We lost the game in the first half.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We lost the game in the first half.

We should have been a lot father in front at the break. We dominated in the first half but couldn't turn that dominace into points. That was due to the Stains defence and the weather. We had some attrocious calls go against us and we lost confidence as a result. Carney and Pearce were well contained by the stains and that starved our outside backs.

I feel for Smithy more than anyone. I so wanted him to beat Mr farking Handshake.

Chook.

Yeah should have gone into half-time 10 - 20 up......hopefully they take this losing feeling into 2011 and play every match like it's their last.

Comment

We should of taken our chances in the first half when we had them rattled.......especially when they where under the pump in the 10 min before half time....we had to score....but alas we did not

Comment

Originally posted by Procarlos View Post
        We should of taken our chances in the first half when we had them rattled.......especially when they where under the pump in the 10 min before half time....we had to score....but alas we did not
        Defining moment.....we went left. 4th tackle and Linnett wastes it. I knew then bad refs or not we took some bad options.

Youth.

Experience. Or inexperience. Its how you win comps. By losing them. Ny learning from yor losses. We will win one before the Tampons win another one.
        Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Should have atleast been 8-0 up but with the possession we should have posted atleast another try. To the dragons credit they snuffed us out as we attacked them hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Chook View Post
            We should have been a lot father in front at the break. We dominated in the first half but couldn't turn that dominace into points. That was due to the Stains defence and the weather. We had some attrocious calls go against us and we lost confidence as a result. Carney and Pearce were well contained by the stains and that starved our outside backs.

I feel for Smithy more than anyone. I so wanted him to beat Mr farking Handshake.

Chook.
            Spot on. Regardless of ref calls, we attacked the Dragons line enough to come away with more points in the 1st half. An 8 point lead at half time would've changed both sides mentality in the 2nd half.

Comment

I agree Chook.

On Smithy, I just got back from the club and honestly I could not imagine him being any happier if he had one. He got one hell of a reception from the crowd and realised that the Roosters is where he wants to be
              The Internet is a place for posting silly things
              Try and be serious and you will look stupid
              sigpic

Comment

I was very happy at halftime despite the missed chances and dodgy Saints try. We dominated possession and put ourselves in a position to run the tired Saints forwards ragged in the last twenty minutes of the game. All we had to do to win the game was stay in touch with 20 minutes to go.

A combination of silly mistakes, dodgy calls, and heavy rain threw our chances away.

Comment

In fairness if Morris is called out, Carneys pass to BJ is not incorrectly ruled as forward and we nail the two penalties for offside that should have been given it could have been 16-0 at the break. That is a massive difference. Cant believe there are tools on here that dont think the refs had an impact. If we go in 16-0 up we win I reckon

Comment

If da refs made diff calls maybe da score wouldn't be that much. We had heaps on chance in deer 10 to score and we didn't. Da saints didn't let our players do deer best. I look heaps toward to next year

Comment

Working...
                    X