No announcement yet.

Team for tomorrow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone questioning te selection of a front rower who hasn't played for a while starting should remember two words - Paul Osborne.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
      Anyone questioning te selection of a front rower who hasn't played for a while starting should remember two words - Paul Osborne.

I'll safely assume J.T. means this.

From Wikipedia.

In the 1994 Preliminary Final victory over North Sydney, John Lomax was sent off, and subsequently suspended. Tim Sheens (Canberra's Coach) felt that the reserve forwards he had been using in the finals (Brett Hetherington and David Westley) would lose their impact if they started, so he literally called Osborne back from the airport for the opportunity to play one last game - in the Grand Final. Osborne laid on two offloads which led directly to tries in the earlier stages of the match, playing an important role as Canberra won, claiming the 1994 Winfield Cup, and giving him a dream ending to his career.

Either that or the fact that he was sacked by Brian Smith from St George.

Comment

I think having 2 hookers is the key to running the dragons ragged so they can run with nothing left in the tank. Jaubs is very important, hope he plays. They will target friend as well.

If graham is fit, straight swap with leulia (would drop leilua off bench)

So reserves are JWH, Conn, jaubs and kennedy. If a back gets injured then Maubs to centre. If jaubs doesn't play and friend gets injured early we are farged.

The leulia / linnett defense combo scares me much like Jason Ryles offloads.

Comment

Hooker is probably the 2nd or 3rd most important position on the field these days. It is a massive call to go into a game without someone who can fill that spot if the starter goes down.

Comment

Very bad decision if lopini starts tomorrow or even plays at all. !

Comment

If have to try to avoid getting into a grind... Need to score points and run them ragged

Comment

have faith in whatever plan Smithy chooses

Comment

With the running out of dummy half that Perrett and SKD do, it is the same as having two hookers.

I myself would probably prefer Jaubs, but hey Smithy is the man who lives and dies by his decisions so I trust whatever he goes with.

Comment

Lopini will be super fired up.

Could be an inspired choice.

Go Easts!
                    Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Situation is spot on, official teams just released and Lopini will start, FPN to bench, BJ on the wing.

Dragons 1 - 17.

Comment

Leilua lack of pace exposed already.

****ing horrible work by the touchy.

Comment

Leilua dud selection. Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                          X