Out player or out smarted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out player or out smarted

I just dont think we did the little things right when we had the strak of ball in there 20 not once did we opt for the grubber into the in goal we were looking for the big play and when the dragons got in front by 2 tries we crumbled atm i am shatterd but i think after this dies off i will see hey we had a great year
    Up the chooks 2011
    QLD ROOSTER

Originally posted by qldroosters View Post
    I just dont think we did the little things right when we had the strak of ball in there 20 not once did we opt for the grubber into the in goal we were looking for the big play and when the dragons got in front by 2 tries we crumbled atm i am shatterd but i think after this dies off i will see hey we had a great year
    Up the chooks 2011
    QLD ROOSTER

Out-refereed.

We never had a chance.

Comment

We were obsessed with running at Soward in that first half. (he had 2 minders and this was the wrong option) We needed to run at their posts, they were very loose up the middle late in that first half but instead Carney just wanted to do his sideways skip and it was too easy and predictable - should have gone into the break at least 3 or 4 tries up tbh, Saints gave us so much ball in their own half.

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post
        We were obsessed with running at Soward in that first half. (he had 2 minders and this was the wrong option) We needed to run at their posts, they were very loose up the middle late in that first half but instead Carney just wanted to do his sideways skip and it was too easy and predictable - should have gone into the break at least 3 or 4 tries up tbh, Saints gave us so much ball in their own half.
        Where were our forwards going up the middle on a wet track?

Myles throwing that dumb pass early on after we just got the ball up their end didn't help.

We still wouldn't have won, the bias would've overcome anything we tried.

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post
          Very true. I wouldn't blame Carney though. That was obviously the game plan and he stuck to it. The Dragons hid Soward very well. Something Bennet is very good at having many years hiding Lockyer.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi-boy View Post
            Out-refereed.

We never had a chance.
            Bingo..............

Comment

Originally posted by Fleabag Fletch View Post
              Very true. I wouldn't blame Carney though. That was obviously the game plan and he stuck to it. The Dragons hid Soward very well. Something Bennet is very good at having many years hiding Lockyer.
              Beau Scott holds his hand, I have no idea why we kept trying to run over Jamie.....there were massive gaps right up the guts for an entire set at one stage, yet we kept going 3 or 4 passes wide.....ahhhhhhh well.

Comment

We were in it, got some dud decisions and didn't make the most of our first half opportunities but we got beaten. It hurts like hell but we've still had a great season, a massive turnaround and I am sure we will be better for it next season!

Comment

Working...
                X