he tackled came up with an injury.He has become the silent assassin,so much for the team being soft up the middle.

Comment

Agree that Friend had a great game and that he is getting better and better. However, I feel he isn't ready to play 80 minutes at this level just yet and as evidence for this I cite luke walsh cutting between a seemingly tired Jake and Mitch Aubs to set up the pennies first try. walsh telegraphed during the week that he was going to run and he did just that and it is this type of tired defence that prince is likely to exploit.
                "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I like the way Jake has progressed since his return
                  When he first came back, he kept his game basic (strong but basic) and then gradually stepped it up and is now making yards and a very very good hooker
                  The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                  Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                  sigpic

Comment

I love this kid, he could be anything, got a huge ticker, and yes he reminds me of Bonetti, who I think was a great team player.

Comment

Working...
                    X