Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Carney - please explain.

OK, so I don't get it.

Nearly everyone on this forum seems to have some sort of hard-on for JCarney... but I ask you, what has he done?

Yes, there is a cool video of him playing footy on Youtube. There was also a video of a bloke called Ryan Williamson.

And yes, OK, Williamson was SG Ball, Carney is first grade. But still, that was TWO YEARS AGO.

And yes, he is built like a brick house, but so are a whole lot of roidies up at Fitness First. So what?

He played OK in the trials, sure, but he hardly set the world on fire. And we have people having a crack at Perrett, who has arguably covered for our often M.I.A forward pack most of the time with his runs out of dummy half. What's more, we have BJ, one of the most promising young blokes at our club, getting used to a new position (and doing bloody well at it).

So why the calls for Justin Carney? What has he done?

Please explain.
    Last edited by BlindFreddy; 03-24-2011, 10:53 PM.

My sentiments exactly

Comment

There is no doubt JCarney is a great attacking player, i have seen him play a few times and the guy is great with the ball, I think people just want to see him get a run in 1st grade to see how he does, I for one am very interested in seeing how they use him once he plays 1st grade.

Its also his killer personality, The guy is funny as hell without even meaning to be, "Who is the best carney in the club?" .."Todd".

And as you said, His built like a brick house...We are very curious about him.

Comment

When he does get a go, I'm sure his performances will answer your questions BF.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindFreddy View Post
          So why the calls for Justin Carney?
          Please explain.
          Probably that he can do all of the same dummy half running that Perrett does, is faster, much more explosive and able to break tackles. But most importantly he doesn't make the basic school boy errors that Perrett seems to make week in week out.

Sure he has been out for two years, but I'll bet my house that if he is given a fair go he will leave Perrett in the dust. Perrett is a really nice guy and a good club man but he is an average winger at best.

As I have said in previous posts though, Smithy keeps picking Perrett so I will keep cheering for him until Smithy comes around to my way of thinking

Unlike Williamson Carney is a proven FG player, he just needs to be given a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky Chicken View Post
            Probably that he can do all of the same dummy half running that Perrett does, is faster, much more explosive and able to break tackles. But most importantly he doesn't make the basic school boy errors that Perrett seems to make week in week out.

Sure he has been out for two years, but I'll bet my house that if he is given a fair go he will leave Perrett in the dust. Perrett is a really nice guy and a good club man but he is an average winger at best.

As I have said in previous posts though, Smithy keeps picking Perrett so I will keep cheering for him until Smithy comes around to my way of thinking

Unlike Williamson Carney is a proven FG player, he just needs to be given a chance.
            He is getting his chance to prove he is better than the incumbent in the Newtown squad this weekend
            Why don't you get to Henson Park on Saturday and cream your jeans there.
            So you are aware Justin Carney made some basic errors in the one trial he played in!!!
            Spanner gone and never forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by IIRoosterManII View Post
              And as you said, His built like a brick house...We are very curious about him.
              I admit to being bi-curious about him.

Comment

Justin Carney can break the line often, always seems to be in position to take advantage of an offload. break, great from dummy half and very solid in defence.

As much as i like Linnett, he should make way of anyone.

Linnett or BJ will end up fullback when mini retires

Comment

I still don't believe BJ is actually a winger...

Comment

Linnett will not go, Smith is a big fan and rightly so.

Comment

Unless you remember him playing in first grade then it will be hard to get a gauge on his ability. The youtube video offers a glimpse of what he is capable of. I wouldn't compare it to Williamson's video as we are talking the big league here. There is little in google but there are a couple of game reveiws where he was rated very highly. The Raiders had a huge opinion of him and I have no doubt he would be a star in their team now. His injury has obviously set him back. The Raiders didn't need to gamble with him because of the backline depth they have. He still needs time to catch up but I would love to see him given a go in a few more weeks. His injury was a shocker but if he has overcome his injury he will be of great value to us.

It is hard to find a spot for him unless we have injuries or play bad for a few weeks. Smithy won't drop any of 1 to 5. Unless he thinks BJ would be better off on the bench or in another position that is the only spot I can see him force his way into the team if he turns in some blinders for Newtown.

Comment

Originally posted by adamkungl View Post
                        I still don't believe BJ is actually a winger...
                        Surely he's going to be a centre.

Or, dare I say it, a ball playing second rower. Easts can never have enough of them.

Linnet looks too slight for the centres. I don't like thin dudes in those kinds of positions.

Comment

Originally posted by Madduke View Post
                          I admit to being bi-curious about him.
                          im bi-furious he hasnt had a go yet

Comment

Originally posted by punky rooster View Post
                            im bi-furious he hasnt had a go yet
                            Bi-furious, something the Bi-Beast is regularly. When he gets his ass kicked by the Hulk.

Comment

Originally posted by Jollyjock View Post
                              He is getting his chance to prove he is better than the incumbent in the Newtown squad this weekend
                              Why don't you get to Henson Park on Saturday and cream your jeans there.
                              So you are aware Justin Carney made some basic errors in the one trial he played in!!!
                              Bit hard to go and watch from up in Townsville champion.

Just because you get moist for Perrett, no need to get all bitchy. Are you Sam's wife

Comment

Working...
                              X