An objective view on the eagles game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
    I don't see how players such as Tolman, Kaisano, Foster, Halatau, Payne and Paea are any better than our forwards.

In fact, I'm not sure we would want any of their forwards.

Tolman does more work than 2 of our props thus saving the Dogs a crucial interchange in the middle period. He plays 65-70 minutes with no break. Quality work too. Best buy of the year.

Kasiano although nothing special yet is a big lump. Probably goes through the same work as Kennedy.

Ennis is much more creative and more experienced than Jake at this point in time.

Ryan - although not playing wide anymore (where he has lost his pace), runs tight and does it well. Experienced customer.

Stagg is like Myles with less mistakes (so far this season).

Foster is a kid with talent. Can punch a hole and offload. I'd sure prefer him on the left fringe as opposed to Anasta. At least this kid can hit the line.

Then they have Pritchard coming off the bench. One of the most destructive runners in the NRL. Playing less minutes as he is coming off an injury, he is a gamebreaker at the 30-60 min mark.

Micky Paea - dumbass penalties aside, hovers around the 90-100 mark per game.

Payne is Meh.

Halatau is capable.

Their pack will go forward all day - something i don't think the Roosters can do effectively with our backrow. If Eastwood plays then we're in for a long day.

Comment

A good kicking game and discipline in defence will beat the dogs, turn their pack around, apart from barbar there is no long distance tries in the dogs backline, let them play from their own end, no farken dumbarse penalties and we should walk it in.

It is easy in theory, but theory was never a footballers strong point

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
        I would take Tolman in a heartbeat.. Can't say I have seen Kaisano but he comes with big wraps.. the rest are so so.. If Eastwood comes back early then he will give us problems.. On paper they aren't anything special in the forwards but you can bet they will roll their sleeves up. Games aren't won on paper. We have beaten the Bulldogs away only once or twice in 20 years... The odds are certainly stacked in their favour. You also forgot Frank Pritchard.. goes alright...
        I only mentioned the players that I thought were average.

Tolman is a great Supercoach player.

I know how hard it is to beat the Dogs. I'm getting flash backs of Darren Brown scoring a hat-trick at Belmore; or Craig Pollar-Mounter carving us.
        Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Vasco, watch tolman closely

Serious player
          barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

Go EASTS!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by trewhella View Post
              Vasco, watch tolman closely

Serious player
              Mate I'm sure he is.
              Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                I only mentioned the players that I thought were average.

Tolman is a great Supercoach player.

I know how hard it is to beat the Dogs. I'm getting flash backs of Darren Brown scoring a hat-trick at Belmore; or Craig Pollar-Mounter carving us.
                I recall Greg Mackey getting a hattrick against us when they smashed us in 1988 or 89 at the SFS.. Bulldogs teams through the years have always had plenty of 'average' looking players on paper but they all work for each other unlike plenty of Roosters teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster Rampage View Post
                  the desire isn't there like it was late last year and i think the favoritism is hurting us aswell, the players seem to like being the underdogs and flying under the radar, but when you;re the talk of the town and in the top 3 premiership favorites, complacency sets in...
                  Remember we got smacked quite a few times last season and end of the day were lucky to make the top 8. Sure we made the GF after a fairytale finals series, but we always seem to be a battling team that can't just ruthlessly crush the lowly teams.

Comment

We ruthlessly crushed lowly teams in 03 and 04 and ended up in the same place as last year anyway

Comment

Working...
                    X